They/them pronouns

^ This is the best outlook with the least drama, imo.

Embrace the Materialist ethos.

“Does this unit have a soul?”

“No, but neither do I. Souls aren’t real. Get back to work”.

1 Like

This person has like 3 or 4 threads up with slightly different names. It baffles me that blizz allows this garbage to continue, yet one post is made about heterosexual people and it gets taken down right away.

The pandering is strong and I hate these forums.

6 Likes

Like I said “This is a public forum anyone can express their thoughts, cancel culture is worst than trolls, just because they are not in the lgbqwers agenda means you need to have this person banned.”

It’s not because they’re in with that crowd or whatever they want to call themselves. It’s clearly because they post these threads constantly to bait everybody and cause issues.

They wouldn’t need to post on 3 different chars to get their point across. They literally do it to cause issues and troll on the forums. If you don’t see that then you haven’t been around long.

1 Like

they pronoun

\ ˈt͟hā
Definition of they
1: those ones : those people, animals, or things
They dance well.
What do they want to do?
They aren’t as popular as they once were.
2—used to refer to people in a general way or to a group of people who are not specified
You know what they say.
People can do what they want.
They say the trial could go on for weeks.
He’s as lazy as they come.
3a—used with a singular indefinite pronoun antecedent
No one has to go if they don’t want to.
Everyone knew where they stood …
— E. L. Doctorow
b—used with a singular antecedent to refer to an unknown or unspecified person
An employee with a grievance can file a complaint if they need to.
The person who answered the phone said they didn’t know where she was.
c—used to refer to a single person whose gender is intentionally not revealed
A student was found with a knife and a BB gun in their backpack Monday, district spokeswoman Renee Murphy confirmed. The student, whose name has not been released, will be disciplined according to district policies, Murphy said. They also face charges from outside law enforcement, she said.
— Olivia Krauth
d—used to refer to a single person whose gender identity is nonbinary (see NONBINARY sense c)
I knew certain things about … the person I was interviewing.… They had adopted their gender-neutral name a few years ago, when they began to consciously identify as nonbinary—that is, neither male nor female. They were in their late 20s, working as an event planner, applying to graduate school.
— Amy Harmon

Words can have more than one meaning and we can debate about it being genderless or gender neutral. But we don’t have to because Mr. Google can tell us about “they” and how it is used. It can even tell us about the etymology of the word. What I believe is that people just don’t care, you don’t really care about how “they” is used from a grammar stand point. You just don’t like that “those” people are using the word to refer to themselves.

2 Likes

The pronouns “he” or “she” are correct when referring to a singular person of matching biological sex, regardless of the person’s personal preferences or tendency to find offense at how they are referred to.

Biological males can correctly be referred to as “he”. Biological males can correctly be referred to as “she”. The pronouns match the biology.

I don’t mind if they add some NPC who used magic to change their gender, but I think pronouns are pretty traditional in Azeroth.

In a world where magic exists, I can’t imagine the notion of they/them, xe/xer, etc etc etc would even be a thing.

I could imagine a rare case of some character like Vivec from TES, where it’s a hermaphrodite that holds masculine and feminine qualities being referred to as ‘they’ but, I don’t think there would be something like a modern day transman who once was a woman and now identifies as “trans”. He’d simply be a man, and physically changed via magic.

In polite society you refer to someone how they wish to be referred to. It is called being considerate, I know that is lost on a lot of people. Stop trying to cover rudeness with being “correct”.

How about noooo Scott. It’s stupid and I will always address someone by the way they appear.

It’s been that way since words were created

1 Like

Demanding how others address one’s self is petty. Enforcing it is criminal. Believing that others are rude for addressing one’s self using a biologically correct term is a mental illness.

Those are my opinions anyway. Others are welcome to disagree with me, and even voice their disagreements. They have that right, and I respect that.

6 Likes

Please refer to me as ‘Your Majesty.’

Thank you.

1 Like

From the responses I don’t have to. It only matters what they look like to me so I shall be calling many people trash because they look like trash to me. There is no need for me to be polite.

I have the same hopes for you. 8)

Are you saying you only respect others who you know because they are your friend? You don’t respect strangers wishes? This is an MMO, you meet a lot of strangers. IMO, You should respect everyone regardless if they’re your friend or not.

Why would that matter? If someone asks in-game to use their preferred pronouns when addressing them, why would you go out of your way to NOT do so? Nobody is giving you their life story and you shouldn’t judge others even if they do.

What gives YOU the right to not respect others just because you don’t know them or they aren’t your friend? Do you disrespect everyone you don’t know just because they “haven’t earned it”?

I have enough problems remembering pronouns …they are not necessary~

I don’t use ‘he’ or ‘she’ as a show of ‘respect’ or ‘judgement’ but out of recognition of objective biological reality. Heck, I use pronouns when referring to people I despise.

1 Like

Polite to strangers, yes. Respect, no. Respect is earned.

4 Likes

what you fail to understand is no matter what you or others want even if this was added would not make people use those pronouns than what they make a rule where you have to well they could do that but that will only make people exclude those who demand non tradtional pronouns which causes people to be less social and than those who get silenced or suspended because of this well they leave bringing on more reasons people leave wow . you need to see the big picture and the mindset of every type of person and you like many others fail to see this and this is the exact reason why adding said thing your asking will only backfire on the company even if it makes you and some people happy in the long term and large amount of people as a whole not happy and leave this is not good for you or blizzard or others.

3 Likes

However you want to word it, being polite is respecting others wishes to be addressed by their pronouns if they ask you to.

Whatever the toon is, thats how I address them in game. Thats good enough.

2 Likes