This just makes me want to quit

they should just have had the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid at launch… Or allow people to do Mythic +20 without needed earlier keys… If the legendary is the only thing keeping your character from being boring… that’s on you.

I agree the system is dumb. But it’s not changing and it not the system that’s annoying its the “This makes me want to quit” post about having to wait 2 weeks to get something that could have been obtained almost a year ago now.

Yea?

Well would you look at that…
Instead of complaining OP just needed to play the game. Even with limited play time was still able to to do this.

1 Like

Glad that worked.

1 Like

Your feelings of frustration are valid here. The legendary system is poorly designed. But like others have said your best option is to buy random memories and hope. Which in itself sucks but hey what can ya do?

1 Like

Except I have 2 accounts with I believe 11 or 12 60’s between the 2. I’ve tanked and dps’d mythics with no leggos, I’ve dps’d,tanked,and healed pvp with no leggos, I cleared up to and killed Sylvanas on normal with no leggo, did Zereth Mortis on every toon with no leggos, kill the world bosses, did all my quests, did the full covenent camapign on several toons. I am a casual player, and even though I have played for 14 years, my skill level is still average at best. So if I can clear all that stuff across multiple toons, some of which I don’t even know how to play the class at all, with only 1 toon having a leggo, which is specifically for pvp healing, it’s far from unplayable without leggos. I get it, it helps higher keys and higher difficulty raids, and rated pvp, but you absolutely do not need a single leggo for the content that the majority of the players actually get cleared. So many guildies take brand new toons in guild groups straight into m+ keys without even getting any lvl 60 gear, let alone leggos. The problem isn’t the timegating, it’s the I absolutely need the best of everything to even play mentalily. I don’t even have to look to know there’s plenty of videos out there to prove me right.

1 Like

Glad to hear it OP!

I guess you’re just going to have to stay subscribed so you can wait for that bi-weekly world boss to pop up.

You can just trade cinders for memories.

Never said or implied that. Sounds silly and a poor comparison at best.

That’s on Blizzard for designing classes and specs around legendaries and borrowed powers.

You contradicted yourself.

Meaning, the new person can’t get their legendary and the catch up vendor is useless to a new player. It’s a poor design that pushes people away from the game.

This sounds like a line from poem or song lyric. :smiley:

2 Likes

This requires a guild.

Healing is arguably the easiest thing to do in PvP without legendaries, depending on spec of course. I have every class maxed to PvP with and windwalker monk was practically useless without keefer’s. Frost DK was much more difficult to pull off without the syndragosa stun. Sub rogue is significantly weaker without master assassin. Hunter is nearly unplayable without craven strategem. I could go on, but in the end yeah, you can play low rated pvp, but you will be at a significant disadvantage on many classes. And for what reason? Because they didn’t think about how bad the rotating world boss gated legendaries would age after 2 full patches? There’s no excuse for not making them more easily acquired.

It is certainly reasonable to make someone want to quit at least for 2 weeks lol

a whole 2 weeks …if you quit it takes longer

Work on what you can right now and once those 2 weeks are done, get the legendary. It’s not likely you’ll do content that requires bis legendary before then yeah?

To be fair OP’s “complaint” is valid, world boss gated legendaries is a system that has not aged well after 2 patches, and on top of that without actually coming to the forums most people wouldn’t know that they had options of farming currencies for random legendaries and that it can actually be fairly quick.

I hope you didn’t farm Torghast… because that kinda seems like the long and arduous way of doing it. >.>

Haven vendor only has memories from CN.

Depends on if you’ve gathered any other memories. There’s the RNG memory item from Grateful Offerings or Korthia research, but the less memories you have, the more RNG there is to get the one you want.

Oh… this is where the problem lies. Blizz kinda screwed over PvPers this expansion.

Not if you just quit for 2 weeks.

Or blizzard can relax with these archaic mechanics and allow everyone to have access to certain core class mechanics like the legendaries.

Instant gratification is not designed to be part of an MMO. Might want to look into some mobile games where with the power of a credit card you can bypass almost any waiting.

Have you bought the random leggo research book from the Korthia guy?