Those with wawa stider

After the short anger of feeling as if I wasted my time for finally getting both striders, I don’t mind getting water walking on any mount. I would have eventually wasted my time getting the strider after the mount change if I didn’t already have it just because I’m a mount collector with no life. At least now I don’t have to ride a bug on water anymore.

This is how I feel as well. The water strider has had a target on its back for a long time now.

It’s sad because I think the system could have been a lot more useful and creative. It’s just another good idea that is poorly implemented. Like the portal rooms.

4 Likes

I don’t see much of an option. I currently use my water strider with barding. I can walk on water and not get dazed. With the new equipment, it is one or the other.

So much for choice.

4 Likes

If Water Walking is so OP that everyone (per Blizzard) is using the Water Strider over all other mounts the majority of the time, then this just means a ton of other mounts will now be water walking all of the time instead.

Particularly if the crafted items have ludicrous player gated pricing and the vendor item remains low cost.

Can anyone confirm if the current methods of anti-daze and water walking will be removed in 8.2 because of the mount equipment? Like if I buy anti-daze for my mounts, can I still use a water walking potion on top of it?

I think it’s fine to go back to old content to work for Mounts, pets, Transmogs and Toys. I am always happy to do this.

However things that offer immediate benefit to a player should always be current content.

I worked hard during Pandaria to earn Angler’s rep and the Mount, yet I’m not at all bothered by the changes. Ease of Play bonuses should be available to all.

And I think you should probably learn how to offering a differing opinion without coming across as a complete tool. After all the first words in your response is nothing but a baseless insult upon the OP because he has a different opinion than yourself.

Now back to the topic at hand, I dislike the change but I understand why they are doing it. I do feel it will devalue the reason people got the strider in the first place and I honestly don’t give a crap if I can water walk on my other ground mounts. We will probably have flight unlocked shortly after this goes live and at that point water walking doesn’t really matter anyways.

It is just annoying that something that has been in place for years is suddenly being removed, only to be returned as a “new feature” in 8.2.

After playing on the PTR, it’s nice to not have to keep the water strider on the hotbar and select it when I need. Plus, mounts that float or otherwise should float (looking at you Dreadwake) can now hover over water.

Ya, I don’t see keeping the striders ability would effect this new system in any way. Just like a Dk or shammy, people with the strider get to pick something different for there mount equipment. I don’t see any new advantage that is not already in game.

All my toons use the strider. Just like my mounts with vendors. They are a regular part of my daily wow.

No more strider then no more vendor/AH/xmog mounts. Make it all part of the mount equipment.

1 Like

I grinded out the red water strider flying circles around hellfire citadel hopping fish pools for hours and hours.

Not really salty about the new change, kinda glad I don’t have to use the waterstrider anymore to be honest. It was a bit of an inconvenience having to put an extra mount on my action bar and eventually another keybinding on that mount. So now I have my default mount hotkey (ground mount) my flying mount hotkey if my current favourite default mount cant fly, my strider hotkey, and my repair/transmog mount hotkey.

Having only so many hotkeys available that I can use effectively in a fraction of a second is really hard and I understand the struggle is real for the devs to give us cool new abilities and a sense of progression as we level without ending up with 100+ hotkeys at lvl 120 and the devs spending waaaaaaay too much time trying to balance out 1200 unique active and passive abilities over 12 classes and 36 specs. It’s a herculean effort to keep the players happy and to keep progression smooth and to keep alllllll those abilities somewhat balanced (which they still frequently fail to do, or they over-correct and nerf a spec out of existence for months at a time until they over-correct the initial over-correction once again in the next patch…

Ground out the water mount, used it A LOT, and now I am happy I can waterwalk with other mounts. No one is taking anything away from me. I am getting more choices. Maybe the strider isn’t “special” anymore, but I don’t need to be special in Wow. I just want to have fun again.

The one reason I’m excepting of this is becuase I have this insane fantasy that I think this is all a precursor to them eventually releasing mount equipment that will grant flight! Imagine soaring through the skies on Rivendare’s Deathcharger or Midnight. Or on the long boi!

One can dream right lol.

It seems to me that the only reason people are expressing any trepidation is specifically becuase they are unnecessarily messing with the Water Strider. I don’t think anyone has any actual issue with the new equipment idea.

Also, if you take water walking away from a mount named Water Strider, do you rename it lol?

Oh, this thread should give us insight that the other 236 have not!! Great idea!

So us old sweats has something that the newer players don’t?
Boo-hoo.
This should be a motivation to get out there and play the game, not cry about it.
I’m back after a brief time awayt ta refresh meself, and do you see me complain? No, friends; it’s a CHALLENGE!
RISE UP AND GO FOR IT!
Level 113 and rising once more!
Skol!

I doesn’t have a lot of options because the sole reason it was made was to nerf the water strider, was well as further gate people’s movement options in the next expacs

Yes, and cheap gas with long lines! :smiley:

1 Like

i wouldn’t have expected anything less. this has become a game for the casuals with entitlement issues.

Ambivalent. neither the water strider or the equipment really benefits this character. 3 weeks after 8.2 drops, both will not be relevant until 9.0.

I cant stand using that ugly bug every day just because of the waterwalking
Blizzard created an entire new system because it looks like they feel the same.

What I’m worried about is that this is going to become Blizzards biggest gold sink. I am worried there will be mount equipment for everything.

Want to Fly in MoP, use the MoP Flight token.
Want to Fly in Classic, use the Classic Flight token.
Want to walk on water, use the water walking token.
Want to not be dazed, use the anti daze token.
And so on and so on, for everything they can think of for mounts.

And it will cost us thousands of gold. It just might be the cynic in me but I just don’t trust Blizzard any more. I’m Not saying this is going to happen, but i see the potential for it to happen. And that is what worries me.

I hope I’m 1000% wrong and I probably am. But when i seen this system this is what I seen happening in the near future.

2 Likes