Thoughts about IF Shadowlands will be a botched product at launch as well

LMAO
You are incredibly entertaining and oh so wrong.
Have a good day, moron.

You can put it however you want.

I literally saw the clip of the guy basically severing a Tauren’s connection to his friends and family, then the tauren turned into one of those stupid blue people, and just wandered off completely emotionless and without any sense of identity.

However you personally want to interpret that, is up to you.

I refuse to see them as a positive thing.

Yeah I watched it too.

Those blue people are called Kyrian. In that clip, the Tauren was already a Kyrian (surprise his original physical body is destroyed).

Again though, he didn’t forget his family. He missed them and that was what was holding him back from ascension. He needed to be relieved of that burden, so they conducted a ritual that did so. He said at the end he was relieved but a bit sad. He still missed his family, but he didn’t have to worry about them anymore.

Heck, if these characters are wiped of their memory then what is Uther? Not Uther? Yeah I doubt it.

Even if you dislike the Kyrian there’s also the other Covenants.

If that’s what you saw, you’re welcome to your interpretation.

Personally, I don’t care for any of the Covenants.

I’d rather I didn’t have to interact with them at all.

I’m sorry but what I’m reading isn’t an interpretation it’s literally just right there.

Why?

It’s how you view the situation, my point of view on the entire situation is vastly different. I don’t know what to tell you if you are struggling with that.

Also as for the Covenants? I don’t like them. I don’t like shadowlands. I don’t like the themes. I feel like we’re just jumping off into a completely different area for stupid reasons when there’s massive plot holes still laying around.

I’ve no interest in dealing with the Denizens of that world. I don’t care if they wear familiar faces.

What themes exactly? Death? A completely unexplored region in WoW?

I mean, Death is breaking apart. That’s huge. Also as for plot holes, yeah I’ll agree with you about the whole Gorribal situation but other than that I don’t see any plot holes.

But why?

A completely unnessessary region of wow, that didn’t need to be addressed, but got dragged into it, and left multiple different other things that should be being done left in the dust. Also yes, the death theme is dumb, and I have zero interest in it. It’s not new stuff either, it’s just going to be recycled characters, and a few extra slapped on skins to old stuff, and just be another stupid AP grind.

You don’t see any plot holes? The giant sword? The massive end to the 4th war? Sylvanas plot armoring her way into causing this to begin with? The massive rebuilding efforts that need to be addressed? There’s so many things that just get dropped, and instead we’re galavanting off into the stupid shadowrealm to deal with supposedly long dead people.

Because again, I don’t enjoy the theme, I don’t care if they have the faces of past lore characters, I am not a fan of the death theme, and I think this entire thing is stupid chasing Sylvanas around because the writers can’t turn off their waifu bias for two seconds and realize she should literally be dead right now.

Also the fact that instead of you know, doing what you do every expansion? in helping multiple factions, and doing quests related to all of them, blizz has you locked into “Swearing Fealty” to one of them, which is stupid. I’m not swearing fealty to any covenants, nor am I swearing fealty to any long dead spirits.

I mean that can be said about every expansion. There was no reason for a second Legion Invasion. There was no reason for Pandaland. There was no reason to go after Arthas after Illidan.

Didn’t they say there’s no infinitely grindable resource? Only Anima which has a lock on it.

I don’t think the writers think she’s a good guy. She’s just the Gul’dan for this expansion. The Jailor is the actual bad guy. He has been for years.

You still have factions. You’re just choosing one to pledge to.

Again, why?

Could be, but at least then it wasn’t stupid plot contrivances and bullcrap “Lore” that got us there. Wrath happened because undead scourge invasions started popping up in major cities trying to turn the world into mindless zombies.

BC happened because we were fighting back a demon army, and trying to figure out who was commanding it.

Pandaria happened, because the alliance and horde accidently both stumbled upon it, and it was during the height of a war and they were both looking for resources and saw potential allies and resources to be had.

Shadowlands? Waifu BS’s her way through everything, breaks magic helmet after 1v1ing the lich king without getting touched, and breaks it, now we’re in the shadowlands. :woman_shrugging:

Anima is literally going to just be another AP grind. Just because they “cap” it at some point doesn’t mean it’s not an AP grind. It’s gonna be yet another borrowed power expansion, where our characters haev zero growth and rely on borrowing powers from an outside source, that will probably be gone the moment shadowlands is over.

Also, I don’t care if the writers think she’s a good guy, she’s got stupid amoutns of plot armor and should have died ages ago without it, but blizzard just keeps letting her get away with everything. I’m not going to be remotely surprised when they try to kerrigan 2.0 her, because she literally gets to get away with everything, because she’s the waifu.

Also, no, I’m not going to pledge myself to one. They can either all equally share in the fruits of my efforts in fixing the problems they seem completely incapable of fixing on their own, or they can sod off. They need my help, I don’t need theirs. :woman_shrugging:

Why? Because it’s stupid. Just leave it as the 4-5 zone factions in the area you grind rep for, and do quests for. This swearing fealty garbage is stupid, and I’m not gonna do it.

I’ll take Sylvanas breaking the helmet causing the undead scourge to run rampant over Azeroth causing the Alliance and Horde to investigate over randomly stumbling upon a continent or the Lich King just “waking up.”

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. I personally like borrowed power. And I know that everyone is going to hate me for saying that.

But… the point is that they do need your help. The players are the only ones able to enter and leave the Maw. We are Maw Walkers.

Again I’m just curious why you hate these Covenants so much. I get it you don’t like them but I don’t get where this hate is coming from. Why doesn’t this apply to literally everything in the game?

Well, if you enjoy your waifu’s breaking lore and the world, due to not dying due to plot armor. You have at it. I don’t consider this natural at all, and it feels utterly forced.

Yep. I disagree wholeheartedly on the borrowed power thing. It was neat for an expansion, it’s wore out it’s welcome in BFA, and I’m just done with it for shadowlands. I don’t have any interest in it.

Also on that note, neat. Cool, they can equally share then, I’m not pledging myself to one of them.

The reason I hate them? It’s not only a borrowed power mcguffin grind again, but it’s also completely locking you out of 3/4 of the other factions because your only allowed to pick one. Which YOU have to wear fealty to, which is stupid. I’m not swearing my loyalty to some death faction, I’m not a cultists, I’m not pledging myself to any after life spirits.

Further, The special abilities are gonna get min-maxed to death to the point if you picked the wrong specc / covenant your screwed.

The transmog options don’t even look good.

Further, again, I completely detest the entire theme of shadowlands, I don’t care if your wearing uthers face, that isn’t going to endear me to you. Nor is it going to make me want to swear fealty to your stupid faction.

You can either all accept the help I give to you equally, or you can sod off I say. I’m not pledging myself to any death cult, and gathering “Anima” for them so they can “Grace” me with their borrowed powers. While literally being completely helpless on their own.

I feel like this scene and this line is very relevant.

I hope not but my realist side says yes. Holinka being in charge of class design a major factor in that.

I hate Sylvanas. But she didn’t break the lore. She’s got the Jailor powering her up.

But… you’re helping all of them. You’re just choosing a Covenant that you want to be closer to.

blizzcon basically didnt reveal much.

the covenants already look like they will have big issues. primarily the covenant abilities. theres not a single way in hell that blizz balances these out. if you care about performance, your going to go with whats best. and this screws you if hate the aesthetic of that covenant. also, if you play multiple specs ( especially on the hybrids ), if your covenant ability is good for one spec, another covenant might have the best for another spec. these things should of just been a new talent row. we havnt had a new talent since the start of WOD, over 6 years ago. this is just more rented player progression garbage that blizz loves to push now.

the upside of this is, i do like the fact that the covenants have there own sets to unlock and earn. and the whole back slot thing is cool too. as a monk player, none of them are likely going to match thematically ( and thats before we even look at the stupid covenant abilities ). so at least for alts, the replayability option is there to unlock all of the stuff on at least 4 toons. so this harkens back to legion and the class order halls. so theres good alt content already there despite the atrociousness of the covenant abilities.

soulbinds is another interesting concept thats also going to be very difficult to balance between the covenants. say kael’thas from the venthyr is by far your best soulbind, but you chose kyrians, well your screwed there again. unless its actually an illusion of choice ( which is likely going to be the case, lets be real ), and that theres just going to be the exact same soulbind trees across the 4 covenants and you just find the person in that covenant with the tree you want. thus resulting in, why even have this feature in the first place? this is just another balancing nightmare blizz are implementing.

torghast: could be incredible content. but i have 0 faith in blizz pulling it off. a mixture of mage tower+proving grounds+greater rift random spawns and locations? sounds amazing. but i have 0 faith in blizz pulling it off. other MMOs on the market have had this feature for years, and they do it exceedingly well. i have 0 faith blizz will pull it off. also, they havnt mentioned the reward structure for it, but i also know blizz will just slap 15 layers of RNG garbage ontop of it to make it a convoluted and terrible nightmare where you as a player have absolutely 0 control over your rewards.

crafted legendaries. dont know enough about the potential crafts or examples of them, so this could go either way.

the story… another 2+ years of sylvanas moustache twirling. le sigh. and if blizz try to redeem her, i quit that day its data-mined on wowhead. that is the day i unsub if blizz try that garbage. however, if broxigar or shaohao is featured in any of the covenants, im going to make a bee-line to see there content.

other than that? theres nothing else announced. it doesnt look like theres any real content in shadowlands yet.

blizz better not keep this azerite garbage around. azerite and azerite gear are absolutely terrible disgusting features. and speaking of which: when they get switched off at the start of shadowlands, it will be BFA 2.0 with player power just completely disappearing. some specs are just going to play like a janky mess without there traits keeping the specs playable. because the base class design is so abysmally disastrously atrociously bad ( we have holinka to thank for that. god that guy is terrible at everything he does ), the specs will go back to playing like absolute trash. and rehashing some old crap isnt going to cut it, because blizzard hasnt been innovative in years when it comes to the classes.

im not buying shadowlands at all until i see enough changes in the positive from the mess that is BFA. blizz have lost all of there good faith from me. they have to earn it back.

I don’t want to be closer to any of them. At all.

And by closer you mean swear fealty to them, which isnt the same thing.

Also glad to hear you hate Sylvanas. but her powers are BS, and ridiculously forced.

If Shadowlands is the same timing as BfA on Pathfinder then I’ll be taking a 10 month break ($150.00), plus by then there’ll be no reason to buy the “epic” version, and it will probably be on sale so there’s another $50 I won’t spend. So blizz loses ~$200 (to Square probably). I’ve NEVER taken any break from WoW, this is a loss (small though it may be) because if Pathfinder didn’t exist I would have my sub locked 24 months ahead. :hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Wtf is everyone’s deal with Pathfinder? It takes like 2 weeks to get lol. It’s probably at the very bottom of my list of complaints about the current state of the game. I seriously see people comment about it so much. I’m not trying to be a dick, I just GENUINELY don’t understand the big deal with it. There’s definitely other things to worry about.

I’d like to think that they wouldn’t shoot the golden goose, so to speak, and will really crack the whip on the launch.

I completely understand everyone’s frustration with the quality of BFA and the muffed launch of W3:R, but there’s a lot of personal and professional pride on the line, and in my experience, people will more often rise to the occasion.

I’m cautiously optimistic for Shadow Lands. Some of the stuff they said at Blizzcon and the interviews in the weeks after that sounded like the kinds of things I wanted to hear, and I’m willing to give them the benefit of doubt for their recent mistakes.