This is how I feel about the so called challenging game and why people are leaving

What people are missing is that WoW’s continued growth post Vanilla had little to do with anything other than the fact Blizzard was still introducing WoW into new markets. WotLK stagnate because the new market saturation point had been reached, the last of which was China.

Had it not been for these new markets TBC would have been your stagnation point and Wrath the point where it started its decline.

There were still new players coming in during TBC and Wrath in NA and Europe, but there were just as many quitting. The playerbase in these regions turned over greatly during WotLK, which is why " Wrath babies " were such an influential group. If you started in Vanilla and made it through Wrath and into Cata and MoP you saw this massive turnover in your friends lists.

6 Likes

Why are new players so entitled they think that they should get given everything for free? That everything should be changed so they can catch up despite not wanting to invest the time? You want to play 1-2 hours a week and be on the same level as the hardcore raiders. My guild is 9/10 and we do 6 hours a week 2 days. It’s not hard man.

6 Likes

tbc has been out 130 days or so and u need 4 factions at revered for the t5 attunement, you claim you need to play 6 hours per night to make progress, so that’s 780 hours. You need 18,000 rep or so per faction to get revered, so to get 72k rep its taken you 780 hours? I feel like you aren’t exactly telling us the truth

1 Like

ok this 15 year old game isnt challenging. this is an exercise in following a guide.

Its challenging enough for this community, this is a thread related to removing the attunements, which means the op thinks its too hard to even enter an instance

1 Like

The best reward for beating content is more content.

Attunements should be account wide, but beyond that, I have no sympathy for you. They did a far better job on class design than classic, the attunements add a real reward, and gear remains viable up until tier 6.

Tier 6 was easier than tier 5 until Sunwell. TBC remains the best version of “classic” wow. I don’t know how people can’t like attunements because it offers more content when you clear content.

1 Like

Wrath retained players which says a lot. It didn’t have as much growth as before but let’s be real that Vanilla and TBC were fairly new and many people joined.

TBC really picked up when Wrath was announced, TBC also had the benefit of having people joining to experience the hype that vanilla built.

you’re an argument.

2 Likes

This was how TBC always was… why did you come to play a game that you knew would have all of the things you’re complaining about now?

Why should all these changes be made because you’re not satisfied with a release of a game that is supposed to be true to the original, I mean we have already had some changes but that doesn’t mean open the floodgates to everything else just because people don’t like something.

Just accept that TBC maybe isn’t for you and quit playing if you’re really that upset.

9 Likes

I dunno, maybe a lot of us love many things about the game and hope it would retain a good and healthy player base when BLIZ is capable to make some changes?

if only you knew ahead of time about TBC, a 15 yo game , and the mechanics it had. oh wait …

7 Likes

There have been around 370k characters recorded on raid logs every week since July. It doesn’t change much. There are many, many more characters raiding kara for the first time and pugging Gruul/Mag right now who don’t raid log. If that 370k number is only 2-5% of the playerbase then tbcc has like 7 million subs. It does not.

I’d rather have my grind early than have it keep going and going.

Most likely, Blizz will continue what they did moving into p2. When t6 releases in Feb/March 22 they will nerf t5 content and remove the attunements for it.

you should try shadowlands

1 Like

right but not because of game play, rather because of no one playing the game.

Happy to see someone post this.

Look at the sub count like a population count. Asymptotic growth entails reaching carrying capacity and always happens before the population dies off due to lack of new supplies/aging population.

Highest number of something is always a loaded statement when not given an accompanying rate of change around said point. In this case it can be deduced in two ways:

• either no one new subbed to wow then and no one old unsubbed (logical impossibility)
  • equal amount of people leaving as those coming in

The latter is a more reasonable statement. Which then should make people ask why were people leaving during wrath? And then what caused it to become visually apparent once we progressed to cata?

Funny though when talking about this people seem to devolve back to the spinal tap clip of “but these go to 11”, when asked these questions. While berating any who say that higher number doesn’t mean good as being numerically illiterate.

3 Likes

Pretty much, if someone actually tries to post a stat without any context I just assume it is in pursuit of some goal rather than an actually meaningful analysis.

Now if someone includes at least 2-3 contextual factors minimum then I think it is worth engaging with. Because they at least have a basic understanding of numbers.

Josh Strife Hayes actually does fantastic analysis and I love that he says what I am thinking, but just attractive and british.

4 Likes

Lol imagine even being interested in that garbage

1 Like

Its was funny watching people go “just waiting for tbc” back in vanilla and now go “just waiting for wrath”. The problems you suffer will never be cured because it’s a you problem.

13 Likes

have you ever heard of Shadowlands?

TBC private servers were always made HARDER.