Those with wawa stider

how do you feel about the mount equipment?

I dislike how they counter items that alot of long time players have had because alot of people currently dont have it.

Having the strider means you have put work in the game and you deserve that bonus.

they should just update how we get it in panda land with some 2019 dailys or something… i would of enjoyed that better then this.

just some early morning thoughts… happy wensday

7 Likes

I think you’re a selfish jack, and that I couldn’t be happier to be able to use any mount that I have rather than using water strider 99% of the time in relevant content.

I think that other people having access to waterstriding has almost zero effect on my enjoyment of the game, and that I couldn’t tell you the name of a single person who has or doesn’t have a water strider because there is no way you can possibly care about that.

I think that I didn’t work hard to get the water strider, but instead spent thousands of badges from timewalking that I already had and got it functionally for free.

I think that you should learn to garner a sense of achievement from things that actually matter.

I think that because I was replying to this thread I didn’t realise that I clicked on the wrong flight point and have to fly back half a continent again :frowning:

5 Likes

I love mount equipment. Glad I can finally stop riding that ugly water strider.

My only complaint about mount equipment so far is that on the PTR, taking fall damage currently ends your mount’s water walking ability, unlike the water strider.

7 Likes

I think it should remain the same.

But…side note. Imagine if all gnomes talked like this. It’d be so funny.

2 Likes

I’m really more focused on the other side of the equation. What does the new system give us as far as options? Because I’m kind of uncertain if there’s anything there I’ll be willing to swap around.

I understand the trepidation about change and what it means for the single mount. But I’m way more concerned about a new system that doesn’t seem to have a huge amount of promise.

18 Likes

I think that this could’ve been posted in one of the 30 other Water Strider thoughts/discussion/rants threads :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

It’s a slap in the face. i spent hours earning both striders during live content only to have it taken away and given back in a controllable instance. They will use this system to control water-walking for new xpacs disallowing those of us whom earned it the ability to STRIDE along the water with this unique mount. Now we get a craftable items that removes itself on fall damage and damage of any kind is taken,. Forcing you to carry more of them to water walk I can careless if my azure dragon can now suddenly walk on water…

10 Likes

While they have historically seemed skeptical of the Water Strider’s ubiquity, implementing an entire system that doesn’t seem to have a lot of depth feels… off. It’s like a solution looking for a problem.

It would have made more sense to me to simply give a profession a water walking buff item and call it a day.

4 Likes

Its a band-aid to something that was never a problem we have classes and professions that bring water walking.

8 Likes

Don’t you still need the rep to purchase the item for water walking? This whole conversation makes no sense to me. The effort you have to put in is the same I thought.

It’s a good change. That Waterstrider is one of the ugliest mounts in the game. It was pretty dumb to force people to use it.

1 Like

Dunno yet since I haven’t had a chance to play with it on live. /shrug

:cookie:

if you get hit on the water strider you have always had to remount. thats always happens even with pots.

Yeah, but the water strider can take fall damage and not lose its water walking. The mount equipment mounts cant.

1 Like

Agree 100%. I will never use that ugly thing again.

1 Like

Man, your post reminded me of the convenience stores around Philadelphia/New Jersey I used to frequent as a yout (courtesy of cousin vinny)

And I don’t have the strider. I’m quite ridiculously vain (ha, hence the human paladin, right?) and never attempted to procure one.

What would have satisfied players is if they did this, but the water strider still had innate water walking and people could use the “daze” mount item or something if they felt like it.

Instead, they made it an “either or” dilemma.

Enough people, who did not care to bother with the other stuff, would still have just used “water walking” so they could use any mount and water walk.

2 Likes

I can see this–something where you get an additional buff to whatever is special about a certain mount. However, I don’t see there being sufficient types of buffs to make such a system worthwhile. Maybe I’m just lacking in imagination for this particular system.

1 Like

I dislike how they counter items that alot of long time players have had because alot of people currently dont have it.

The issue that is being addressed is not the fact that some people do and others don’t, it is the sheer dominance of that single mount over all others.

Having the strider means you have put work in the game and you deserve that bonus.

No, it means that you did some work 4 expansions ago, and you are having significant mechanical advantages, including inside dungeons, to this day. That bonus is just way too extreme.

they should just update how we get it in panda land with some 2019 dailys or something… i would of enjoyed that better then this.

they already did, you get it through timewalking.

I can finally ride my Dreadsteed on water again

The Water Strider is a suitable sacrifice to regain warlock stylepoints.