This is what (some of) the Community Council posts about?

People keep saying that, “oh, how the world has changed and gotten softer and more coddled!”

Two things, though:

One, the censorship has DRAMATICALLY died down since the 2000s, so that’s not a good argument to make.

And two, going to an Eddie Murphy show meant you knew what to expect, unlike this game where we gyrate between quasi lewd pictures being removed to obvious insults towards players delivered in obscure ways.

It’s getting a bit hard to know what to expect from this T for teens game.

I think poking fun at people who absolutely obsess over the tiniest things, like their lives revolve around it, is perfectly appropriate. And not just in WoW.

4 Likes

So, let me get this straight. You find an emote, an emote that hardly anyone ever uses (not sure what it’s like on RP servers). Important? I’m not going to judge what you find important, but I don’t get why a single joke that you’re going to forget about in a month is so important.

Died down or gone up since then. I’d say censorship has gone up.

That’s a strange take considering that this game blatantly tries everything in its power to influence obsession so that you want to spend as much time as possible playing it.

In a sense, it is Blizzard themselves who induce these reactions in their own players and it is their own players who they make so vulnerable to such casual attacks.

Did you stop to wonder how and why players feel so strongly towards their characters? It’s because Blizzard wants us to.

Go to TikTok or YouTube or just regular television crime shows for an hour then come back and say that again with a straight face.

I think their objection is less about the emote itself and more the attitude at Blizzard that resulted in the emote’s creation.

1 Like

the amount of people with their feelings all in a twist over the dracthyr joke is hilarious.

3 Likes

Yeah, I get that but this whole thing is going to be forgotten about here in a month or two. Either the joke will be forgotten about or changed.

Yep, exactly.

You sound just like a Karen yourself.

2 Likes

People dont understand this this is a mmo. Too many tryhards and neckbeards who only think Mythic raiding and arena and why people play this game and that mindset is why modern day retail is trash and why WOTLK is better

Can I complain about the Vulpera jokes being dumb and boring and not at all funny? Can we get the Vulpera /silly jokes to be spicy and full of controversy? That would be terrific.

1 Like

It won’t be forgotten because everyone has made this a lot more dirty and personal for no reason lol

1 Like

Go for it. No one is stopping you.

Wait… people are making this joke dirty? Oh dear…

1 Like

Our jokes suck too. It must be fun to be a race centered with all the attention.

difference is the joke is pretty much a spit in the face of all people who have played worgen for over a decade with the most requested thing not being added in and instead being a joke for a new race.

Also Vulperas are cringe so all of their jokes are bad

1 Like

Most of the jokes are bad. The only real stand-outs to me are that human LOTR joke and the Blood Elf “you’re giving ME a facial!?” one.

You can’t be serious. Censorship has gone up by a mile.

Did you sleep for the last 10 years where you have to walk on shells on youtube, or you’ll get banned… fined on paypal and removed… suspended on twitter if you don’t lean a certain way… need to follow more rules than ever before to even do a tv show or movie for the mainstream. Society as a whole now deplatforming people just 'cause they don’t like you…

We’ve been led into a time of censorship.

2 Likes