Those who just want the Lore to be respected

Sure, if all events in 7.3 were non-canon. I would agree the rest of Legion’s storytelling was good minus the Illidan fanfic by Xera.

You claim to be Sin’dorei yet then say you’re Quel’dorei.

Sorry, but the Quel’dorei didn’t abandon the Alliance. They went to Kalimdor and saved all of Azeroth while you Sin’dorei were busy feeling sorry for yourselves.

Now the Ren’dorei are helping the faction that hasn’t lost since Warcraft 1, while you’re in the faction full of the races that tried to genocide you numerous times.

1 Like

“Well you still are with the Horde that tried to genocide you numerous times” - former blood elf that was Horde until Quelthalas banned void magic.

Anyways, Alliance rule.

At least Legion worked to explain those things to us, even if they were retcons.

Lightforged Warlocks, Night Elves and the others aren’t explained- they’re just dumped on our doorstep.

That’s the big issue here, imo.

Show us Lightforged Cultists experimenting with demons and stuff, and a Night Elven coven or something…

7 Likes

The Burning Legion has stopped existing for two expansions is the lore explanation.

Ah, so more the same vein of “Sylvanas and the Jailor are getting stronger and playing 4-D chess are are behind everything” levels of bad, gotcha.

If it happens offscreen, it doesn’t happen at all.

2 Likes

…no thats literally Legion lore. The Burning Legion is literally not a thing anymore.

Still doesn’t explain the rise of new warlock races.

Who’s teaching them? Why have their cultures changed so much that this is common knowledge for player characters, now?

1 Like

And the Panda one is the worst of all.

They put the Panda Warlock initiate in a gas mask and you can’t hear him. He literally explains nothing. It’s bonkers.

3 Likes

Same reason why a Human couldnt pick up a gun or bow until Cata. Where is the deep lore that shows Humans learning archery?

2 Likes

They explain this at least. The why of why each race is doing it is extremely wishy-washy.

There is a questline (incomplete I think) in the 10.1.5 PTR right now.

1 Like

Bruh, the paladin all-race is gonna be a spectacle.

Human (& Undead) Hunters already existed since Vanilla my friend.

Nathanos? Undead (Human) Hunter in-game since the start.

You clearly weren’t around since then. I’m done talking with you, lol.

You just don’t know what you’re talking about.

Humans were trained to be archers by the elves.

4 Likes

I am constantly amused by this idea that allowing non-representative individuals of races be a class not usually associated with their race is somehow lore breaking. Is there anything suggesting that LFD are welcoming warlocks? It’s not like the races as they are are changing, just that we can play characters that are much farther out from their peers than we did before.

2 Likes

So why couldnt Humans be a Hunter until Cata? Whats the deep lore reason?

1 Like

They’ve existed previously in-game. That’s all that’s needed.

I appreciate your attempts, but this isn’t the same thing.

At least Human and Undead hunters make sense as well- we have seen humans using guns (Warriors, Rogues, etc.) so again, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

1 Like

But you havent explained why they couldnt be hunters previous to Cata.

1 Like

Not gonna bother talking to the wall, lmao.

You’re just being obtuse on purpose.

1 Like

Glad you confirmed you had no argument. There is no lore reason why they couldnt be hunter pre-Cataclysm. You explained why they should have been.

So you have defended my point which is: Blizzard race/class combos have never really been lore dependent. You have already proven that.

1 Like

I wish I could get dopamine hits for setting up fake arguments and then fake winning by trolling the WoW forums, but I’ve got better things to do.

Hidden profile 4k + posts, hmm. You do you…

1 Like