They/them pronouns

You are using a fallacy know as the slippery slope. There is no evidence to support your claim, at least in a meaningful manner. You are assuming, and I assume you know what assuming makes us?

Nope. These kinds of things have already been weaponized by that community. Dead naming someone on twitter for example.

Stop playing dumb.

3 Likes

Why has this thread gotten this big? Yal are feeding into this.

I’m not sure what you think projection is, but its not how you’re using it.

Who said I was upset about pronouns? Don’t think I ever talked about them.

Also this is just half true? I never said they never existed. I said nobody has them. They’re detected and people have enough worries getting flagged with bans outside of this.

If that were true it wouldn’t exist lol. We’ve had channels and communities and discords already perma yeeted off WoW, and off discord for breaking ToS. Your statement is just fundamentally wrong. You can even find the forum posts of people complaining about the boosting Discords, and Communities getting hit by blizzard.

No? I’m not sure what you think is against ToS naming, but ElfDelphine, BeleDwarfine aren’t breaking a ToS they’re not even close to it. Maybe you need to read it lol.

More like :clown_face: This one suits you the best. Go be a cringy internet stalker to somebody else.

2 Likes

I can’t see it taking that much time, because the game already does this.

It stores a series of strings that the game refers to when the game needs to decide if some quest text should say he or she. There’s a similar string for storing our race, and voice acting tends to avoid actually saying it so they don’t have to record multiple versions of the same dialogue.

This is basically just expanding that list of strings, and then giving a UI option to set it from the client rather than having the server define it for you based on if you picked a male or female character.

This is also Blizzard so they 100% are not going to go through every zone to check every quest that uses these strings.

Where have you even seen pronouns used for your character? I’ve been called hero, champion, maw walker, but never he or she. If you’re just talking about personal interactions, thats up to you.

2 Likes

Meh…I always use He, playing online games for decades kinda trained me into that. Everyone is a boy even if they play a girl avatar. Voice chat might be the only exception, but as far as text conversations are concerned, I always assume its a guy.

It is, since unlike you I know what the words I’m using mean and the proper context to utilize them.

You did, see your previous posts about how they shouldn’t add in pronouns and the reasons you listed.

What does “They don’t even exist to start with lol” Mean then?

Wonder why they’re still around and updated? People use them. Nice try.

You already said NSFW content isn’t allowed, yet the channel exists. Goldshire exists, NSFW TRPs exist (and for some reason you’re against those being actioned despite minors seeing those)

Ah yes ye olde “If one discord or communities were yeeted, none of the other ones break the rules.” Also they never ‘perma yeeted’ a channel.

Mine are not wrong in any sense of the word, yours are.

They are, actually. Not only because they reference NSFW, but also because… guess what? You made them on an RP server and…

“Names that reference well known people, characters, brands, places, or icons”

Back to /b/ or /pol/ with you I guess, given your penchant for naming characters racist tropes.

As I said, could be wrong.

As you said, it is Blizzard after all. They have done stranger things before to correct minor spelling errors on quests that nobody noticed prior too, and have left in grammatical errors from nearly a decade ago. So, daunting or not. It’ll be very interesting to see once everything is finalized.

No? Man you’re really really bad at reading. I think we’re done here because if you’re not going to atleast try to read, and understand what people are saying. Theres no conversation to be had.

Lie all you want to buddy. It doesn’t help your cause being this toxic.

You are wrong, but let’s assume you weren’t. Millions of lines of code? come on you are simply being disingenuous.

You won’t see other players tooltips will you? you won’t see another players quest text will you?

None of what you are assuming will affect you unless you let it.

Yes, its a coding execution, and it will take time, but a miniscule amount in correlation to the overall time it takes to develop an expansion. We wouldn’t notice a time delay in developer resources if this were implemented or not, its to simple to be a major time sink to affect anyone, you included.

All you see is the same thing you’ve seen for along time now, you’ll see the npc refer to other players in a completely non gendered, non binary way by calling them “hero, champion etc.” meanwhile if the NPC is talking to you, you’ll see your name in the quest text instead of “hero, champion, etc.”

literally no effect to you, nothing you’d even see.

why would anyone be against customization that has zero impact on the gameplay of others and promotes fantasy in an MMORPG?

1 Like

Why do people get so out of shape over the use of pronouns? Do you act like this in real life? I know people who prefer I use their pronouns. Not once have I disrespected that or told them off like what others are doing in this thread. It’s sad others think it’s okay to talk down to others just because they want to be addressed properly.

1 Like

Why do you?

2 Likes

Come on now. This reach is making Inspector Gadget blush. Nowhere did I state it as an absolute fact that it is generally negative or bad.
Nor pressed it as such. Only being anything but my own speculation that I do not envy those who are tasked to preform said task that it could be a daunting one, as well mentioned that I could even be wrong with my own speculations and assumptions, including making note that I want a “smoker” voice.

Not once have I claimed to be against it. Nothing I have stated claimed that it would personally effect or even affect me or others in anyway. You can ease up on the gaslighting as well, anymore and you can provide enough to power Vegas for a year.

1 Like

That’s about 500 made up words the gotta add in.
Yikes, this where all that development is going lol?

1 Like

I find your post incredibly discriminatory. With the advent of neo-pronouns, there are nearly infinite pronouns/genders. Why have you chosen to exclude all of xem?

1 Like

Let’s all refer to Schoolhouse rock for proper use of pronouns folks don’t forget to sing along!

1 Like

I’m not going to watch that. I prefer to get my Information from the last 5 years and in the 21st century.

I see you hopped alts again Wokol to circumvent being ignored, which you should probably read over what the EULA says about doing that. Further, using an animated series (Especially old) in trying to ‘prove’ yourself right is quite silly.

1 Like

First off you’re really being a conspiracy theorist now as I post what I main at the time I swap depending on my current main not because I want to talk to you…you’re not on my list of important people… Second I don’t have any knowledge of your ignore list nor do I care.

That you still have such a grudge on me over a false sense that I called you out by name which I never did again you responding to said post I’d made that kept your name out told on yourself and made it so and now you feel this vindictive really just funny now.

It’s also not really silly as proper use of grammar has been a constant. Perpetuation ignorance as normal is silly. There’s plenty of old things we still go by today. Grammar is just the sacrificial lamb for now to cherry pick.

Schoolhouse rock still sounds better though. :slight_smile:
The fact I also don’t hide my account characters shows I am not hiding. I have nothing to hide unlike you or the others.

2 Likes