This is why PvPer's are Quitting

It’s always been an issue between skill and gear.

Good skill should offset gear, but there’s only so much you can do. Gear is just magnitudes betters as you go up in ilvl.

It’s also an RPG and folks want to feel themselves grow more powerful, hence the gear.

Imo, getting the PvP gear is only part of the experience, it’s not like PvE (arguably entirely about the gear itself)- the real PvP begins when you and your opponents are all max-geared to the teeth.

AKA, when it’s more fair and balanced.

Not stomping noobs/undergeared. That’s the real PvP.

2 Likes

They don’t put effort into anything not the RWF.
You can thank Ion for this, it’s all he cares about, even though it’s a dead dying game mode no one wants to play.

1 Like

Except when you enter BGs or arenas you don’t know the gear of the the enemy, so you’re always statistically stronger because you’re always matched with people of all gear levels.

Fair balanced PvP should be forced in the sense that gear is no longer factored and everyone has the same health, damage and resources.

Back during WoD, PvP gear was earned by doing PvP. You bought honor gear quickly using honor earned queueing, then started earning conquest to buy conquest gear. I recall when changes to PvP gearing in Legion were being discussed prior to Legion. Templates were designed to give an advantage to players who had more traits on their weapon and (I recall) a higher ilvl. Players in Ashran who did both PvP and PvE thought it was right that people who did PvE were going to be given an advantage over those who just did PvP.

And that’s what we’ve had ever since, Ion trying to find a way to give a PvP advantage to players who do PvE right. And that’s why the bottom has dropped out. Half of players used to queue for bgs during Wrath. Between party sync and premades, they’ve undercut the players who used to do casual PvP for fun and really had no interest in doing rated PvP.

2 Likes

Well, few things.

The amount of views wow GAC gets is laughable. Compare AWC to LoL or DOTA tournaments.

I haven’t really tuned in to AWC in quite some time (I just randomly happen upon it when it’s live sometimes and peak in to see what’s up), so feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m gonna assume it’s largely the same players that have been competing in it for at least the last five years.

If the very best players in the world in the game at pvp are in their 30’s or 40’s, I think it might be a sign that competition isn’t flourishing in the game. Not to be an ageist, but wow clearly isn’t bringing in younger players on a large enough scale. Certainly not in the pvp scene.

People don’t want to play an MMORPG to pvp. They just wanna dive into pvp. Other games do that way better.

Idk if pvp is dying because developers don’t care about it as much, or if developers don’t care about it as much because pvp is dying.

For me personally, the moment they made gladiator 2.4K is the moment I pretty much stopped caring about 3’s and would just 2’s or solo shuffle for giggles. It’s lost all prestige imo. I’ll keep my nostalgia and play m+ and raid.

You seen those glad mounts in TWW? Yeah, what a joke.

1 Like

I think Thay want to kill off pvp This is why nothing’s been
done for years! Esport is a joke lol

A few things to note.
If you don’t like gear, there are other games out there, this isn’t a moba or some arcade. The gear is there for everyone to obtain, character progression in an MMO is such an obvious thing it’s kind of tedious to have to explain it.
“lost bc some1 else has more gear”, well, get the same gear and the field is even out. The folks who are blaming everything on gear are usually the same ones that do poorly when it’s an even playing field, find another excuse. Once again, gear is available for everyone.

Also, wow esports was doomed from the beginning, game is just not viewer friendly.

Lastly, I think the devs continue to neglect it for multiple reasons, it’s hard to name 1 just cause.

They don’t play it, they don’t understand it, many of them seem to be the type that hates competitions, it’s too “obscure” for them, it’s even harder to take into consideration when designing the game (this might be one of the bigger reasons, Wow as a game is huge and far beyond their cababilites, so they just focus on the aspect they understand).

Also, pvp players have recieved their neglect with… unkind reactions lol, so there might also be an element of spite there.

Sad days for one of the most interesting pvp experiences out there.

The way they do PvP gear now feels weird. I understand the reasoning behind it but like…I just hit 1800 on my DK last week, I’ve got a little over half conquest gear. So I did a little world PvP just for funsies and it was a joke going up against dudes in high end PvE gear who barely seemed to lose any health. PvP gear doesn’t feel like PvP gear, it feels like specifically Arenas and BGs gear, which makes PvP feel like a mini game and honestly makes the world seem kinda sterile and lame.

1 Like

It is, yes. Go fight people while you’re wearing season 1 gear. Even honor vs conquest + tier set (+ apparently PvE items) is a huge gap.

Even leveling you have zero chance fighting against max level, even in Dragonflight zones.

Because of lockouts, weekly caps, weekly quests, vault, you’re behind for AGES unable to catchup.

We have Khan and Battlemaster. We should already have had another level as well.

Why the hell would anyone still be wearing season 1 gear?

Uhhh yeah and? You seriously going to cry about unbalance when the person you’re fighting is 8 levels above you? Turn off Warmode while leveling problem solved.

Just factually untrue. Vault? Yes but that dependency for PvPers is being removed in TWW (Good riddance).

Besides that you can catch up on any Conquest not earned the previous week during the season until you’re capped.

It’s what people do when they come back from breaks, they’re wearing their old gear. They get thrown into PvP with everyone else to earn the new gear.

Yeah, because it’s bad. They could use scaling.

Same to you, turn off forums/posting at others.

Not untrue, no.

Weekly quests? Nope. Even trophies require almost double honor cap to get a weeks worth which people just ain’t gonna do. Also the whole time you’re trying to get conquest, you’re fighting those people at a disadvantage.

We are getting one in TWW. And I think they said they are planning on adding more.

But yeah, they have taken way too long to add new BG’s.

Good and it should stay gone.

Epic and normal BG’s were split up into their own queue systems. And also, being able to blacklist a BG would make it harder for anyone who wants to specifically queue that BG to get in it.

Lets say for example they added blacklisting for Epic BG’s. I’ll bet 99% of people would blacklist Ashran and I’m not saying I blame them. However, I still specific queue for it from time to time to get the Garrison Nemesis quests done. It takes me an average of 10-20 minutes to get into the BG. If blacklisting were added, it would be legit impossible.

WDYM eactly?

The rewards we get from PvP are pretty great. 2 separate vendors and optional crafted gear.

Hard agree on this and also in my opinion, Temple of Kotmogu.

YES PLEASE!

Isn’t that traditionally what the Arena forums have been for?

1 Like

lol awww champ, cmon now.

If your solution to a problem is ‘well turn it off’ instead of addressing the problem thoughtfully, just remember that can apply to basically everything.

You haven’t presented an alternative solution to unbalanced PvP while leveling, you’re just whining.

The most common solution to the “problem” is to turn off WM because I mean…that’s all there really is to it, it’s not complicated.

Not enough people participate in PvP while leveling anymore, it’s a race to level cap and most of the time that race is spent with WM turned off.

I would be fine with templates. Or even a simple solution like honor gear being BiS for unrated BGs. It’s not casual PvPers who are the issue.

what do you mean

Battle ground blitz is the chosen one. I can’t wait for it to be ranked in TWW.

This is a great list.
I’d like to add to it the fact that previous issues and bugs with wide game changes often have detrimental effects to PvP’ers achievements (e.g. the MoP enchant debacle due to the WoD prepatch, and the Honor level bug post-Legion). Many of these issues remain unaddressed to this day.