Thori'dal, legendary bow for Warriors (TBC)

Only Whirlwind matters for off-hand damage. Everything else for Fury isn’t based on weapon damage, and higher DPS means more rage, more damage, and so on.

The haste proc world make it a huge upgrade for Fury, and it’s the second best off-hand even when ignoring that fact, AND it’s a sword (humans still get 5 expertise with swords).

The next best weapon would probably be the dagger off Kil’jaeden and then Mounting Vengeance (a fist weapon).

Something people have come to miss now that it’s gone. It’s one of those RPG elements that is sorely missing from WoW now days.

I know you edited your post saying it’s the opposite, but just to explain…

Steady Shot uses base weapon damage + 20% of Ranged Attack Power to calculate its damage. That means ammo does not affect Steady Shot’s DPS. Having the DPS of ammo built into the bow was a MASSIVE increase in Steady Shot damage.

1 Like

Then they should add hunters to be able to use it. even if it is a meme lol.

Hunters can already use Thori’dal. If you meant the Warglaives, it’s obviously a bit too late for that.

OH rage generalization is normalized/changed in TBC, and rage in general isn’t as much of an issue, which makes a slow OH slightly superior because it uses Fury stacks more slowly and has slightly higher whirlwind damage, though it does result in streakier, less consistent rage generation so it’s still generally better to switch to fast weapons for execute.

Daggers are normalized at 1.7 in TBC which makes them absolutely awful for a fury warrior.

Nein!! Meine Dolche! :sob:

Fury doesn’t have any normalized abilities except Whirlwind, and that’s a small portion of your damage compared to Heroic Strike, Bloodthirst, and auto attacks, which all are NOT normalized.

Replying to the wrong thing as I can’t find the other post you said.

Are you sure arrows don’t increase steady shot? I know the tool tip say base weapon damage, but wouldn’t that be your base weapon damage off you stay screen with everything baked into it?

Or is it purely off what the weapon damage of the bow is?

Seems odd arrows wouldn’t add to the range of stead shot.

Don’t other melee abilities say weapon damage, like sinister strike? But it adds all the bonuses you have from your character, like a person using a krol blade naked his SS should be less than a guy using a krol blade with full t3.

I would think it’s the same for Steady shot?

That would mean 2 different hunters with Thoridal do the same steady shot damage if 1 of the hunters was naked and 1 had full t6.

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Tooltip clarified to indicate base weapon damage is used in the damage calculation.

It’s worded differently than every other ability that uses weapon damage in the game.

For further evidence, look no further than:
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade/World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Now uses ammo. In result, its bonus damage has been slightly reduced. Players can notice a damage increase based upon what ammo they use. Now has a 2.0 cast time, up from 1.5. No longer clips Auto Shot making weapon speed less relevant. Steady Shot is available beginning at level 50 instead of 62.

Not quite, because it also adds 20% of ranged attack power.
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Patch 2.2.0 (25-Sep-2007): The tooltip stating the percentage of Attack Power gained by Steady Shot was inaccurate and has been corrected. The damage remains unchanged.

1000% steady shot isnt based off ammo damage. That was figured out definitively over 10 years ago

1 Like

Yea I guess it’s true.

Just so odd that it’s worded like that, kind of like sinister strike.

Kind of crazy that 2 hunters using the exact same bow with 1 being naked and one in full t6 would do the same steady shot damage ROFL.

They wouldn’t.

Steady Shot benefits from 20% of ranged attack power, too. It’s only base weapon damage. And full T6 also increases Steady Shot damage by 10%.

T5 improves SS as well. Thats why your rotation tends to change to 3:2 from 1:1 once you hit the T5 bonuses, if not sooner.

He has you on ignore. You realize that, right?

He still responds so clearly he doesn’t. But thanks for playing. And imagine caring enough to keep track of who someone else has on ignore on the wow forums. You should probably go outside

I guess that truly shows how overtuned Steady Shot actually was.

I don’t have you on ignore unless you mean the dwarf?

I assume he means Ironchains because he was going on about it like 2 weeks ago in another thread. But he also quoted a post like 5 minutes ago so… :roll_eyes: :man_shrugging:

Ironchain posted the patch notes specifically mentioning there was a tooltip clarification to indicate base weapon damage is used in the weapon calculation.

I meant ammo damage, not weapon damage. Mistyped. You can go back to the EJ archives from when Thoridal was announced and see people theorycrafting how big a dps increase it actually was after the initial wave of people crying because “its only a 10 dps increase.”

It looks amazing to me lol.

I might go hunter just to get one and use mage for just pvp.