Those who just want the Lore to be respected

Just flag and ignore them. Kiper has never known what they’re talking about and only posts on their alt to troll other users. Eventually they’ll get their just deserts.

Well, the human part would certainly explain why they sort of devolve over time. :stuck_out_tongue:

OP is right. The anti lore mob is probably just a ton of transient gamers that could care less about the integrity of the game.

and that’s a factoid!!! :100:

3 Likes

This is correct. Players have been asking for this for ages but that still doesn’t mean we have a say in it. We can toss opinions and ideas around all day long but it’s ultimately up to Blizzard.

It’s been working for 19 years that way here.

The integrity of the game because of the lore has been a dead position since TBC with the expansion of retcons.

I didn’t really have a strong opinion on the original topic, but whoever flagged the OP is a scumbag and absolutely proves his point.

9 Likes

Eh, the post will be unflagged after a Mod gets to it. Just like all my other topics.

Maybe the Mods will ban those abusing the report system by reporting me on their alts. I know who they are. One of them is Kiper and their other alts.

1 Like

Should just bring back the downvote button, flagging is stupid.

3 Likes

Eh. It wouldn’t be so bad if players couldn’t just jump on alts (as the forum sees them as different users outside the same Btag) and mass report a user.

My topic will be unflagged, just like my other ones, once a Mod reviews it and sees that it’s only flagged due to report abuse by a select few users and their alts.

1 Like

will do as long as you dont forget that the rendorei went ahead and messed with the void after they were told no by the sindorei. so you went against your own kind on your own accord. you are the real traitors here. you have lost your belf and pally privileges and you were warned and now you’re mad. now suffer being while the real high elfs who dna did not change into a balding tentacle joke are over at the horde, living the high life.

glory to the sindorei. we are one, we are legion.

4 Likes

I read that in a maniacal laughter, evil villain type of way lol. This High Elf stuff is serious business haha.

1 Like

omg yes a lightforged doom guard that would make me want to play them. Lightforged just really need way more customizations there was so much potential .

Guys, this is the same person who claimed Legion was “respectful” to the lore, specifically Illidan’s story.

You know. The expansion that literally retconned us killing Illidan and revived him out of no where to fit the story to explain playable demon hunters.

He then went on to say that Illidan’s story was built up over years (No, it wasn’t. It was literally out of the blue and made up just for legion).

Legion also retconned the Titans as being alive, as well as Argus being a Titan, when the books established that the Titans had only ever found one other Titan World Soul - Azeroth. (Other than the one Sargeras killed)

There was so much retconning happening in Legion, but you claim it was such a good, respectful lore expansion.

It’s hilarious that you think other races wouldn’t delve into shadow magic after being exposed to it for years.

Honestly, I don’t even think they needed to explain as much as they did. I’m glad they did, but the fact the races fought side-by-side with these classes for years is enough of an explanation to explain that “Hey, this one specific draenei/lightforged/etc. got their interest piqued so they studied it, and that’s the one you’re playing” is enough, and that’s all they really needed to tell us.

4 Likes

Bro, no one tell OP of Undead Holy Priests in Vanilla…or Undead Paladins in Cata.

2 Likes

Blizzard explained this one a LONG time ago.

AND this one.

What people are trying to tell you now is the Blizzard isn’t even TRYING to explain this stuff away. They are just going “LOL LORE” and basically just doing whatever they please now.

That’s not a retcon. He was dead. He got revived.

A retcon in this sense would be that he got “killed” then later on they said he didn’t.

Except he did, he was dead, we knew he was dead, and they came up with an explanation on how he was brought back. Gul’dan revived his corpse which was encased in crystal.

You need to stop using the word “retcon” if you don’t know what it means.

2 Likes

Someone didn’t do the Demon Hunter quests if you think that’s the story they went with.

1 Like

I suspect the problem is more that npc’s with those class/race combinations also need a backstory of some sort, in cases like these. it doesn’t need to be complex, or grand, but it does need to (try) to maintain kayfabe, so to speak.

I can’t generate headcanon for npc’s, unfortunately, where the work lies solely on blizzards shoulders.

1 Like

Yea the explanation was because it would be dumb to limit the class to only Shadow priest even those Undead could not use Holy Light without severely damaging themselves (akin to DnD). It was player agency over lore.

You mean where they literally retconned and rewrote how the Light works in Cata?

Going “well, Blizzard explained this” without delving into the explanation of HOW kind of hides some details. By that logic, wouldnt the explanation given in the PTR from the draenai warlock serve as that explanation?

1 Like

I mean, I’m not going to object to whatever blurbs Blizzard wants to put in to satisfy the people who gnash their teeth and thrash around on the ground if the game’s story doesn’t 100% match what they have in their head, but as a roleplayer, in a MMORPG, I don’t have any problems coming up with a backstory that makes sense for my character and aligns with how I see the game’s story.

I generally view the inability for people to make the things that they’d like to do work for them within the story or who use the story as some kind of weapon against other people doing things that they don’t like instead of just letting people enjoy things as a sign of a critical lack of imagination.

Legion was.

I get it, you’re angry. It’s okay. You’ve been proven wrong time and again, and you’re aggravated that you abusing the report system on your alts hasn’t gotten me banned for daring to be correct. Something that you cannot fathom.

2 Likes