Thoughts on Horde getting "High Elf" eyes?

The evolution would stem differently. Seeing as blood elves that continue to practice arcane use would have blue or purple eyes. And high elves that went cold turkey would just have normal eyes. The in-game representation has never been accurate as we only had 1 eye color before just green and blue. When in lore high elves even had green eyes naturally.

Ion also said that blood elves are high elves. In terms of lore it doesnt matter to me or blizzard. Thats an excuse blizzard uses to not make the alliance cry. If Blizzard believed in their lore there would be cross faction play

I’ll bet we do get the eyeball colours as well as the hair and ear changes.

Idk about that body jewelry though.

Ion has repeatedly been on record saying it doesn’t make sense for belves to get blue eyes. It’s not happening.

Not when your constant source of magic comes from a holy infused font of power.

There’s a reason they get to choose green and yellow.

Physiologically yes.

WoW story wise? WoW experiences?

No. Those are Alliance High Elves. A separate group.

2 Likes

Again lore is only used when it favors Blizzard. It doesnt mean anything just see how we cannot play cross faction or how we can play in peacemode. Blue eyes are only game breaking to the alliance snobs who should never get high elves as they already have void elvds and night elves. This should 100% be an option for the horde.

If you need a lore reason just make a questline that connects your blue eyes with something to the Shadowlands. Gg easy.

1 Like

Sorry, Blizzard isn’t going to step on their lore to give you a customization that doesn’t line up with their universe just because you have a backwards view on lore.

Ion told you no, you already have green and yellow eyes, that is the Blood elf aesthetic.

Blue eyes is the High Elf aesthetic, there’s a reason he said it “doesn’t fit the Blood Elves”.

How greedy can you be.

1 Like

It is 50/50 arcane and light so…

1 Like

The real reason is blue eyes was the lowest effort difference between blood elves and high elves… since the blood elf lore suggests demon skin and other fel changes. The fel gradiance would be different depending on how much fel the blood elf took. Some blood elves would have no corruption as well seeing as how taking the name blood elf was a political thing after the scourge wars.

And light is a fundamental power that created the universe along with void and all other powers in it.

It is stronger than arcane, and it shows in your yellow eyes.

Blood elves with green eyes never took Fel, they were corrupted by it via vicinity of Fel crystals, fel being as chaotic as it is, overrides and devours other sources of magic, which is what makes it potent, but no so much as holy, as we see that an infusion of Light can “cure” Fel but also override it like it would override any other form of magic other than Void, we saw this when Illidans Fel was almost overridden by Light from Xe’ra.

Light is a powerful and a fundamental force, if its a contest between arcane and light, light wins.

1 Like

None of that is the lore.,. That is conjecture… seeing as the new blood elf eye colors show purple and teal and other colors. And as we see with the demonhunter weapons they have blue fel magic too… and other colors so the fel isn’t just green.

You mean the non-canon artifact appearances?

Okay, sure. But no.

Did you also miss the part where ion said those colors are for NPCs and do not belong to the blood elf aesthetic?

Did you not read this thread?

1 Like

I did… he has sad many things that have not made lore sense too. But I guess we defend what we want. Your argument says the light explains the yellow eyes. Whereas the arcane is often displayed with high elves in white blue or purple eyes.
While ingame blood elves have always shown to have green eyes when in lore also any elf that stands with there blood elves could take the name blood elf. Because at first it was just a political thing. The mana-deprivation started but even now any high elf can just join and be considered a blood elf if they wanted.

Anyway’s I have showed that fel has other color magics as well. Since fel blue is a thing fel purple and even fel pink is a thing those would be viable colors for our glowing laser elves.

1 Like

Because lore is flexible and new lore can help here. The same way that nelfs got nice shadow eye options. Just add the lore and its perfectly fine. He never said that it will never be a thing in the future. Just that right now it does not make sense. He also said that if you want to play a high elf to go to the horde because they are blood elves. So you can decide if its worth it to keep requesting blood/high elves for the alliance And i can request blue elves for the blood/high elves of the horde

2 Likes

ponders for a second

We are devolved/evolved high elves technically?

Fel is still Fel. Still loses to light.

But like I showed you, those colors are not canon.

Which is also incorrect as it pertained to the question of Alliance High Elves, as you continue to be as well.

Lore is flexible to a point, you’re not allowed to bend it to fit what you want, this is how you ruin stories and world building, this is how you end up with Warlords and BFA.

I already explained why, take the time to read.

You can imagine all you’d like, as long as it fits within lore, as it shouldn’t be broken for something as trivial as customization options, and blizzard shouldn’t start breaking their lore to satisfy things as such, it ruins the integrity of their story and lessens the game as a whole.

1 Like

What integrity. They wrote off all tjeir integrity years ago

And you want to bury it more with blue eyes that don’t make sense?

That’s so sad dude.

You have green and you have yellow, asking for even more that destroy the story more is selfish.

Blood elves have more options for customization than any race in the game and are getting MORE in shadowlands with hairstyles and jewelry and ear length.

1 Like

When they consume fel they become felblood elves with horns an ting.

Shadowlands datamining has been kind of funny bc you get to think about all the dudes steamed up at their keyboards about the eye colors of elves and humans having human skin colors and such