Through the Fire and Flames

If this is true thats even worse than a bug. How could you not expect this then at a bottleneck campaign quest?

1 Like

Same cant do anything

how does stuff like this happen when the game is already pushed back a month to be released ??

Im standing here with a screen full of players all trying to loot the same thing TO CONTINUE PLAYING THE STORY ?

gimme a break. this is complete bs

Still an issue for me too

COME ON! Get this fixed already! Should get re-imbursed for time since I can’t progress.

1 Like

Also stuck here still

I just got the sword…i waited several minutes and it spawned on top of the broken pillar. still not good to have to wait. Good Luck!

Just here to add my voice…c’mon, Bliz…you learned this three expansions ago with the outpost bug.

2 Likes

Experiencing this as well and I’m stuck. :frowning:

2 Likes

Same Bug Here, Thx Blizzard

I progressed fine but my wife is stuck on this. Just so dumb.

Same issue… This quest should be personalized instead of one blade every 5 minutes…

well… I finally got it. No idea how. I was on the eisland after trying 5 times with all the work arounds. Queue popped for dungeon. Finished dungeon and came back to island and the sword was there. Still seems like a phasing issue to me.

Update to my original post - I can confirm what others here have said, the blade appears to be on a ~7 minute timer and can be sniped by anyone else standing there.

After trying relogging, abandoning and restarting the quest, and toggling War Mode on/off, I came back to read more replies. Went back with WM on, grabbed the quest again. As I got to the island I saw another person pick up the blade, and noted the time - 2:04. I interacted with the rock to see the vision, and then waited to see if it would respawn. It respawned at 2:11 and I was able to loot it.

I’m on Area-52 (heavily populated realm} and there were a ton of people there in WM-OFF, but I had zero competition for the blade with WM-ON.

The sword was appearing once every five minutes for me… I waited for 4 rounds before I was lucky enough to be the one to click it first. Appears to be on a 5-minute timer for some god-forsaken reason.

As the user above said, spawns once every 5 min. There were 15 people waiting for it. Went back to org to turn on warmode and there were far fewer people.

Really? I thought the sword not appearing was a bug but instead its apparently just terrible quest design…/sigh. Who thought this was a good idea?

Just switched Wm on dropped quest and got it instantly

Ran some timers, took me four or five attempts to complete the quest.

The sword spawns in the stone every few minutes. It sticks out the top of it, above the little bone spike. It is not instanced, so its first-come first-serve. However multiple players can grab it at once if they’re quick enough.

Spawns were between 6m30s and 7m40s by my count.

You might have better luck if you are able to switch phases to one where its untouched. At least until they fix this.

Edit: For the record, no combination of addons/restarts/abandons helped. Just a waiting game.

Same problem!

Relogged, abandoned quest and re-accepted again, toggled WM on and off, repeatedly right-clicked the stone, nothing happens. No “Unfinished Blade”.

It’s just a bunch of us stuck on a little island in the lava frustrated. :frowning: