Those with wawa stider

I’m pretty sure you have to grind anglers rep with badges. You still have to gain the same rep to buy the water walking mount equipment

1 Like

Life philosophy: Don’t fix what ain’t broke!

5 Likes

Looking forward to it so that, at long last, I can use other mounts to water walk instead of always having to use the strider.

Finally, The Dreadwake shall sail the seas! :smiley:

I think they could make enough buffs, personally. Whether they’d all be desirable is a matter of balancing them. That could end up trickier than they’d like.

That’s just it. When you get down to it, people seem to be mostly concerned with flight, water walking, and daze. Everything else seems to be a bit less important–particularly with a cost in switching mount abilities. Though I can see some very dedicated herbalists interested. From a miner’s viewpoint? I wouldn’t bother.

1 Like

Can blizzard give me the Bug Mount from AQ40 being opened i didn’t get a chance to earn. I MEAN COME ON GUYS ITS NOT LIKE I PUT THE WORK IN “AND I WANT IT”… Thats what some of the people crying sound like you want to walk on water be a Shaman a Alc a DK . But Heaven forbid some of you have to work for crap that others had to do.

In defense of that guy’s ideas, he was suggesting a system where each mount could have it’s own equipment separate from other mounts.

I might not need “traverse steeper terrain” very often, or care too much about looting while mounted, or even running on lava. I suppose if I had mounts that could do those things, though, I might use them in the rare situations it came up.

Ha, I was going to say the same thing. There are a few down in Florida too.

1 Like

Per current PTR news the only thing available is the water boots and they are very cheap. According to the preview the other options are no daze/dismount and parachute. A parachute is not a glider!

Sky Golem will still be the only mount with herb gathering as Blizzard has stated it will keep it’s ability and not be able to use equipment.

Unless the vendor price for water boots goes up substantially when 8.2 goes live they will be the go to option since the other 2 options are set to be crafted and thus subject to the whims of players posting them on the AH (and also subject to AH barons jacking the prices up.)

I like the idea of mount equipment but I also love both my water striders just the way they are. I think they should leave the water striders alone and just not let them use mount equipment. That way people that love them and spent ages grinding rep for them don’t feel like they are being slapped in the face and people who don’t like the look of the striders can have water walking on a different mount.

5 Likes

I am fine with the change. 3 expansions now it has been the go to aka mandatory mount for getting around quicker.

I am glad I’ll be able to use another mount instead of being tied to the wawa strider.

How did you get that read? Lol.

@OP, I think it’s dumb for the strider to lose it’s core functionality for this system. Should be exempt.

5 Likes

I didn’t earn waterwalking, ergo I didn’t water walk.

Soon I will be able to waterwalk, but I’m more excited for floaty mounts and not having to always carry engineers glider.

Strider should keep waterwalking. But not be affected by other equipment slots.

It’s only fair.

8 Likes

I didn’t understand why it was changed, and was nervous about my water strider pet losing its ability of surface trot, so I immediately logged on, and checked if that ability was still on it, and it was. I suspect that too many players complained, and Blizzard changed it for that vocal minority.

I think it is like using a sledgehammer to swat a fly.

I had no problem swapping around mounts situationally. It just isn’t that hard to do.

I have no interest in a more elaborate system for micro-managing mount buffs. As it stands, I’ll take my freebie waterwalking item, apply it to my mounts, and not bother with the system again.

3 Likes

Not an issue for this guy because shaman reasons. But when new content hits and I’m taking my Alliance paladin through it on the ground, I’ll be glad to just use the mount I like instead of the Water Strider. Other people getting Water Walking who didn’t do the Angler rep doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

It’s not a thing yet.

Will the WaWa strider distribute delicious breakfast burritos and subs?

1 Like

My prediction is most every will run the antidaze equipment (unless your already have a way to prevent it, soul leech, tank, etc) as it effect is useful in far more places.

I don’t see people swapping it out on the fly.

Blizzard wanted water walking gone and this is their way of doing that under a guise of adding something new.

Ask yourself, if the strider had been treated like the golem is (keeping its effect and not benefiting from the equipment) what is actually being added? Parachute and antidaze, both of which already exist in easy to obtain consumables (gliders and barding)

They could’ve easily added a piece of equipment that mimics the sky golem effect and removed that, but they didn’t. This should speak volumes about the underlying motive of the change.

There are better ways to make a system around mount perks/buffs that add convenience for the player.

I don’t see them expanding on this system in any meaningful way

8 Likes

Will the hunter pet ability go away as well?