This transfer is not currently available for your characters faction

No. That’s how you lose more players period. They really should fix it.

2 Likes

Someone pointed out that the code in the latest update contained text eluding to this… but for them to STRONGLY urge people to use the free transfers without telling them that they are limited is soooo messed up.

transfers are worse than merges, oops

Had you been paying attention you would know that I am actually on a balanced realm, so this does not affect me personally in the slightest.

1 Like

Not everyone leaves because of pvp. On a imbalanced sever, there is few people to group with for any content. The smart choice would be to play where there are more people to play with.

3 Likes
  1. I can’t believe they actually made faction transfers available to one faction only. The beginning of phase 2 is basically the last chance for this to work well.

2. They should have announced that transfers would stop for a couple days. Then restarted them as faction-restricted.

So YAY they’re trying to do something about faction balance! And Boooo they should have spent more than five seconds thinking about how to implement this.

I wonder if they’ll implement faction-specific population caps (and thus faction-specific queues)

2 Likes

Yea, but faction imbalance combined with PvP is what causes the minority faction to transfer at a higher rate, thus making faction balance a positive feedback loop.

Let people transfer back to their source servers, so many guilds, friends split, absolute trash that you didn’t faction lock from the start

2 Likes

That’s a slap

2 Likes

This is kind of what I’m thinking too. Its nice they are noting the issue but it honestly feels like there is maybe two people trying to run this and neither of them are paying attention at all. Like they honestly just do whatever without thinking in any way. Its like someone just told them today that faction balance is an issue and they came up with an idea on the spot and ran it without thinking at all.

4 Likes

The sound of one hand clapping…

Haha! This made my day.

1 Like

There’s a reason that every free transfer announcement includes “If you’re going to transfer, do it as fast as possible, because we might change the rules at any time.”

3 Likes

you’ll all be able to transfer BACK, but not too :wink:

What do they gain from not announcing that they are restricting faction transfers other than screwing their customers?

1 Like

I am genuinely amazed that there are no threads about this in the CS forum.

1 Like

Lmfao, ggwp Blizzard.

They implement a truly worthwhile function that will benefit both servers.

But do so without a word about it to inform customers before they execute the transfer.

I’m literally dead. How was this not edited in their OP?

3 Likes

Yeah. LOL

I seriously hope this severely hits Classic’s active population hard. They need a kick in their complacency.

You have any idea how long it would take them to make a new post or edit the old one? It could take them seconds, maybe even a minute. It would cost a lot of money to have someone do that

3 Likes

Has this been confirmed or is OP trolling everyone?