This is what (some of) the Community Council posts about?

Not quite so much in all things. Otherwise we’d get some minority that wants ffa pvp with looting influencing the game for example.

2 Likes

But Alliance players aren’t the majority? Aren’t most players Horde?

I think it’s fair to criticize her but just becareful to not hate her for the sake of hating her. Don’t think it feels nice for anyone to be demonized or villainized when they meant well.

1 Like

Sorry I come off cold.

I don’t think they mean well at all. Not even a little.

Especially when I have witnessed them countless times downplay other people being sensitive over certain topics.

Them claiming to be “appalled” over a tail joke. Is a joke. They need to be removed off the council. I’ve said all I’m gonna say till next time I feel like calling them out.

Have a good night.

6 Likes

People actually feel disrespected (as a person) over ingame joke? That is just sad.

4 Likes

Unfortunately they are not trolling, that is just the sad reality of authoritarian political activism, everything needs to be controlled, everything needs to be in line with the agenda. Jokes are dangerous. How will this story line help the agenda? That is the sad political environment that we live in right now, and Blizzard is completely drowned inside it.

1 Like

No. People feel disrespected over ingame jokes that directly point at the feedback from the playerbase that has been ignored for years and mock it.

1 Like

Which is exactly what i said, it’s just sad.

There’s an ingame joke over burning tree, my character made a joke about disabled Undead without jaw who can’t speak properly, there’s a joke about getting Ninja-looted, there’s a joke about players wiping on bosses.

But when its about a furry character who can’t accept that their furry character canonically doesn’t actually have a tail, now its going too far.

10 Likes

That’s my favorite joke in the game!

“YOU’RE going to give ME a facial? You don’t even have a lower jaw and you’re giving ME a facial?!”

1 Like

The joke is not harmful in the slightest, neither says they’re not adding them in the future or anything. It wasn’t even toxic, in my opinion.

I showed my tail to one of those wolf people… but they just looked sad and walked away. I wonder why!

Compare this joke to the Dark Iron Dwarf’s joke about Teldrassil, at the peak of a whole fanbase rage due to the burning and this is nothing.

In my opinion, the joke is harmless. Though not also enough to attack the ones who are against it.

4 Likes

Disrespectful about a imaginary race in a fantasy game about a physical feature no one has in life. 'murica.

12 Likes

This is the same CC member who said they were happy with over 70 jokes being removed from the game.

One can only hope none of these people ever set foot into a comedy club or listen to any comedian ever.

5 Likes

And in a recent discussion about balancing the requirements for the Veilstrider title, said ‘no, they should leave it as is, because i have it and want to feel special’.

(Note that I also have the achievement, but I think it should be adjusted to be more even. The Night Fae & Venthyr components require only 1 achievement, while the Necrolord portion requires the entire “Abominable” title meta-achievement.)

4 Likes

Seriously, some people need to get outside more and gain perspective.

4 Likes

just putting my 2 cents here
if they remove a joke which is funny due to the memes of them not reading the forums.
then that would open a lot of flood gates of demands

1 Like

If you actually get angry over an in game joke about a character’s lack of a tail, then you really need to reevaluate your priorities in life.

This Community Council thing was a huge mistake.

12 Likes

B-but the outrage is genuine!! /s

1 Like

I personally found the joke funny. If it was isolated and as if blizz never roasted us before I could see why some might think it out of place. But we’ve all been the butt of their jokes from comments in game from npcs, the names of quests to the april fools, etc.
I’ve wanted worgens to get tails yet I found it funny and not offensive.
Still the CC forums are for feedback and I believe that they’re entitled to voice their concerns about jokes in game. Why not? I might disagree that it was offensive but other people think differently. The dialogue in game is as much a part of the game as other things that you find important.

3 Likes

you all need to go outside. This is a video game.

I thought it was a Wendy’s…