This expansion is being rushed

I see.

I still think this is a little far-fetched. Microsoft approached Actiblizz, not the other way around.

With an exorbitant number well above Actiblizz’ gross worth, I’d add.

I think most people will easily get 75 hours of entertainment out of an expansion. I could spend $75 for 75 hours or $75+ for a night out with friends that lasts maybe 4 hours.

They have always tried for a faster development cycle… i dont know normally im skeptical but my big complaints about dragon flight are that bosses are getting to reliant on weak auras to fix bad design.

With the shorter patches, events and SoD I can honestly say ive never felt like there was nothing to do while playing. Ive not seen any sign to worry yet.

2 Likes

Fortunately we don’t have to pay real money to buy the xpac’s. Just gotta hustle on that gold game.

2 Likes

So true Lmfao, but yeah, i follow the Dollar Per Hour with games, Unless of course it is a really good game, then i dont care if the game “lasts” that long so long as i reply it and meet or exceed that time.

I’m glad you felt this way. Dragonflight was a mess to me. They made positive changes at the meta level with gearing but the actual content that was release was quite literally copy and pasted with different names for the entirety of the expansion.

Primal Storms were just replicated literally every patch major or minor for the entire expansion.

3 Likes

Youre doing that math way wrong. First of all the fixed cost of an expansion is spread over the life of the expansion. You dont bake it into every month. Secondly, its about entertainment offered. You can play for X hours a month. Just because you don’t doesnt mean the value fluctuates.

lol lol lol sure $75 of shoe shines for you, grunge hours for us - enjoy your meal

I mean if you want to be fair about it, the expansion cost will last for the life of the game. :smiley: but i was simply using an example.

Blizzard ignored all the beta feedback for Dragonflight, Shadowlands, and Battle for Azeroth.

So what difference does it make if they cut the “ignore all the feedback” window shorter, anyway?

2 Likes

The Druid talent tree feels like levelling down.

3 Likes

I think the last time my Druid’s talents felt good was Wrath.

2 Likes

And? Here is a Microsoft press release dated 1/18/2022 announcing their plans to Aquire ATVI.

https://news.microsoft.com/2022/01/18/microsoft-to-acquire-activision-blizzard-to-bring-the-joy-and-community-of-gaming-to-everyone-across-every-device/

Blizzard didn’t announce the trilogy of expansions and the faster cadence until Blizzcon in Nov 2023.

There is nearly 2 years of time where Microsoft could have very easily exerted pressure to do this, or ATVI moving in that direction to make sure the acquisition went through.

Not sure why you think that Microsoft had nothing to do with it.

Agree that Druid talent tree is a total mess. It’s tough to design a class tree for a class with four specs, but they need to take that one back to the drawing board.

1 Like

ESO releases an expansion a year, I think.

…Now you’re saying Microsoft had a hand in it again.

Preproduction starts, typically, around or before the launch of the previous expansion.

This isn’t unusual even for games that are not a persistent world, if a sequel is planned, they’re moving things along and making use of staggered workflows. You gradually move people off the current project as it’s closing, and move them to the next.

That’s not a lot of time for Activision to go “ooo lets make microsoft love us more by doing a new expansion cycle”

Nor would Microsoft care much for the risk inherent with such a deviation, let alone ask for it themselves.

1 Like

Imagine if the talent trees were a cylinder instead of a flat sheet. So they wrapped around.

Not “again”. You have a habit of misreading what I’ve typed.

Actually, forget it. I’m kinda over giving my time to people who will ignore an entire point just to start an argument over nearly irrelevant details.

Sure, Microsoft and Activision really stuck it to ya.

1 Like

or a mobius strip, moi caliente