Those with wawa stider

Y’all need to stop insulting the poor insect.
It’s already getting its legs smashed by Blizzard’s Nerfbat. :sob:

P.S. Water Strider is cute and you know it.

6 Likes

It’s perfectly reasonable to generalize. You and the other three people who chose the bug for aesthetics are free to continue doing so.

I too love the “bugs”.
Though I’d have preferred the Dragonfly which was promised in WoD.

1 Like

Mounts that do special things should not exist. They should be cosmetic only. Don’t care how they do that, make them cosmetically worth the grind with special particle effects or something. Multi-person mounts are alright because you don’t have to use them all the time running around solo. I absolutely am sick to death of water bugs and sky golems, though.

Won’t miss my water bug at all, will probably never use it again.

Doesn’t bother me, I got my strider from sitting and spamming rep tokens bought with timewalking coins that had been piling up for years, so it was basically free. Getting more TW coins won’t be hard either because I have a tank alt.

All this means for me is that my mage fire disc and nelf cat can walk on water too ¯\(ツ)

I am going to put the water shoes on my strider and then proceed to use it like I have for the past year and half. I will also continue to use all my other mounts as I always have. I have zero intention of buying any of the equipment.

3 Likes

Whch baffles me as to why it didnt get the mount equipment treatment. And thus affecting the sky golem.

But as ive been saying, this is less about adding options and convenience to the player and more about taking things away.

6 Likes

This is the big deal killer for me. Now if you take any damage, fall damage etc you lose it. Stupid change plus the fact that some mounts now on the PTR cannot be mounted once in the water and have water walking. Dunno if that’s just a bug but it’s a biggie for many folks or will be.

Don’t really care one way or the other. Was fine the way it was, am fine with the way it will be.

I’m glad that I won’t have to ride it ever again. Totally fine with the change. It’s not even hard to get anymore.

I trade in my water bug so my Dreadwake can walk on water. I’m good with that.

Having a boat that only floats on water if you put boots on it totally makes sense.

5 Likes

:rofl: Thanks for the laugh.

I personally would like to be able to opt out of the equipment system altogether. I keep my strider as it is, but I can’t put equipment on any of my other mounts. I would be very happy with leaving things as they are, but if they just made it optional, people who want the equipment can have it, and I could have my strider.

2 Likes

They could have made the new boat float on water, lol. They could have made new mounts as well.

5 Likes

Actually, the equipment is per character. I plan to do the shoes, too, but it will affect all of my mounts whether I want it to or not. And of course I’ll have to buy it for all my characters so they can water walk, too.

1 Like

I made choppers for 10 toons and then bought 3 sandstone drakes. All that was a fortune at the time. When they made them account-wide, I wasn’t pissed off. I still had the mount. I also have seahorse and ray, so don’t really need strider. I also play shaman and DK that have water walking.

Yay! I’m one of the three who love the bug’s looks. It’s like an exclusive club. I feel so special now!

4 Likes

was scanning through the comments to make certain I wouldn’t be commenting a redundant comment. I agree with you 100% Calistrain, but like i said somewhere else, ppl are lazy and do not check to see if their idea topic is already posted, or starved for their point to be heard even though it echoes the same thing the other 10+ threads on the same subject state.

I want Tyraels Hilt. I mean come on I never had a chance either.

1 Like

I’d love an option to make all mounts fly. My Magic Rooster would leave the ground behind!

2 Likes