This expansion is being rushed

Of course it’s being rushed. They have this ambition that this time they’re going to manage a sub-two-year expansion cadence and that it’s not going to crash and burn like every other time. I just hope the inevitable fallout is less severe than patch 6.1 and 6.2 :dracthyr_tea:

3 Likes

BlizZard isn’t communicating either which makes it worse IMVHO.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

3 Likes

There’s virtually no reason for them to be, Blizzard has operated nominally while autonomous. Even with their money, Microsoft isn’t interested in picking up companies to micromanage them, that’s added cost.

1 Like

A looong loong time ago
in a galaxy far away.
Planet Azeroth was under attack.

So me and my friend
The Diamond Dwarf
Tred to see of course
if we could yank that sword out of her back…

3 Likes

Shadowlands was also delayed and then had a content drought for 8 months post release.

TWW seems to be on track and the first patch is looking to be out before the anniversary event in November.

The sky is not falling.

3 Likes

TWW beta is a train wreck at the moment.

Very scary if this hits live…

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

3 Likes

more people had beta access this time.

They must be focused on PTR by now.

Yesterday I’d have questioned you.

Today I read some of the Ele issues, courtesy of Akston making me aware of them.

Yikes.

They’re probably well ahead of the beta build on their active production build, though.

No reason? They paid nearly $70 Billion dollars. They’re going to know exactly what they’re getting into before a transaction of that magnitude is executed.

1 Like

…what?

Im saying its hard to beat wow in terms of money paid to entertainment provided.

Yes… so why pay more to micromanage Blizzard?

I feel like people don’t get how acquisitions like this work. This is not like Activision-Blizzard’s merger.

1 Like

Oh, I agree, but we all know that’s not how it works.

The subscription price hasn’t gone up, but now they could charge us full price 3x. What’s to stop them?

Everything I buy now is less for more money. Food, gas, cable TV, probably the next expansions for WoW favoring more content releases that keeps us busy and with a cost factor.

I mean look at ESO. All the micro transactions for extra dungeons. We get a lot for free currently that requires just a subscription. Who knows what the direction is.

I don’t see the Saga as 11 12 13, but as 11.1, .2 .3.

I’m not convinced that it’s a happy 3 expansion revelation, but rather 3 short development cycles under the guise of one. And predicated on the desires of players for less downtime, more releases that previously were just planned but didn’t cost us extra and were unknown

:ocean: :milky_way: :ocean: :milky_way:

2 Likes

Everything is being rushed. We expect instant delivery or at the very least next day.
c’mon bliz keep up we should have new content every time we log on (just in case pls use sarcastic filter)

1 Like

I didn’t say they are micromanaging Blizzard.

Microsoft will want to know things like how long it will take to make a return on that massive investment.

That includes knowing about revenue from game launches. More frequent game launches means more revenue.

If you think they purchased ATVI without knowing what’s in the pipeline, and how much revenue they can expect each quarter / year for the foreseeable future, across Blizzard, Activision, King etc, I don’t know what to tell you.

It depends on how much of a priority Wow has with Microsoft. Clearly they are interested in Activisions “Call of Duty” because it runs on their X box and I’ve seen them advertise Diablo. I haven’t seen any Microsoft ads for WoW.

Yes, they will want to know, and it costs someone to be the inbetween in this regard, or more realistically, a bookkeeper for a certain number x of Microsoft’s acquired development teams.

That doesn’t mean they dictated the pace of this saga. Given timeframes and how long preproduction for a project like this usually lasts, it’s almost guaranteed that they had no hand in the timeframes. At most, they may press for quarter-specific ranges, which are likely to already align with Blizzard’s, as they have experience publishing themselves. But it’s important to note; Microsoft ISN’T necessarily Blizzard’s publisher, this is not the relationship they have.

Dollar per Hour means you get 1 hour for every dollar spent. So if the expac is 60 $ then 15 $ for a month sub, do you get 75 Hours out of that month etc.

RIP Paradise Bay :frowning: and damn blizzard for closing it.

I didn’t say Microsoft dictated the quicker expansion cadence. I said it was probably something ATVI did to sweeten the deal.

I’m sure Microsoft was happy to learn they would be making more money from world of Warcraft

But they absolutely were aware of this, and everything else before executing that transaction.

All of these decisions for a faster release cycle predate the merger.

1 Like