This is what (some of) the Community Council posts about?

Which one? There are two I’m questioning… xD

I know we can’t call folks out but you could give me their character race maybe?

Get your iron from meat rather than as an additive in your cereal.

No. You can cut calories without cutting micro-nutrients by simply not eating as many empty calories. Most caloric dense foods are actually very empty of micro-nutrients and are a good way to cut calorie consumption easily.

Hippies with hardly any understanding of thermodynamics apparently.

Do you not know what a reductive argument is? I’m saying that you are oversimplifying it.

At the most basic level, yes, burning more calories than you consume is how you lose weight. However, in order to keep it off and be healthy you have to choose a sustainable, healthy diet that gives you all of the vitamins and minerals that you need.

There’s a reason most folks gain the weight back after they finish dieting–and it’s because they basically starve themselves trying to cut calories to drop the weight. lol

Maintaining a healthy weight in a healthy manner is a lifestyle that takes effort.

1 Like

Elven,one that is golden I don’t know what the other one you are referring to.

I get it from both and eat a variety of things.

If you are eating nothing but junk food. But we are talking grains. Which aren’t always bad for you.

Lol, sounds like a wild time.

2 Likes

Don’t care much for healthy eating, but to my knowledge what people call exercise is highly ineffective.

They’re also ignoring the fact that loosing weight isn’t the thing to be doing so much as it is getting to a healthy weight/body fat percentage, and your weight can go up and still result in a net increase in health via development of muscle mass, which in turn, will also help you further lower fat content in the body as maintaining muscles takes alot more energy than fat does!

7 Likes

Also need to becareful of the knees. It’s why I try to avoid HIIT now.

2 Likes

Depends on the exercise and the person. And how much they are doing versus how much they take in.

yea but people need to exercise so much to make a difference that it’s pretty much a non-starter.

Jokes should punch up…it should not punch down

That dracthyr joke feels like a punch down to players that want Worgen tails

So it doesnt feel funny

5 Likes

My man Itaachi has spoken

2 Likes

Exactly this. That’s what I’ve been trying to explain to folks. Thank you.

Again. Context. It’s important.

2 Likes

It’s not at the most basic level. Every level, you have to create a caloric deficit to lose body weight. There is no other way.

Which is literally what I advocated.

Which is again what I said. Change what you eat, don’t just cut calories.

Are you going to repeat my posts back at me ?

Careful not to eat too much iron.

Even most grain based foods. The whole “Eat 10 portions of grain” thing was a stupid mistake and you should never have listened to it.

There’s very few actual good grain based foods. Kellogg’s All Bran is one of them that you should put on your plate. But even whole wheat bread is usually pretty poor in micro-nutrients, and high in calories.

people obsessed with creative direction in a video game over such a minute thing lawl.

Honestly, for most folks just getting in a good 30 minute walk helps and does wonders for health, if you want to go further and start with weights or something similar that’s gravy, but also don’t forget things like swimming and yoga too. Yoga is great for helping with flexibility and joint issues and is, surprisingly, taxing on the body helping you burn fat without having to pump iron.

Swimming is also great cause the coolness of the water makes your body also need to burn extra calories to keep your core temperature up even as you exercise in a low impact manner!

This is really dependent on so many factors. Like age, body type and genetics. Most people burn most of their daily calories by not doing a thing. So it’s not as much exercise as people think and you can get it through many different activities too. It doesn’t have to be high impact or anything.

Hello, I see you replied to the thread. You actually burn more calories doing absolutely nothing, just living, then you ever would through exercise! Exercise is just a bonus but it also provides other benefits such as better heart health and a stronger mental disposition! Exercise is more for overall health more so than to purely lose weight! It’s only on the extreme end of exercise, such as intense training for various sports or weightlifting where calories become a bigger factor!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

Raiim, we’re not mind readers. You giving short answers in a reductive manner does not allude to your thinking on the matter. lol

If you agree, say you agree but don’t try to say you said something you did not.

You were being dismissive with your arguments and skipping important facts.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I took that advice long ago but sometimes I unhide posts just to disprove them really quick and then back to letting them talk into the wind.