This is borderline fraud

They weren’t trying to make money. They were trying to be nice.

I never once got an invite, I just checked the launcher, downloaded the files and played when the option was available.

Ignorance is not a scam.

Was probably moved from the CS forum.

Well, i am sure this was made out of frustration, and i am sorry you were confused and that led to this issue.

I hope, when reading these replies, you realize now why hyperbolic overreactions not only arent going to help solve your confusion, they are going to result in replies that might make you even more upset.

A long time ago i learned this lesson, painfully, and i find the best way to go through life is always assume ive missed something or there is some knowledge i dont have somehow.

Exhaust the search for that knowledge before your post emotionally and by the time passes, you’ll have either calmed down, or figured the issue out yourself.

On the brightside, you purchased game time during the best possible time.

8.2 is worth a look for sure and has addressed just about every major concern with the games content.
And its the summer festival!

Best holiday innit

5 Likes

Because they are open to everyone who has an active WoW subscription, not everyone who wants to play free of charge.

1 Like

Whats fraud is I was wanting a beta key and ESFAND did not give it to me in his live streams! TIME TO RIOT!!! LOL

JK… I’m sorry I had to go there. Not making fun of OP. I do understand his frustration as there are people wanting classic beta keys. The Thirst is REAL ! Cheers all

I believe the client said an active sub was all that was needed to participate. That was the only direct communication the person received. So scam.

This stress test will be accessible to anyone with an active World of Warcraft game account in the Americas & Oceania region.

1 Like

The client says it. Clicking the client leads to a post that tells you it’s a stress test. As well as several forum posts, the official WoW Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram and even BNet announcements.

Again, ignorance is not a scam.

4 Likes

My only real question is, if OP didn’t have a sub, why was he/she in battle net launcher on WoW page? Show no interest if you have no interest.

Lol that made me laugh, usually how these things happen though.

Ah!
I never knew about that. I’ll have to remember that when Classic goes live.

Thanks for the information! :smiley:

My inner voice read that like the end of a car commercial.

2 Likes

borderline?

The dude found out it was a stress test only after paying the sub. My point here is that the client was the point of sale not the internets. So scam.

One did not have to read the forums or see blue posts to be pushed the sale. They only had to click the button. Sound familiar?

Why did you make another topic about the exact same thing?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/so-blizz-likes-to-fraud-ppl-now/204281

They changed the blizzard app launcher getting ready for classic release. It available under live, not development which would be the case for beta. It’s been widely known that to be considered for a beta invite one had to have an active sub.

No Hallow’s End.

2 Likes

I don’t want a key, I played in vanilla. I know how the game goes, I’d rather wait. The beta consists of mostly streamers and the few plebs playing are randomly picked.

There, thats better.