This is what (some of) the Community Council posts about?

I guess thats why the horde is almost always portrayed as the bad guy in some way with the heroic alliance coming in to save the day. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Not offended, just baffled at how much people want to cry that they’re “offended” by something so silly and non-serious that has no harmful repercussions

5 Likes

Man I’m late to the party but good lord some of you are quiet salty about the CC. Now to say my 2 cents and get back to other stuff. I think Maizou did the right thing in making the post. The joke is tone deaf at best and there are plenty of people who don’t like it because it is targeted at Worgen players. So for that thank you Maizou.

Worgen players just want more customization’s as we hardly have anything and for Blizzard to turn our request that they have ignored into a joke is in bad taste after all the “joke” removal they just did. But the bigger issue is it has opened up Worgen players to attacks by other players both in the fourms and in game chats because Blizzard saw fit to say it was ok to go after Worgen. Or at least that is how some of the people seem to think things are. Its a joke in poor taste and not really that funny but it can be used both ways so any time anyone tries to attack me I got this at the ready:

I asked a Dracthyr if they could tank a dungeon for me. They just looked sad and glided 3 feet away. I wonder why?

Now if you’ll excuse me I got other stuff to do while I snicker at some posts.

2 Likes

So what’s the joke?

2:40 seconds in

Maybe Blizzard devs identify with being on that side of things more than anything else, after all.

Though in reality, whenever the Horde do something ‘bad’ it’s always ‘not their fault’ but a very specific persons fault even though everyone continually went with what they wanted - so there’s that too.

Funny with your phrasing, given you’re crying about the supposed ‘offended’ while saying you’re not offended.

I mean… it is annoying. There’s a forum thread with like 10,000 responses on the issue and Blizzard is making light of it. Zero tact.

I don’t personally care but it is more than a little distasteful of the devs to make fun of people like that.

3 Likes

Serious question, not trolling, believe me if you want. Has there been any tangible improvements to WoW as a result of the Community Council? I’m not being sarcastic, just curious and was wondering if some of the positive changes to DF are owed to them?

The fact there’s a forum thread with 10k responses merits making light of it though.

If it was a forum thread with 3 responses, the joke wouldn’t land at all.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t think so. I think it has just turned into a more restricted GD. Blue’s are active there, but I don’t think it’s an effective way to communicate and disseminate information.

Like someone mentioned earlier, it would’ve been much better for Blizzard to actually do their job with curating and sieving through GD instead of giving up and using the CC as media optics after you know what.

3 Likes

customization options is probably the easiest win blizzard could make with communities such as roleplaying communities yet they dodge them like they are bullets. I’m almost convinced that blizzard doesn’t realize people like customization because there are no big streamers that care/ talk about them a lot outside of T&E maybe.

3 Likes

People are also tired/frustrated because of the whole High Elf thing the Alliance playerbase has been going on about for years.

How about we get some cool Horde customizations before the Alliance players start making demands again?

5 Likes

sure. im always down for more cool stuff. fel customizations for belves expanded, straight back forsaken, more basic customization for other races I can’t think of off the top of my head. (Give zandalari warlocks pretty please D:)

It is still massively rude.

You mean, when questioned by people asking for a copy of a horde race on the alliance it got pointed out that the race at that time was just available on the horde? THE HORROR.

6 Likes

I recognized the name of the OP because he liked the retort post on the thread in question.

Kind of silly but I really don’t see anything offensive. So what’s the big controversy?

Some folks that support the worgen tails customization requests find it a bit untasteful to knowingly joke about a big community out of the blue like that and feel like they are being mocked. Others think that the joke is no big deal.

2 Likes

Apparently too many gamers have decided the best way to get things is to treat every single freaking thing that they’re minorly annoyed with as a major slap in the face moral outrage.

6 Likes

Honestly Blizzard’s fault there. They caved to crying high elves even though they were given definite no’s multiple times. If the tactic works people are going to use it even if it is underhanded and dishonest.

2 Likes

I mean, that’s the same deal, but it goes well beyond just this game or that request.

2 Likes