Thoughts on Horde getting "High Elf" eyes?

For those who havnt seen already.

Edit : Might be NPC only! Available in the SL dressing room along with a ton of other races options if anyone is interested.

Blood Elves aren’t getting blue eyes. It’s already been confirmed by Blizzard that the datamined blue eye color is an NPC exclusive.

33 Likes

Wowhead needs to stop including NPC options as click bait.

29 Likes

Even the blueish eyes on wowhead arnt the High Elf version…

2 Likes

I think Ion said they weren’t be for playable Belves.

Remember tho sometimes Ion says something the opposite things occurs tho lol.

BTW, in the datamine it says they are in the category of playable, but since Ion said that, wowhead says that they will be for NPC only anyways

3 Likes

Ion: “Blood Elves will not be getting blue eyes, as they have evolved”

9 Likes

Does anyone know if the purple and red eyes are for players chars or NPCs?

Both NPC only it seems

1 Like

My best guess is if those tints are made available it might be for Death Knight players. I know they updated their eye effects already but perhaps they are getting a few varying shades of blue?

Idk. But regardless, we’re not getting the datamined blue eye color for Blood Elves.

2 Likes

Like as someone who has a belf I appreciate the broader range of appearance options, but the closest we’ve gotten to the jealously horded “blue” of the helves has been a turquoise which is still nice.

But that having been said, I’m not over the moon with the changes, particularly after Blizz backed out of giving belves blue.

It will be nice to have a belf with a beard though :thinking:

2 Likes

You’re like a month too late for this troll bait, sorry OP.

4 Likes

I also don’t really care either way. One has to HAVE eyes in order for eye color to matter.

Strange, theyre in the same files as the yellow eyes currently available. And they’re placed similarly to other races eye customization.

Interesting either way! Cant wait for more Tauren horns

Yep that’s the thing wowhead said too, they are in the place where the options for playable character is, but since Ion said the belves wouldn’t get them, wowhead now says which one are for NPC and which ones are for playable

Lol why would npcs be getting multiple shades of blue eyes in an expansion focused on character customization? Also devs aren’t known to lie… so sure… they’re just for npcs…

1 Like

If anything, I’d rather have the purple or red eye color options. Blue is nice and all, but purple is way cooler.

5 Likes

Now I’m picturing alliance getting high elves that don’t have eyes at all, just nothing where the sockets would be.

They could find their way via echo location!

2 Likes

We’ve got the ears for it.

1 Like

Probably for NPC, but can’t fully confirm. Ion said that Blue Eyes are not for players, but hasn’t said anything about purple or red eyes.

2 Likes

Because extant NPCs have a few different shades of blue, so to maintain such come the update, gotta keep that consistency

If they were actually for players, they’d have the one eye blind option like the green eyes do and these blue eyes specifically don’t