They're gonna screw over Elune and Anshe

To be honest, I think that the devs are so obsessed with the concept of “age of mortals”, that when I saw another thread some time ago, I could totally see this happening

And it’s really one of those cases where I am not sure if people realize that they say truth: age of mortals is the part of the story that brought the worst parts of the game for story and gameplay.

Offtop example:

It’s like with the fact that the best horde-alliance time was when the Stormwind leader was in fact Onyxia. I am sure the devs did not intend to have this outcome but she was a far better ruler than Wrynns. Like, objectively: better faction relationship, all while with rivalry, and justifiably grey-ish alliance.

Magni-Fandral-Katrana were accidentally the faces of possibly the best alliance time. Not sure if the horde players would like to have such rival, but I am sure some players can add their perspectives on the subject.

I can see Elune have some purpose for the dead elves aka the genocide is actually good sometimes. I can see An’she being the mentioned trapped Light in some way (Shadowlands collector’s ed. book; all caps there):

The Maw is like a malevolent lantern: a realm not devoid of light, but one in which light is held captive like the damned the Maw was built to imprison.

The Jailer’s dwelling is a maze of torment chambers and endless despair from which there is no escape.

So, possible. And the undead night elves that felt betrayed by Elune might be proven right and this might be a justification to keep them in the horde.

It’s all interconnected. The nonsense with communication. Nonsense with how they look for ways to turn Classic versions into something closer to retail. Telling stories to each other for mutual approval. And so on.

(and given some sort of censorship of some visuals of D 2 remaster even the external studio is affected by internal blizz policies. Which is rather sad, but kind of make me think that there is no point in blaming activision. Although some Kotick memes are funny, I can’t deny that)

gl hf

1 Like