This just makes me want to quit

We’ll see. If he (or anyone else) is looking to dodge the 2 week situation, that option will suffice.

Aren’t you a new player though how do you know this.

I don’t need to play just to know how bad this expansion systems are. Anyone can go on wowhead and look at just how ridiculous it all is.

You have many ways to learn the legendaries.
Take a look at this wowhead guide:

1 Like

What? You should play to get an opinion. Kind of how I knew I needed a break. Your not ever going play the game if your just reading wowhead really

I mean first off calm down its a video game, secondly by the time the boss comes back around again you’ll be geared enough to do the appropriate content OR just buy random ones and get lucky.

1 Like

I got a wild hair a couple of weeks ago and burned through a lot of cosmic flux buying packages of ash and cinders from the ZM vendor that I then converted in Korthia to stuff that I could send to alts. Then I went on memory-buying rampage.

I can’t believe these legendaries are still locked behind this rotation. Blizzard understood the frustrations of leggo memories and have made multiple changes to them. The fact that people have to recommend “just play the leggo lottery, and buy the random leggo item” is kind of sad.

• The leggos from dungeons used to be rare drops, but they made them 100% drops.
  • The leggos locked in Nathria recently got added to the vendor in Haven because it was dumb to have them locked in Nathria. They could’ve just moved them into SoD and Sepulcher, but the vendor works… (Kind of late though)
  • The leggos locked behind the Torghast rotation is solved with the twisting corridors.

Why in the world would legendaries still be locked behind a weekly rotation of world bosses that came out a year and a half ago? They could’ve solved this by just taking the legendaries and putting them on the current world boss (or even the Maw world boss in 9.1).

(reposted since I accidentally responded to someone specifically).

OP HERE:

1. I understand how some of you take it that I’m being a “baby”, this is the forums after all ad you all are entitled to your own opinions. No big deal

2. My buddy and I have limited time to play WoW, and we moved our schedules around to play this week. So yeah, it’s frustrating

3. This xpac has certainly been frustrating for me, I haven’t played since WoD and the time-gating/systems were not fun for me.

4. THANK YOU for the ones who provided helpful info, after spending 1600 cinders, I was able to get lucky and get the leggo that I need, just have to farm more torghast (better than waiting a few weeks).

Anyways, case closed. I have to go do torghast. good day

11 Likes

I’m with you OP. While yes, there are a couple other (grindy RNG) ways to get these legendaries, there is no reason to keep them primarily gated behind the world boss. There is a reason they made a vendor for the nathria ones: it was a pain trying to get groups or wait for LFR queue to get them. Well guess what? It is a pain to have to wait up to 3 weeks for a legendary.

IMO they should make all 3 world bosses each drop a world boss legendary that you don’t already have, so that between the 3 you could at least get 3/4 on your first week.

2 Likes

it’s not a 6 month time gate. It’s 2 weeks… Also instead of googling it to find out you can get it with the random vendor… he made a “This makes me want to quit post”

1 Like

I stand corrected. But if you don’t have fun with torghast it’s understandable. I really feel like you shouldn’t have to do this or that you should have multiple routes

There’s a big difference between a mount and a legendary though. Especially near the end of expac. When in Legion they just put them all on a vendor for easy to farm currency to solve the terrible rng going on with legendaries then.

With how big of an impact some legendaries (esp in pvp) this could make you practically unplayable for 2 weeks. I had to wait 3 to get my legendary on my windwalker.

Sure, it is an MMO, it is okay to have progress somewhat gated imo… but this system was from 2 patches ago, there is no reason to keep the same stupid gate in the game when we are 2 patches ahead of it.

1 Like

What about this design decision is fun?

1 Like

2 weeks is half a month. That’s artificial time gating half a months play time without a legendary. Pretty boring to play a class without their legendary. They should let the player earn their legendary on day 1.

You need special currency to get from that vendor randomly. Unless you have a main with stocked resources for that vendor, you’re not going to have the currency needed to purchase from said vendor. Most players who complain are new to the game and have to deal with this nonsense and quit.

I’m a tad curious as to what aspect of WoW you are locked out of without this legendary to cause such consternation. Did you get benched by your guild raiding team? Pugs rejecting you because you don’t have it? World bosses taking an extra 10 seconds to kill? What part of the game are you missing for two weeks?

1 Like

so we take an entire genre of gaming built specifically around grinding and serious time investment, then take the most popular game in that genre, and make everything instant? That’s the answer? And then if it’s something that’s sposed to be quite important like a leggo, then what, all the mounts are 100%, all the pets,xmog, etc… This may sound snarky but really, I’m just trying to figure out what you expect them to do in a game built around grinding. Why even make legendaries if they’re just gonna give it to everyone day 1? This whole mentality that we’re gonna quit every time they don’t implement something we want in the game, does anyone really think that mentality helps the game?
Like it or not, they have to time gate stuff if they want people to play a while. There’s no way in these 2 year windows between xpacs that they can produce enough content to keep us pleased for 2 years. Previous xpacs without any real time gating resulted in the majority of people, even casual players such as myself running out of stuff to do many months before the next one. And since it takes a long time to program this content, their 2 options are time gating, waiting a heck of a lot longer than 2 years to hit the next xpac. Everyone seems to thing it’s there just to make it look like people are playing longer so they can show the big bosses, but in reality, it’s the only real option to have us engaged as long as possible.
I can’t fathom quitting 18 months into an expansion because an alt has to wait a few weeks to catch up. If there’s really nothing else to keep one invested besides that one memory for that one alt, they were gonna quit soon anyways.

Nothing is stopping you. Just play with them on your most geared char and once your lock is up to par then switch. Or just play your lock, you don’t need every slot filled with BiS to play.

I get having to wait for stuff can feel annoying, but lets not forget it is for a LEGENDARY… which are supposed to be special items. I don’t think waiting 2 weeks for one is a big deal especially since it’s a 100% drop.

1 Like

Please paragraph. I literally can’t read that.