Thnx for new Chosen Identity racial

So you’re not understanding me at all and ignoring what I’m saying. Okay then.

Well yeh, I would prefer a racial flying form like Running Wild for Worgen, but barring that I will at least take not being forced into Visage every time I mount. Not perfect, but better, at least.

2 Likes

No. You’re ignoring what I’m saying.

When they say “this functionality”, they don’t mean “be a human in combat” or they’d just say that. They mean the portion of the ability that activates it when combat is exited. It’s not hard to grasp.

6 Likes

I think this is just a misunderstanding on the OP’s part of how Chosen Identity works.

Just means you’ll automatically enter Visage form outside of combat/Soaring until you press the button again.

3 Likes

I’m not ignoring what you’re saying. You’re ignoring the OTHER HALF of that description.

They did say that.

Chosen Identity will stay toggled on until manually deactivated.

Confirmed by OP when I asked:

But I’ve now quoted this four times and this conversation is going nowhere. So until someone confirms what the OP claims about how this works, I’m not having this conversation any longer.

So the OP is going through and liking all posts arguing with me after telling me something that’s not true?

Yep, I’m done.

Me? I didn’t misunderstand anything. It’s functionality is pretty clear.

this is awesome… i love the visage form and i also love dragon form… so this is the perfect balance for meeeee.

2 Likes

If the idea is to let players have the convenience of proper control over the visual aspects of their characters, then yes, absolutely. Any visual effect that cannot be controlled should be. If there were any other races with this problem, I’d list them too.

1 Like

I think this is where the confusion comes from.

Because this makes it sound like you’ll be able to be in Visage form in combat, except when you use certain abilities.

1 Like

I’m baffled how you’re not getting how this works, it’s pretty straightforward.

This new racial lets Dracthyr stay in visage form all of the time, even in combat, except when you use certain Evoker spells (such as Dragon breath or Soar), your dragon form kicks in, but at the very moment you leave said combat or Soar ends, YOU AUTOMATICALLY GO BACK TO VISAGE FORM, unless you deactivate this new racial.

How is that hard to understand??

This is correct.

2 Likes

Wanted to use the visage in combat more, but i can live with just shifting when combat ends.

1 Like

No part of that description says you’ll be able to stay in Visage form in combat.

1 Like

THAT’S WHAT I SAID! And people are arguing with me that it’s NOT the functionality. And you’re liking their posts.

No description is needed because that is currently how it works, right now in this moment. Check alpha videos and see it yourself. You can cast fire balls in visage form.

Yeees I would love this.

My worgen is so pretty between her two forms I would love to be able to just be in her human form by default and worgen form in combat.

Oh?

Now I’m confused!

What is even real???

1 Like

Ahhh, okay now I’m seeing where the confusion is coming from.

Dracthyr casting spells in visage form is NOT new, it’s not something obtained by this new racial. This new racial simply lets you go back to Visage form automatically once combat/soar is done

(Or stay as a dragon when mounting)

1 Like

I mean it doesn’t quite do that, as per their own description. You can stay in visage in combat until you cast something that requires that form. Then you’re in it until combat is over. And there are only a couple of things that don’t auto shift you, like living flame and the other healing thing.

1 Like

God I’m so confused. :sob:

I’m just so done with this thread. lol