This expansion is being rushed

This is the shortest expansion beta in the games history. Between the alpha/beta launch it’s a total of 4 months.

DF was 6 months… SL and BFA were 7 months.

38 Likes

They were behind on all of those expansions.

7 Likes

Yeah but isn’t this technically 1/3 of the next expansion being a saga?

More updates and content pushed out that people keep asking for

:ocean: :milky_way: :ocean: :milky_way:

3 Likes

I was talking to my friend about this. It appears as though Blizzard is trying to push out paid expansions faster now and make them smaller to maximize profit. Make sure to have your money ready for the super duper noble edition with all of the wing dings.

45 Likes

Are you still seeing too many bugs? The reason for beta is to find bugs in the software. If it’s working up to an acceptable level, further beta has no purpose.

4 Likes

This is the American Way… Corporate power and capitalism.

11 Likes

If that were the case shouldn’t it have cost 1/3 of the price?

16 Likes

There is a country that does not have people who don’t have those things?

They literally announced that word for word on stage at Blizzcon

2 Likes

I get the argument, but that’s the market. And dollar-for-dollar WoW is a cheap form of entertainment when content is being produced.

Also, the last 9 months of an expansion sucks. Just clip it and move along.

3 Likes

Is this the same as Dollar Per Hour? or is this something else with another meaning? Not sure it is why i am asking.

That seems short. Do they usually do much in the other expansion betas?

TWW is coming in hot, but I feel like most expansions come in hot these days.

Microsoft is taking over so my guess is they have to due to a contract stipulation.

1 Like

Alpha doesn’t start until August 22. Beta doesn’t start until August 26.

5 Likes

…They literally said cycles would be shorter. It has nothing to do with Microsoft.

3 Likes

Duration of the test phases isn’t a good metric. If things are working properly, why drag the test longer? Also, maybe this time the test is shorter because more people have access to it?

Too long expansions which leads to content draughts - bad.
Faster and more frequent expansions - also bad.
Sometimes Blizzard just can’t win.

5 Likes

The Burning Crusade’s beta began on October 12th, 2006 and launched January 16th, 2007; that’s three months.

4 Likes

I’m sure Microsoft was very aware of and interested in the release schedule of expansions, game launches, and every other revenue generating event / revenue streams in the long negotiations to purchase ATVI.

If anything, I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that ATVI pushed blizzard to this more frequent release schedule to sweeten the deal for Microsoft.

3 Likes

indeed, many micro infusions or less jumbos? There in is the business of sales and transactions