"This action is currently restricted" after 30 days

Background: I’m an original WoW player, having bought WoW, and expansions including cataclysm in cash. At some point, I was able to buy a number of wowtokens in the AH with gold and I stopped playing after catalysm. I returned back to the game playing on Hardcore about 6 months ago using my wowtokens.

Slightly over a month ago, my account was slapped with new player account restrictions where I was unable to trade, use the AH or mail. Subsequently, on 9th of April, I purchased a 6 month subscription with cash (with ~20 days game time remaining) looking forward to the end of 30 days so that I can finally trade. I was REALLY disappointed when I found that I still cant trade even after the 30 days were up.

Can I get some help here? Is there a UI at all where I can check WHEN exactly my restrictions will be lifted? I have had 30 days of paid game time already - OR did that only start counting AFTER the entire duration of my token time iis up (in which case is absolutely bonkers!)

This has been really frustrating for me. Trading is a big part of the experience for me and I would really appreciate some help here…

Times on these tend to be to the second, so hopefully by tomorrow it will refresh. Might take a completely fresh login also.

6 Likes

This is just theorycrafting but, if you were still 20 days on WoW tokens and also added cash subscription you would be effectively 10 days on the cash sub…?

3 Likes

The last I saw, they were recommending staying logged out for 12 hours, if you still have restrictions beyond the 30 days. I’m not sure if that’s still the process now that they have fixed it.

Either way, if the FULL 30 days has passed, down to the second per Kozzae’s post, then you should let them know in the Bug Report Forum.

6 Likes

Thanks all, yes, I waited till the full 30 days are up, then some more. After which I logged out for 13 hours continuously.

I also logged out and back in after that to no avail, which is why I am asking for help now :frowning:

I am fearful that it is as what ForumCat above says…

Just to note, if you had 20 days left before the sub, you are only 10 days in to the sub. You would have to wait 20 more days for the first 30 days of sub time to complete.

4 Likes

That would just be insane wouldn’t it ? 50 days of no trade … gosh, I sincerely hope that isn’t the case.

Thanks for your reply anyway!

Don’t be afraid to put on a ticket under purchase failure, they might be same to help you with the time line. And I think that’s gonna be closest path to your issue.

3 Likes

Hi,

After 33 days of making a successful payment for a 6 month subscription using paypal I am still unable to trade.

This has been just so frustrating for me. When I first encountered the issue more than a month ago, I was told all I had to do was to pay for 30 days of game time which I did. And yet, nothing has changed.

That was an excruciating 30 days of wait only to find that I still can’t play the game as it is. This can’t be right! I’m a legitimate, long time player of WoW - my payment history would indicate that I have paid for the original WoW retail alongside the numerous expansions that came after, months of subscriptions. My only crime was to use the tokens I legitimately bought from AH.

Unlike a new player, my restrictions start when I was already level 60 on a hardcore server! This means I can’t buy raid consumables which keeps me alive!

Please - just escalate to someone who has the ability to lift this restrictions. Please help me.

If this is about the real money purchase restriction, I’m afraid whoever told you that was not entirely accurate. Those 30 days of paid time must also have been consumed, but if you’re still running on token game time you may not have even started yet.

2 Likes

Did you have game time on the account prior to adding the 6-months sub time? If so, you will need to wait out that prior game time before the 6-months sub will kick in. Then 30 days after that the restrictions should be lifted.

4 Likes

That doesn’t seem correct from what you’ve posted previous:

2 Likes

I’m confused, what is it that is different from what I’ve said before? Are you suggesting I’m lying about something?

It isn’t what they are saying, all they have said is they’ve noticed the story has changed a bit. Anyways, lets not get any drama started, lets all get back to trying to help you. But honestly, It would’ve been best to stick with this thread. Creating multiple topics aren’t going to help you any faster.

4 Likes

You mean my omission about using wowtokens? Oh goodness, if I knew people would nit on that, I would definitely NOT have omitted it. This was definitely not intentional - I will go edit the thread to point to my old one - apologies for making people feel annoyed by that.

Let me explain why: my fixation is on not being able to trade for more than 30 days with no end in sight. That was what mattered to me, and therefore my description was about what mattered to me. Do you understand - what matters to me right now is the inability to trade at all - which is what I wish to seek help with.

I’m probably grasping for straws at this point, but I’m truly hoping for help which has not come.

Oh this isn’t like the other forums. People here don’t get vexed by folks who buy and use tokens. It’s no big deal. And as this is the most heavily moderated forum there is, people who come in here to stir up drama over something so foolish? Their posts don’t stay up for long.

There was just a bit of confusion as to what time you were still working through before the paid time would go into effect.

5 Likes

You misunderstand, I simply didn’t mention it because I didn’t think it was relevant., and not because I felt people dislike it’s use. As I’ve explained, what I needed help with was the restrictions and even if it was still due to the wow tokens - it doesn’t change the fact that I still needed help to get the restrictions lifted.

Thank you for trying anyway!

2 Likes

If you have ticket is (sounds like “Purchase Failure”) you might have to wait for that.

1 Like

yes that is the advice that i would give as well.

very well-said.

lovely to hear it.

It’s been really hard. I’ve had a GM advise me to speak to an Apprentice Watcher (probably thinking I was SSF), and some others which tells me to wait an additional 30 days…

Like I said, I’m probably grasping for straws at this point but I hoped that my post is noticed by a blue who can help me with my restrictions.

Again, appreciate everyone here for trying to help.