This is not 1.12 this is Classic

I think Blizzard is pushing for a summer release. Doing that would hinder their progress with other things.

So they just want to get AV out of the way and work on more important things.

This simply is true. Considering that’s LITERALLY what classic is being made from… Man I love it when people say something so confidentially stupid and the facts is literally laying right in front of them. Makes me feel warm =D

Relevance?

It’s not though. No one in here is saying it is. Please read this so you FULLY understand this once and for all. Classic isn’t attempting to be purely 1.12… but every decision they have made in terms of core gameplay and features of the game have been made under the 1.12 foundation. Boss balancing, class balancing, BGs, basically everything.

This does NOT make it a 1.12 copy cat or even trying to be a perfect 1.12. This just means that the foundation of the game is being built around 1.12.

Do you understand the difference? If you don’t I would just suggest you sit this one out too.

except av is not going live with release. so they can literally work on it between now and release of the av patch.

I heard they are just manually updating the drop tables themselves…

So boss used to drop the idol of whatever. Blizzard goes into the data and pulls idol of whatever off of the drop table.

They aren’t using 1.10 data. It’s 1.12 data trying to emulate 1.10.

We’ve gone back and reconstructed many of the most heavily affected drop tables as they existed prior to the 1.10 patch, and we’re planning to update the drop tables alongside the Ahn’Qiraj War Effort. Prior to the Ahn’Qiraj unlock, most of the drop rates and locations will look as they did in the patches prior to 1.10,

This times 500000000.

I didn’t feel the Zerg mentality until after 2.3.0. They tried to Zerg before, but it was more difficult and a lot of turtles were able to, and did, happen quite a bit.

so it’s okay to emulate the data where it suits them, but not elsewhere.
hmmm.

1 Like

there was literally AVs done in less then 10 minutes even during 1.12

1 Like

That’s the players not AV.

Even on private servers, which Tipsout said don’t use 1.12 AV, are done within a few minutes due to zerging. It’s literally a player issue.

1 Like

This is the summer of George!

I sure would like that! But that’s not what their doing as of right now. Do you really need me to tell you again why they aren’t?

No I didn’t misconstrued what you said, you just split the hairs of your meaning…which still holds the same meaning basically. Like a child.

No… no one is saying this. You literally just made that up because you think 1.12 foundation = 1.12 to the T.

You know I think I’m done talking to you, you just don’t seem like a quick person this is a waste of time. I honestly think Zyrus makes more sense than you atm.

So what? It happened in 1.5 too.

The general outcome of most of my AVs weren’t the result of zerging until 2.3.0 hit.

1 Like

It’s the 1.10 drop tables.

Could they manually change every boss loot table rather than just import the 1.10 data? Yes.

Is it not still the data contained in an earlier patch, no matter how they implement that data, though?

They don’t understand how true this is, because they have never played 1.12 AV.

They have played the 1.5 private server version and that’s what they want.

which can be reduced simply by adding some of the more challenging parts into the BG again.

so if a 1.12 found =/= 1.12 to the t, why can’t we use some of the stuff that would be better overall for the game?

you don’t want that. Ziryus literally wants to use post vanilla balance/dual spec/etc.
at least i’m arguing for stuff that IS Vanilla.

was a lot harder to zerg it in 1.5 then it was to zerg it in 1.12

1 Like

actually i would prefer more along the lines of 1.7/1.8 av.

Last time I’m saying this until you get it.

No one

No one

Is saying they can’t or shouldn’t.

We are telling you what makes the most sense given what their plan is.

Their plan is to have a 1.12 foundation

With gated content

No one is saying they shouldn’t change anything to something non 1.12

We are saying 1.12 makes the most sense given that’s their plan

They are sticking to their plan

And making mostly everything from 1.12

Do

YOu

Understand

I want to say that I’m massively in support of 1.5 AV. But AV is one of the reasons WoW hooked me in, in the first place and I basically lived in it.

The truth is, zerging was not really a successful strategy for the majority of my BGs until 2.3.0. That’s not an opinion, it’s just what I experienced back then.

I remember the shift very very well and basically stopped doing AV all together because of it after that.

Now, in support of some of what you guys are saying, we did not get many, if at all, days long AVs. They were usually 1-6 hours (after the nerfs to 1.5, I mean)