This is what (some of) the Community Council posts about?

It’s nice to see an active community council member who isn’t in line with Blizzard or other council members.

Almost like it’s a council of different-minded peers and not the unpaid goon-like forum enforcers I feared they were.

Not only do I agree with OP’s stance, but I’m glad to see that this member doesn’t agree with other members.

To be honest bad thread or not all the CC members do is voice their own opinions on things and some of those opinions may represent the opinions of other. To me this whole thread comes off as.
" The CC doesn’t represent the players because they haven’t made a thread that address what I want "

Well may the next batch of CC members will address those peoples concerns but they won’t be doing for anyone but themselves .

3 Likes

If there wasn’t a forum thread with what is it… 10k posts wanting to add tails for them then this joke came out, I don’t think there would have been that big of backlash or having a GM blatently state in that thread, “Worgen are not getting tails.”

Like, to take something the community was wanting (with that many posts likes etc) and turn it into a joke I can see where they are coming from.

I find the joke funny, but I also understand their view points too.

Also just because a CC member doesn’t say something you agree with, it is no reason to attack them!

Btw thread for reference:

4 Likes

the joke was funny you know it i know it quit whining so many people nowadays need to rediscover a sense of humor and of course people don’t find everything funny someone else does this used to be fine but now lol. the hunter discord can tell you many things about why they don’t like that cc member all i needed to see. who cares about cc anyway not like there ever gonna make some great amazing thing happen in wow just like gd never has blizz will roll along as always doing what they do ain’t no game forum posts whether it be cc or gd changing anything lol.

This joke is funny lol. I get why the joke can be upsetting to Worgen players, but seriously? Hardly anyone uses the joke emotes. Now should Blizzard be really making these jokes? I don’t know, I don’t think it was meant to be disrespectful. I sort of take it as maybe hinting at something because we might be getting more customization at some point. But I don’t really think this joke should’ve been added, it’d be nice if we got some more creative ones. But I don’t really care.

1 Like

100%. That’s what bugs me most about it. It’s directed squarely at, and makes fun of, a group of players just because they want a cosmetic option.

4 Likes

Okay, I have a bit more to say about the joke. Here’s the thing, I think the joke is funny in a sense of “Hey blizzard’s breaking the fourth wall” and sort of being self-aware. But was the joke necessary to add? No, not really. The joke is sort of out of place. Now I feel like they could make this as an Alliance only joke, and have a similar joke for the horde towards vulpera.

3 Likes

Then be an adult and ignore their posts.

You guys, the disrespect towards the CC needs to stop. It’s their opinion, it’s okay to disagree with heck, I do. But it’s no excuse to be a bully. If you want to disagree, then disagree nicely and maturely.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s funny in a ‘Oof! RIP worgen players’ kinda way, but should they really be doing that to players? Feels meanspirited or at least spiteful. I mean, they could have just said no to tails. They didn’t have to do it this way.

6 Likes

Yeah, I see why it can be disrespectful to worgens, but at the same time, I see it as sort of messing with them as a friend in a way. If that really makes any sense. I feel like the joke wasn’t meant to be taken that way, but was it really appropriate to add? No, we could’ve gotten something else seems like they’re out of ideas. I feel like this could be an alliance only joke and we could get a horde version of this joke. I don’t know.

If the joke is good, I’d laugh. And I’ve been asking for ML back.

It’s a joke. You’re not meant to take it seriously, by definition.

Worgens don’t exist.

That would require Blizzard to put Horde content in the game, instead of Alliance content and telling Horde to just deal with it.

1 Like

Okay, true. Valid point.

In all the wide world of dragon related jokes, they chose to use one in relation to another race and furthermore against a certain popular request.

You can read a lot into Blizzard’s thought process from that little fact.

4 Likes

Yeah, I was sort of expecting more dragon jokes instead of poking fun at another race.

2 Likes

The new generation would go full out meltdown from comedians Of the late seventies early eighties

People really need to go outside and touch grass.

3 Likes

The CC has different players but the issue OP is people thinking this ‘‘idea’’ that they’ve tried in the past sorta never works and always comes off as a PR stunt.

As for the joke, we all know Blizzard has no backbone and will remove the joke or w.e it is. I don’t mind it. And frankly don’t care if others are offended by it :person_shrugging:

Bill Maher said it right the new generation are a bunch of emotional Hemophiliacs

2 Likes

I enjoy old school comedy a great deal, even though I’m fully aware that it wouldn’t fly in today’s world. My criticism is aimed more at Blizzard than anything. They aren’t really in a position to mock their players right now. Not after the shenanigans of the last few years or longer.