They/them pronouns

Please bring them into the game with either the release of dragon flight or the pre patch. As someone who is more gender questioning than i was just a few months ago this would mean a lot.

44 Likes

Who uses pronouns? If you join my group, your new name/pronouns is your class.

“Shaman is cute as heck”
“Good job, shaman”

If I’m feeling spicy, I shorten it.

“Dang sham solid ints”

The tank is just “tank” and the healer is “heals” regardless of their class.

214 Likes

The game doesnt even call you by any pronouns.
Youre always champion or hero or whatever.

Theyre already as inclusive as one can possibly get.
Theres no need for this

173 Likes

This checks out for most of the player base 'cause despite my name being four letters and the word “mage” also being four letters, I’ve been told “mage make a table/food” for years.

27 Likes

Curse BFA for causing me to read this in Magni’s voice.

35 Likes

I can be on Cb the priest and they will type out healer or priest :rofl:

12 Likes

Can’t remember the last time I assumed anyone’s gender in game. Last time I even discovered someone’s gender was here recently. And it involved the in-game voice stuff I had completely forgot existed.

7 Likes

I’ve always been like… Mute and mage are literally 2 letters apart but yours is just the chef’s kiss of lazy.

6 Likes

UGH I know! I’d prefer to be identified at this point.

1 Like
23 Likes

Its been datamined that they are working to implement pronouns into the game, to what extent? We don’t know, but, they want to make it so we can actually pick our pronouns which also has the effect that “He/She/They” (because yes, ‘they’ is one of 'em) would at that point be associated with your character, regardless of whatever body type you are (to go full circle back to that)

So instead of “Hero, you have come!”, we could be less than just “the champion who will save everyone”, and rather just be “He/She/They can help us”

Edit: for those who want a link to it, https://www.wowhead.com/news/inclusivity-updates-in-dragonflight-body-type-pronoun-and-voice-options-327718

3 Likes

I do not envy those who have to undertake the eventual coding to add in the total amount of 78 pronouns to the games dialog for their level of pay.

28 Likes

It may happen, but at least they’re on the right track. Voice line changes have been confirmed, pronouns are something that I think will have bigger demand as the expansion progresses.

5 Likes

No.
Keep agendas and politics out of the game.
/end

I’m a liberal, and am down with this in actual life, but not in media.

48 Likes

Pronouns aren’t an agenda or politics. They are a way to customize your preferences.

I’m going to doubt this based on your full response. Also, why are you okay with one but not the other?

13 Likes

You must be very bored OP.

25 Likes

Arent we all

7 Likes

The more things are requested ie pushed the more things do tend to look or be taken as an agenda.

7 Likes

Yes, they are. They are part of the sexual identity agenda, and has gotten into politics. Want to have all that on a toon? Play SIMS, it doesn’t belong here.

I don’t care.

46 Likes

I suppose. However, the broken record threads are getting a bit stale. The T squad strikes again.

7 Likes