This is not 1.12 this is Classic

Just playing devils advocate here, because I personally didn’t want a full on 1.12 classic. But you 100% can say this. Content gating =/= different patch.

1 Like

That’s fine, but now we’re not talking about no change we’re talking about what changes we actually want.

Except your not just gating content. They are removing loot too from some locations and adding it later.

You guys are really taking this way too serious in terms of the 1.12 thing. You are taking it as literal as you possibly can. The game IS built around 1.12 whether you like it or not. That means every decision in terms of the CORE gameplay is 1.12. This does not mean it is LITERALLY 1.12 as in jumping into every.single.thing. being 1.12

You are intentionally being literal with this to try to prove…something? I’m not sure. And you’re quite frankly being childish.

1 Like

Except one of us wants changes within the realm of vanilla and the other wants retail.

1 Like

That’s…that’s the same thing. That’s actually the same thing.

So if not literally everything is being built around 1.12 why can’t we have pre 1.12 av?

1 Like

No. It’s not.
Gating content and gating whats in that content are not the same thing.

So you don’t want staggered content?

Blizzard is doing the best with what they have! They have the 1.12 data. They have bits and pieces of earlier data up to like… 1.8. But nothing 100% complete like their 1.12 data. They stated this at Blizzcon.

I feel at this point, Blizzard is like a struggling single parent who is doing the best they can with what they have and people still aren’t satisfied.

Private server players, the people that many claim were the success for even getting Classic servers, dealt with staggered content release…on a 1.12 client…

Blizzard is trying to give you an authentic Classic experience with what they have. Instead of digging your heels in on this issue, why not talk about things that weren’t in Vanilla. Like Loot trading or sharding.

I agree that sharding/loot trading shouldn’t be in the game. Those are not authentic. Argue about those. Make your voice heard about those. Not about AV. Because the more we argue about these dumb little things that are authentic, actual changes that weren’t authentic are slipping through since we’re so distracted with this.

I don’t think anyone said that you can’t? I think they are just saying it makes the most sense…because it does. Given how every single thing else is being constructed (CONSTRUCTED NOT GATED) 1.12 makes the most sense. Blizzard obviously thought so too.

I am saying that making the case for 1.5 AV using existing actions and statements that Blizzard has made. Is off target.

Now, making a case for modifying 1.12 AV to function more like 1.5. That would be more fitting.

If we follow an authentic schedule…we’d get 1.12 AV anyway.

So put 1.8 in there and all the other versions too.

All 1.12 AV at the start is doing is ripping the bandaid off quicker. Instead of slowly peeling it off.

Yes it is. That is the same thing. It’s content that is in the game, they are just gating it until a certain date. They aren’t changing any of the values or anything it’s just gated. It’s literally the same exact thing.

Yeah that’s sort of the point. The point isn’t so much a free-flowing discussion as it is an attempt to fluster anyone who disagrees into fleeing in disgust.

Both those issues have been beaten to death.
Resurrected and beaten again.
Repeat about 500 times.
Tell me. If we’re staggering content anyway. What would be so bad about using pre 1.11 threat initially to keep warriors mages and locks from running away with dps and keeping dungeons and raids more authentic?
What would be wrong with an earlier version of av?

Except it doesn’t. It is the most retail like av. Many clearly would prefer a more vanilla like av to truly experience vanilla.
When people think of alterac valley and vanilla what is one of the key memories? The more retail like 1.12 version or the old school grindy pvpve version?

Blizzard stated…at BlizzCon… they have a complete 1.12 package. They had to go off-site to actually find the art assets…

So even if they did have 1.8 data, there is zero guarantees that they would have the actual art assets for everything that existed in the 1.8 version of AV.

You’d end up with white textures when the client can’t read the data like we saw at the panel.

From what I’ve seen people would want something more 1.7 or 1.8 and less 1.5 or 1.12

So? That’s still just time gating. The loot isn’t changing.

Mat…

They do not have the data for a 1.7. In the panel they said they have the database for something a little earlier than 1.12. I’m not even sure if Omar clarified as to how much earlier. So they may only have 1.11 or 1.8. I don’t remember exacts.

But some of these things do not exist anymore. Blizzard does not have them. They can’t give you what they don’t have. I’m sorry, some things are just lost to time.