This is how I feel about the so called challenging game and why people are leaving

I don’t know much about bots, so I don’t want to talk about it
I speak purely for my experiences and feedback from people around me who have gone AFK

too many stupid attunements, too many rep farms, I want to experience another class, but the attunements hold me back unless I have no life and like to spend 8 hours a day playing a game, it’s boring and exhausting!

Stop listening to the 2-5% of the so-called professional players, I’m pretty sure most people like a challenging game, but not like spending 5-6 hours at night to make a progress, after all, we have work to do, and kids to take care, right?
the 2-5% may say, sure, the trash can leave, but a good game needs people to play it to become/stay good, doesn’t it?

Understand your majority of the player base please, Blizzard, not the 2-5% of “professional players” or drop them into a dedicated server where they can spend 24/7 of their lives on it, most of the players cannot afford to spend 5-6 hours a day to make a progress in a game, let alone playing an alt, I don’t know, maybe reduce the repetitive packs of mobs to clear before reaching the boss is a good start?

just a frustrating rant

again a good game needs people to play it to become/stay good. just saying.

6 Likes

Well…there is a reason only vanilla had blizzlike private servers. TBC never did.

11 Likes

Which is odd.

TBC was never a large expansion. All those thingys was a way to keep subscriptions longer. Philosophy chagned with WotLK.

TBC always seemed less an expansion and just added patches that were intended for original release.

2 Likes

Perhaps you should play the game in active development instead of the museum piece.

Retail WoW doesn’t have attunements.

9 Likes

Nobody is forcing any of you to play Classic TBC. You should have done some research and known what you had in store for you. For the most part, this is exactly how original TBC went. Grinds, dailies, loggers, bots, etc. aren’t new to Classic. There’s plenty of other examples of old school versions of games that are very faithful to their originals. You have nobody to blame but yourselves.

6 Likes

But why bother doing TBC lite?

You take all that away and you have months of a small amount of easy content -well it will be easy once all the hurdles are gone. Why bother. Why not play a game with new content rather than old content that doesn’t have all the grinds and stuff?

This is the thing - there’s nothing forcing us to play. There’s no reason why it has to succeed. If the game isn’t fun for a lot of people let it die. It’s had it’s time. But why bring it back and then take all of what makes it what it is away? You take away the attunements, you take away the grinds, you add in modern convenience and what do you have left? A hand full of well known old bosses to hamster wheel on over and over. Why not simply accept you don’t like the game and play something you do like?

19 Likes

if you dont want to play classic then dont, attunements and rep grinds are part of old wow

8 Likes

All playerbase loves this content, not just the elite raiders.

7 Likes

to unlock heroics ? are you sitting in org for 7 of those 8 hours ?

4 Likes

Yes, but it doesn’t need the trash. That’s called addition by subtraction.

1 Like

a 15 year old game isn’t challenging.

but this is what’s ruined wow. no one has time to MMORPG anymore.

1 Like

how about a 14 year old game?

A guildy of mine hit 70 I wanna say last week? He’s on the heroics step of the TK attune, and the gruul/nightbane step of SSC. He actually forgot to loot nightbane, so he’s stuck waiting a week, oops.

It’s really not that long a process, assuming you can get groups together… if you can’t, I would suggest making friends so you’re not stuck pugging?

Every time I suggest that I get like 5 responses on how making friends is impossible or w/e. Guess some people just love coming up with excuses.

That being said… the Hyjal attune is a chore and I hope they reconsider keeping it in for an entire phase. It’s kind of a lot to run 2 raids you don’t need in order to get new people in. And Kael/Vashj don’t become free after nerfs, either.

2 Likes

I always find this graph to be super disingenuous.

Most people in the Vanilla era couldn’t afford a computer that could handle WoW graphics and most kids couldn’t afford a subscription at the time, they wanted to play Vanilla badly but simply couldn’t. (I was in this demographic, LOVED WOW, couldn’t afford it)

By the end of TBC most kids were young adults now with part time jobs and could afford to buy a computer and a WoW sub, the real reason WoTLK was more popular was simply because it came out at a time when gaming accessibility was at an all time high and everyone interested in playing WoW could finally afford a computer/sub to do so.

The idea that “wrath is the most popular game” based on this graph is pure bullcrap, the amount of people that wanted to play WoW in Vanilla but couldn’t was insane, WoW saw a steady climb as more and more people bought computers and grew old enough to afford their own sub, it has nothing to do with how good/bad the games were and simply how accessible they are at the time.

WoTLK was when everyone who always wanted to play WoW, finally could play WoW, nothing more, nothing less.

Notice WoTLK never actually grew the game at all, it simply plateaued off before the cata drop, if wrath was truly as good as people think it was, then the graph would continue to show an upward trend rather than a flat plateau.

12 Likes

there were also babies who became kids in this timeframe. kids who cant afford computers and subscriptions existed in 2008 also.

the view of the world snapshot in 2004, and with only the relevant people to the story being projected into 2008 is a false narrative i see over and over.

today there are still kids in the world. and they cant afford computers and subscriptions. in 20 years, kids will exist, and they won’t be able to afford computers and subscriptions.

4 Likes

Except now nearly every kid is on a computer playing fortnite and can play any game they wish.

Gaming has become FAR more accessible now than it was 15 years ago.

You’re argument is disingenuous and has no merit.

4 Likes

I mean there’s an even simpler argument against WotLK being the most popular version of the game- even taking into account accessibility, it’s the expansion where the growth stops. It plateaus, stays the same for a while.

That means as many players are quitting as are starting new.

9 Likes

how is wrath popular when it flatline its playerbase and then immediately declined

8 Likes

Hahaha I don’t even play retail I’m classic only.