Thread unlisted?

Made a mild thread about the new UI and how it needs to have snapping on release and saw it was unlisted. Why? Mistake?

1 Like

If I had to guess, Autai, it looks like that thread was overall a bit unproductive with all the commentary not focused on feedback.

Normally, I’d recommend submitting a forum appeal so a moderator can take a look but let me see if I can clean it up a bit and put it back. I’ll be deleting the second thread if I do though.

4 Likes

It’s just weird that closing and unlisting was potentially the first reaction to it. Thanks tho.

3 Likes

If it requires some major clean up, they can do this. It may be no reflection of the post at all, just easier when it is massively derailed.

For my own knowledge, what is snapping?

Snapping is “Snap to grid”, so it immediately aligns to the closest grid line when moving the interface components around.

2 Likes

It’s just general grid snapping for your action bars. So that it’s not a free roam you have to drag it to precision situation. It’ll snap to the grid and then generally you have the ability to finalize the placement via x/y axis interfacing.

Free roam will just kill folks hands imo and will have people working harder on their UI more than necessary to get the placement they are working toward.

Appreciate both of the responses.

1 Like