This PrePatch event does not respect player time

Most of it yes. Some of it, the quest rewards I belive are soulbound but you can definitely stack up gear for your Remix characters. You cannot expect to give everyone everything but they will be given basic gear so a piece or two to add to that could be nice.

But you shouldn’t have to do that for a prepatch event.

Prepatch events are supposed to be about winding down to gear up for the new expansion.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

Agreed. I’d even take it a step further and say Blizzard will never respect our time, ever. They only respect the money in our wallets. If enough people stop giving them money, only then will they change anything.

2 Likes

They should have started the event timer at a faster interval, but in 2 weeks and for the last 2 weeks of the pre-patch the event timer will be every 30 minutes.

1 Like

the elemental invasions were perfect, why didn’t blizz just copy paste that and change the graphics around?

four zones at all times to keep the lag down. plenty of mobs to tag. everyone working together. drops were great. boss was perfect in difficulty. by the end, i had every item I wanted to get.

this pre-patch event is five steps backwards.

3 Likes

Please tell me I’m missing the sarcasm? Being able to kill a boss 4 times on a row, at a time convenient to me, is respectful of my time. Having to do that only and exactly at 6:05pm, 7:35pm, 9:05pm, and 10:30pm is very destructive to being able to enjoy other in-game and out-of-game activities. It’d be much nicer for example to be about to go out that night, and then wind down with 30 minutes of boss killing when I come home. But Even if I wanted to be in WoW for all that time, it means that for example if I wanted to do a one hour raid with my guild, but it might go over by 15 minutes, and be safe for travel time, then the only valid start times for that would in a precise 10 minute window between 6:10 and 6:20, etc.

I’ll let others go over the math with you about the “easily enough” part but see:

2 Likes

There is no excuse for you to randomly expect blizard to change how they operate. Everything they do is time gated and slowly opened up later on and would you look at that they announced how they are changing how the event rolls out. These forums are always so hilarious to go on and see people whining for the sake of whining

Good time to uninstall and practice what you preach :smiley:

I haven’t given them any of my money since 2018. Makes it hard to quit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In related news, I was wrong and they’re fixing the prepatch. I’m surprised and pleased. Thanks Blizzard!

1 Like

You seem to be posting from a level 70 dragonflight character

Yep, still running off gold I made in BfA. Think my game time runs out in 2027 :upside_down_face:

1 Like

So you’re buying wow tokens from the AH?

Not recently, I loaded up on game time and blizzard balance years ago. In any case, I would like to point out I said I wasn’t giving them “my money,” never said I wasn’t giving them any money. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That’s not what you said here though

Also, pre-paying blizzard for future time investment is still supporting them. If you’ve bought that much of game time, you’ve theoretically supported them more than any of us have because I’m not paid up until August 2027. I pay as I go.

Idk if this is trolling or not, but you really can’t make the “don’t support blizzard” argument when you’ve supported them far more than most people have

Yes, if you read closely you’ll see that I said taking money away was all Blizzard listened to. I didn’t advocate for people to do that, I simply stated that was the only way to get their attention. I personally didn’t like the prepatch event at all the way it was initially, but it didn’t upset me enough to quit.

You can stop trying to “win” the argument now, as I already said I was wrong. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

No I understood all your posts and you are a valued member of the WoW community.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

Well they changed it, so why not try the new version?

I totally agree with you.

All of us (generally speaking) would like to have characters ready to seamlessly flow into the new content once the expansion drops. I don’t think anyone wants to be overpowered to steamroll the content. I believe that to be something you do at the end.

A simple gearing up and a fun gearing up system should be a fun way to say goodbye to Dragonflight and a hyped up hello as we enter TWW.

1 Like

Yeah. There’s every excuse. Because I’m their paying customer and because I respect my time. Remember that companies get hurt more than the customer when the customer leaves. Which is precisely why people who “randomly expected” Blizzard to respect their time were vindicated when the Shadowlands grindfest was not emulated in Dragonflight.

Listen to yourself. You probably think victims deserve it because of what they were wearing.

Listen to yourself, you are whining on a forum about how they they currently dont respect our time yet they have made so many QoL changes to this game since its release that help with people who have limited play time.

For you to come out here and whine like this is just hilarious and shows that you just whine to whine.

1 Like