This is what (some of) the Community Council posts about?

And there you go, had to ruin it and make this place even more toxic. I swear some of you go out of your way to make this community look horrible.

3 Likes

Oh it is you again. When you actually provide an actual response instead of a strawman then I’ll endulge.

I guess you missed the multiple meetings that leaked from twitter HQ where they intentionally target conservatives while letting liberals roam free. But again, it’s Pawzer, the NPC who interjects itself into conversations they know nothing about if only to stir the pot.

Dude, if you don’t have any faithful intention to ever discuss and just attack me then don’t bother.

4 Likes

Let’s take a short trip back to Nov. 28, 2004 Sherman. I think you will be surprised at how unsurprising it is that the community is what it is. There are some notable gems to be sure.

https://web.archive.org/web/20041127093213/http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.aspx?fn=wow-general

2 Likes

In theory, but in execution it failed. You gotto remember that there’s a balancing act between gameplay and storytelling. TV Tropes calls it the Sliding scale of gameplay and story integration. Some games are better at integration, and some are worse, but most hit a middle ground where players can naturally fill in and excuse the inconsistencies.

A lot of the ‘lore’ for the Jailer was not experienced through gameplay. It was done by reworking past lore (which is one big issue by itself), and told through a few pages in the Sylvanas book. The first time players get a sense of his motivation was during his final cutscene. Compare this to Denathrius, within the same expansion, where you get to interface with him. It wasn’t perfect, but look at how much more receptive people are.

tl;dr show don’t tell. People don’t care that much about inconsistencies when they’re at least part of the experience. This is especially so for the main ‘cause’ of the expansion. You can’t mess that up.

So you agree SL wasn’t all bad story.

That’s kinda the point : WoW’s story has always been lukewarm safe clichés, with the occasional gem here and there.

Jailer follows a pretty typical path : he’s an unknown, unstoppable threat. You make allies, figure out his ultimate doomsday plan, and then put together a countermeasure based on cooperation with your new allies.

It’s a standard safe plot that has a clear beginning, conflict and ending.

Don’t feel bad yesterday I was also attacked by this same poster because they thought I was in some discord when in fact I don’t use discord and have not once ever said anything to them or attacked them.

What is really sad is this poster attacks just about everyone and when proven wrong they don’t have the courage to say they made a mistake and apoligize.

6 Likes

You’re my favorite poster, Pawzer.

The character customization is one of the selling points and why people play the game. You find your random elf or human RPG everywhere but only WoW offers something like Tauren or Pandas as a playable race. People do care for those things.

I heard the exact same words back then when it comes to the Alliance High Elves… and it was discussed to death for four (!) years, until Blizzard gave in. And now let’s turn to the Worgen tail topic, which is actually even older, has more people posting there and now they get mocked? For what reason, actually?

Everyone is an alt if you have nothing to contribute to the discussion. Look at you, hiding behind a classic alt, discussing retail issues. You have nothing.

I don’t take the user not even seriously. It’s just a person who cannot counter my arguments and what you American understand under “demonized or villainous” is too outlandish for me to take even into consideration, given how (in-)sensitive your country has become.

Speaking of sensitivity. It’s always the spiteful people who cannot counter an argument. You’re one of them to, you know. We do read your postings (which includes my relatives) and they do have also gave you subtle nods on the forums in the past. If you really have been my postings, as you mentioned it, then you would know that I’m European and Asian and post on a low level character so I can access the US-forums.

It’s always a joke until we contextual the scenario and go back in time. No, it’s not a joke, it’s an authentic mocking of the Worgen-community to deny their year-long request. There are better approaches to this.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve tried before in other threads but they seemingly just like to ignore everything and just attack people any way possible. Oh well…

1 Like

They are a bully themselves. Hopefully they can take their own medicine.

But deep down I hope they cried. Lol

Pawzer everyone knows you’re a troll. Please stop trying so hard. You’re just really bad at this.

I thought I muted you anyway.

3 Likes

Who? The CC person who whined about slime cat and a joke?

Yes the CC member who is constantly putting others down and arguing with other people daily in GD.

The same CC member that will shut others down for being to sensitive then turn around and do this.

That is garbage. The person needs to be removed off the council. Period. They are a troll.

4 Likes

What it is, is some people are looking to be offended… and they want to tell you all about it. The internet is an extension of the safe space that is their home.

Some people are perpetually offended and that is their burden.

Yep, life must be tiring when you’re looking too be angry about things you have no control over.

Oh, wait, yeah I forgot about that. I remember when I stated my opinion on slime cat and they started out right insulting me and assuming all this stuff about me. Omg, I was so ***** off that day. Just every opinion that comes out of their mouth is either an insult or something ridiculous. I only made that post to be nice, but omg. I don’t know why I haven’t muted them yet.

Guess how many people I have muted.

How many??

I just counted, at the moment I have 237 characters on ignore. Of course, some of those are the same person.

Am I one of them?