This isn't what we asked for

Continuing the discussion from Rare Elites in Zaralek Caverns and Forbidden Reach:

nobody asked for this. what we have been asking for absolutely freaking ages is for the HP of rares that are in older zones to be scaled right down. there is absolutely zero reason a rare in non current content should have 15 million health. scale it right down to a million health, if more people tag it you can increase it but yeah you’re not listening to the community when we say we want stuff to be soloable. you still haven’t made BfA content soloable and it’s almost the end of the expansion.

44 Likes

Very out-of-touch decision. They should just reduce mob hp and damage by 90%.

16 Likes

Super strange direction to go in, like why would they want to limit the daily activities that we assign ourselves, if going down there daily to kill mount/pet/toy rares was previously on someones daily to-do list, it sure as hell isn’t anymore… one less reason to log in i guess?

Edit: Rita, I swear I’m not following you around lol

1 Like

do what I do…stop playing when it annoys you.
Enough money gone from their coffers will send a message.

We’ve been echoing this sentiment for months even before the “Hotf(ail)ix” that was implemented yesterday. I’ve been fiercely trying to fight the rotten hand Z.Caverns was dealt since not even a week after its inception and the first Hotf(ail)ix was implemented with not another word said on reason other than “This was not the intended purpose of the Zone.”

My head hurts with the response we’ve just now been given to our rioting when for 6 very long and tiring months this could have been addressed sooner with PROPER communication - which if you think we on the Council have direct communication to developers, let me dispel that for you cause it’s an absolute lie.

I’m tired and fatigued that it’s taken this long to get a response and even that response is not up to par with what we’re asking.

“Murderballs” Who even said we know and love them?

13 Likes

lol they completely missed the mark, like geeze

5 Likes

since when are we in charge of development?

1 Like

As long as it’s old zones, and yes I think Zaralek is an old zone at this point, nerfing the health by 90% to be quickly soloable with a quicker respawn time so many people can do it instead of waiting 9 hours… But don’t touch the health of ED rares yet. Or if you do, again, make them spawn pretty quickly. Smaller health pool, quick (10 mins?) respawn timer, and loot once a day to keep them from being farmed by one nuking little rogue and it would be great. Solve a lot of druid form grind issues, too. Sitting there waiting for Keevah for 3 hours because you don’t know when she was downed is a major letdown.

I totally agree with this. ED is still pretty populated and will be for at least a month. but after that? yeah, it should be something that is looked at in 10.2.5

Technically, every week that passes they get nerfed further as we get stronger

I fought to get the entire zone scaled down day 1. It was overtuned on release and on the ptr. I was attacked and belittled for stating the truth.

Glad to see that more are starting to support the cause.

1 Like

I don’t think they realize that 12-15 rares were always up at a time because when they abandoned the place, so did everyone else. Which was days into that patch when they nerfed things. And also no one wants to go down there and beat on damage sponges for a while. There were a lot of rares in Zereth Mortis too. We called them out. This wasn’t the right fix. A fix to health was needed.

3 Likes

This!

I stopped playing for 5-6 months until recently. I saw some world quests and rares up in ZC, so I flew down and… 15mil HP rares… World quests that take 45 mins to complete unless in a group… I literally just alt + f4’d for the first time in years because I couldn’t be bothered to wait 10 seconds for a hearthstone after experiencing this garbage.

Now, I have to put in even more effort and spend more time on top of the existing TERRIBLE experience?

So ridiculously out of touch. This has conduit energy written all over it.

3 Likes

I guess their intended purpose was to make the zone and all its activities as unappealing and tedious as possible. It staggers me that the same people who made ZC also made somewhere as easy and breazy as the emerald dream.

7 Likes

even in the new zone now, only 2-3 ppl doing rares, Superbloom still has lots of players though

If they want these “murderballs” to happen they need to up the rewards in FR and ZC. Put in a weekly meta quest like the rep quest that would reward a piece of tier 3 adventurer/veteran gear for killing X-amount of rares.

3 Likes

We’re not but every time we ask for something Blizz doesn’t have to always monkey paw our request.

People were asking for a hp nerf to the rares so that if a person is by themself they could do it and have it scale according to how many people are their to do it .

I don’t believe anyone was really complaining about how many rares popped up at one time . Now they may have been complaining about not enough people being around to take them down but at this point when it is past patch content and their being less people, just do the hp nerf because these changes aren’t going to bring mass groups of people back to do it .

1 Like

pfft who even needs 15 million health. If God wants me to die and kill everyone else first with one health I could do it.

clarification: with me having one health.

Right? That last thread where I asked what a murderball was got responses from everyone with their personal theories, which just goes to show that we have an idea what they’re talking about, but this was never our word or idea.

They’re doing this for themselves and they’re just going to watch that zone stay dead.

1 Like

Does anyone actually enjoy the rare farming every new zone seems to have?

I can’t think of anything more boring than farming rares.