This game REALLY needs a CPU overhaul

Why is it so CPU heavy? Is that a relic of the fact that WoW is a heavily modified RTS engine? I could see RTS games being designed more CPU heavy for all the calculations, but I’m just guessing here.

No it’s not just a guess, it is exactly what is happening. The more players and enemies, the more spells, the more buffs, debuffs, health values changing, it’s all needed to be calculated and if they could somehow get the GPU to do this, the many of us who are not talking out our bums, the ones who have 40 series or better Nvidia, or 78 series or better AMD, the ones who have 40-60% GPU overhead left over, we could use that to help with the calculations.

And what FPS do you get in Valdrakken? Or a BG/raid? Not a single person in this game gets 90 FPS in those situations. I get 80 while in Valdrakken with no addons and potato graphics settings and a core clock speed of 4.9 Ghz, 50C CPU temp, no thermal throttling.

I have a super-fast NVME that according to my benchmark can somehow run at 16,000 MB/s (That has to be wrong) and without addons lets me load in within 1-2 seconds on first load, under a second when going into instances or other cities. My 3200 RAM may be limiting me, but it’s also not the worst.

I just done a user benchmark and got a 211% gaming result.

I can run any game with any settings, with or without ray tracing and not get the same results I am getting with WoW, the game needs an overhaul, my PC is completely over kill for this game, yet it just doesn’t perform in all scenarios as expected from any other game.

2 Likes

I hit my target FPS of 70, I have a good computer. CPUs 0 & 1 have a very high turbo boost speed as well.