Player pronouns in character creation

I am happy the way we are and we can mess around with our body types already.

Can Blizzard charge a fee for changing your pronouns? Might be a good source of revenue milking players who care about such things.

I imagine it would turn out a lot like Dr. Seuss’ “The Sneetches” if this was added to the game.

1 Like

The idea itself is fine and good and should be implemented, but this delivery… Is suspicious.

3 Likes

How are you a “they” if you’re also a “she”? Genuinely curious about how that works.

1 Like

Lets NOT…

The game should be void of ALL personal, politcal and religous veiwpoints that are not part of WoWs storyline. Its bad business practice to cater to just one audiance. Take a look at the nightmare thats called DISNEY right now. Going woke has about made them go broke. The ONLY way to appease everyone is to appease no one.

9 Likes

I want to be able to choose body type 2 voice lines for my body type 1 character.

2 Likes

Bad faith posting aside this isn’t an unreasonable idea.

It could also be expanded to titles, like being able to use body type specific titles as, well, either body type.

1 Like

Leave identity politics out of WoW. Period.

5 Likes

EDIT - to make the whole thread vanish from your forum list you can Mute it. To do that go to the bottom left of the thread where it says Tracking :paw_prints: and from the drop down menu set it to mute. DO NOT TAKE THE HATE BAIT.

Yeah, despite this being a Talonel thread I am going to try to do what Vrak asked and take it at face value without further judgement and comments about the OP, my speculation on motives, or anything else.

The OP has made this thread before They/them pronouns , and it has come up in media about possible Blizzard WoW changes during Alpha. Such a this Wowhead article. https://www.wowhead.com/news/inclusivity-updates-in-dragonflight-body-type-pronoun-and-voice-options-327718

I find myself agreeing with Rita (odd, but true)

And Moritz

There is no explicit ability to set “pronoun” because for the most part it is not needed anymore. It is irrelevant because they don’t address us by she/him type pronouns.

Blizzard has made most of the NPC quest or cinematic text addressing our characters gender neutral - or removed gender totally. They call us Hero, Champion, or [Name]. They even directly address us as “you”. Could you please go gather 100 low drop rate bear butts!

We have the ability to select body type we prefer, and change the body type and appearance for free (no gold) at the Barber shop whenever we want. There are a huge variety of body styles and builds, hair styles, faces, etc Nobody is “stuck”.

The only thing that is left really, is some of the Titles. Crazy Cat Lady or Crazy Cat Man. Talon Queen, Talon King.

So really, if this was genuine, they would be asking when the titles might get updated.

3 Likes

This post got buried quick.

How about no.

Body 1 and body 2 is as far as it needs to go.

Want to rp as an they/them? Go for it.

You do you

4 Likes

Actually if memory serves.

There has been 1 or two quests that refers to Syniko as a she.

There might be a few left, certainly. Probably some of the older ones. I can only imagine that checking them all is an exhaustive effort. I think they have always leaned towards avoiding gender in most things. For written text you need two versions of the quest text with a check on char gender before display. Extra effort. For spoken lines you need two versions of the same voice lines recorded. Double the cost and effort. So, we are “Hero”, “Champion”, “Adventurer”. Maybe even lowly scum on a new DK trying to enter SW!

Maybe my old memory is like swiss cheese, but I THINK that is how it mostly works already.

This i agree with. They went through all the trouble with making it body type 1/2/ect but they didn’t add the crucial voice choice to go with it. One without the other is just a bad attempt and just screams ‘I’m woke, I did as you asked!’

1 Like

If a person is already on ignore, this shouldn’t even be necessary. Their threads should not show up to begin with. The forums ignore function is a complete joke.

2 Likes

I’ve played this game since Vanilla and have only not payed/played for one month out of that entire time. There has always been something I enjoy about this game enough to play it.

But that…that would be the thing that does make me leave.

Edit: Eats the popcorn. Ty hands out cookies

id love player pronouns in character creation.

… no

On a halfway serious note though, we should be able to pick but not have it displayed beside our character name unless we opt into seeing it. Reason being is people can be… well they see something and throw a tizzy fit / harrass. I dont need that noise.

2 Likes

I certainly don’t want people to know who I am behind the screen, people will.harass regardless of what you choose.

1 Like

It’s probably going to happen eventually.

The voice acted lines just refer to you as “adventurer”, “champion”, “hero/heroes”, anyway. So, he/she/they will be weaved in to the quests writing sooner than later.