This game REALLY needs a CPU overhaul

Not all the time, and certainly not native, and part of that problem is that it adds latency, which is nigh important in games that need sometimes needs fractions of a second to make a decision and enact on it.

I can pump 500 FPS in the overworld outside a major city, even in Valdrakken, but I can feel the additional latency, even dropping AFMF and capping at just 100 FPS that my monitor allows feels better since I get less FPS drops in general play and therefore a smoother overall experience.

And that is the primary cause here, the frame drops are what makes the game lag the most

So does it happen or doesn’t it happen? Because I’d say you were either lying that it doesn’t happen or just not paying attention.

I also noted earlier that in Valdrakken, no addons, minimal graphics settings, nothing else to limit the game I was still getting only some 80 FPS which is terrible for my PC, and it has always been like this.

At it’s worst back in BFA on any boss pull if you had one too many mages it would not only have frame drops, it would crap out for at least a few seconds every time, worse if you ran too many WA’s.

Point is though, that with high end PC’s should never have to disable anything, and even with disabled settings you still get frame drops, it should not be like this.

1 Like

AFMF2 adds 5 ms stable, and run it like that native 1440p. My PC is high end, though, at least for WoW.

It’s been a fantastic feature update, though it’s only available on the preview driver.

It most certainly does… I had major issues just flying around zones, it was so bad my client would hang for up to 2 minutes. I deleted and rebuilt my entire UI with fresh addons, and my game has been super smooth.

You’re talking about something completely irrelevant.

2 Likes

Uh, no I’m not? I was stated that I had fps issues, that was how I was having, and how I resolved my end of said issues.

That’s just an addon issue.

If you have working addons you will notice there is almost no gains in FPS by using them or not.

I have some 85 addons installed, including ElvUI, Zygor, TSM and those types of heavy resource addons and the difference in using addons that actually work and not is only around 10 FPS, it’s not an addon issue.

1 Like

I’ve disabled all addons but someone said to rename interface to .old and start clean so ill try that next, it’s only in raids and the more people the worse.

Got nothing to do with addons, this has been a problem for this game since forever, the moment you get into an area with a high population is bogs down.

The idea of renaming your addons to .old is to check if you have an addon issue, and if not, you can restore all your addons back without needing to redownload them.

And when I remove all my addons I save a measly 10 FPS in Valdrakken.

I have a 4090 and get the same frames in city as I did 10 years ago.

1 Like

you should see zulduzzar. 29fps in that zone.

Still? That zone is 6 years old.

Wow is cpu reliant for single core speeds not gpu, i get 150+ in valdrakken at the training dummies by as soon as i enter a boss fight in raid BOOM

WoW needs something like Unreal 5 nanites so my PC doesn’t catch on fire in big cities.

hopefully the optimization team keeps making changes to frame rates. The goal in case they are listening is to be able to play this off a pentium 1. I do like all the hardware changes in the video options, making good steps.

My 10700k is just about 4 years old. I would guess tons of people have a ~5 year old cpu.

That said, I am starting to look at upgrading. Not touching Intel 13/14th gen. I’ll need to do some research to catch up with what’s happening with AMD, and what is about to come out at the end of the year.

Just wait for a year or two and that $800 would be $400… for your15 FPS increase pleasure.

Hi OP, curiously I just ordered a new PC (maybe in haste now, because old PC is working again…groan) very similar to yours:

-Gigabyte B650M Gaming Wifi
-AMD Ryzen 5 7600 | 6 Cores 12 Threads
-16GB T Force Vulcan DDR5 5600Mhz (2x8GB)
-PowerColor Radeon RX 7800XT Fighter 16GB
-M41 Air Cooler
-1TB Klevv C910 Gen4 NVME SSD (R 5000MBs | W 4800MBs)

I shall revisit here and see if I have the same issue. I hope to play and reinstall WoW Tues/Wed next week.

You are only seeing what your monitor can handle though. As long as you know that because some don’t understand refresh rates on monitors. My gear also shows over 300 fps and every eye candy feature is ultra, but it’s a 240hz monitor so I’m not actually seeing anything over 240 frames.

There I fixed it for you.

It’s not a matter of if, it’s always when it happens, and it does happen to everyone. Outside Valdrakken, 250 FPS, inside Valdrakken, without addons and everything on potato settings, 80 FPS.

Like it works, but then you add in AFMF, throw in some other settings to try and min/max your FPS and now you have a latency issue. So, now you have to adjust for what works best, lowest MS latency and highest possible FPS while making the game look as good as you can. Then you turn off this and that to reduce the spikes, or more so for BG and Raid settings turn this and that on so you can see all the spells and nothing else, because nothing else actually matters in those scenarios.

You end up in a situation that varies depending in raid size, what spec/class, what spells are going off, what buffs you all have, how many enemies there are, you do whatever you can to ensure you get the highest FPS and lowest latency and spikes.

But why?

Not everyone is able to do this, and no one certainly should be doing this.

If your PC is capable of getting high FPS on high settings, no matter where you go it should remain the same, or at the least not drop almost 200 FPS.

1 Like

I am running Fedora 40 Linux with RTX3060 and WoW runs great. My CPU also have a 4.0Ghz base clock speed. I cap my FPS to 90 but set the target to 70FPS.