This is not 1.12 this is Classic

So if were getting gated content wouldn’t it make more sense to release the version of av that was applicable at the time?
Since we’re going for authentic and all?

If you don’t think it does then you really don’t have a level head at all and you’re clearly acting off pure emotion like a child.

EVERYTHING else is constructed around 1.12 yes? So how does 1.12 AV not make the most sense? It does, you’re just freaking out and crying now.

It’s not like retail at all. If you think this, then you have been listening too much to people who are lying to you because you clearly never played it.

Moron, 1.12 is a vanilla like AV. It’s a truly vanilla experience. Holy jesus mother and mary everyone is going full mouth breather today.

You never played either versions clearly, unless you’re judging your experience off of p servers. Calling 1.12 a retail like version proves to me you are speaking out of turn here. Please sit on your hands for this one honey and let the adults discuss this one.

1 Like

No, because that would require changing AV completely and not just gating it off. Do you understand the difference between gating something and changing it? Yes or no?

1 Like

Except it literally is.
If i was running a dungeon in 1.12 i expected x/y/z to drop. Not x/y.

If x/y is dropping i expect a b raids available and version 3 of battlegrounds.

Except it’s not, it’s functionally no different than running the dungeon and simply not getting that loot drop. The dungeon itself doesn’t change nor does the loot when it does drop.

They can easily recreate it. They have the patch notes.
They clearly know what loot to remove, what dungeons and raids to remove.

You want to them to go back and faithfully recreate

1.1 - 1.12 by adding and removing everything exactly as in, based off of patch notes from the time? Because we can’t just stop at AV if they do that.

It took them like 4-5 years to develop Vanilla WoW from scratch. I cannot even imagine how long it would take them to go back and recreate everything… way longer than a year or two.

I didn’t say it’s like retail. I said IT’S THE MOST LIKE RETAIL.
That is true.

You can’t sit there and say we’re getting a pure 1.12 because authenticand then say we’re getting gated content. Your argument invalidates itself.

So stop gating the loot then.

They are gating loot and other things because the community requested it!

The community WANTED gated content/loot to have an authentic feel.

I would rather them do that then base the entire game on a patch that waters it down.

The community also wants pre 1.12 av. So we can have that authentic feel.

Seems to be pretty split. Plenty of folks are fine with 1.12 AV.

That is simply not true. Patch doesn’t just mean balance, it also means content.

Blackwater Raiders is a server that opened on October 6 2016. This server opened under the patch 1.12. Dire Maul, Zul’Gurub, and Naxxramas were unlocked on this server since day one. World dragons were roaming on this server since day one. AQ opening event was available on this server since day one. So were the battlegrounds and the honor system.

If Classic were to be a pure representation of 1.12, it would have opened under these same conditions. Not to mention that it would not have right click reporting, color blind mode, loot sharing, and battle.net integration. Classic is not patch 1.12, it is only using patch 1.12 as a base. We have already gone past the pure 1.12 WoW into “Frankenpatch WoW”.

Why? Lol wth are you on about dude it’s gated content for pve so nothing gets trivialized because of the 1.12 backbone. Dude you really need another hobby or something this is clearly not healthy for you. Idk if you’re like this all the time, but you aren’t thinking at all right now.

Oh way to really split the hairs on that one like a child lol.

I never said that first part. I even explained it to you 10 times already. If you aren’t going to grasp the logic I’m throwing at you, I’m just going to let you be and be continue to be a dumb dumb. Which works for me idc.

If it’s not 1.12 database, same premise still applies.

so why can’t we do both? use the earlier one earlier, and the later later?

Yeah, 1.12 is the basis, but as he clearly states right here, for parts of the game like AV, they are choosing which patch they’d like to use, so your “built on the foundation of 1.12”, is both captain obvious and meaningless in this context. So to the OP’s point, this is classic, give us the version of things that made this game classic, which Mr. Kaivax stated is entirely possible.

1 Like

so then we should use pre 1.11 threat before AQ goes live so that we don’t trivialize the earlier raids.

you’re the one who misconstrued what i said. i was just clarifying.

and yet the side of the argument you are supporting is doing that.

I guess using 1.10 drop tables (1.10 data) in 1.12 be introducing older patch data into a later patch, right?