Our ultimate goal: a reality without magic?

With the recent revelations about the interactions of cosmic power throughout creation, I’ve given it some thought: is what the mortal races are striving for is a physical plane without the interference of magic? Or at least controlling magic to a point that cosmic forces can’t have a purchase on reality?

Depends on whether Danuser reads and likes Terry Goodkind’s Sword of Truth series :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

News in: Blood Elf spell breakers did nothing wrong

You mean Malygos?

*malygos did nothing wrong

For the most part, they’re just trying to survive today.

1 Like

Go back home Kreia- you’re impossible to please

Doubtful.

Rather, what’s best right now is for the forces which rule over and control the various cosmological powers to stop, or be made to stop. Mortals are more than happy to use magic themselves, and it’s a big part of just about every culture in one form or another. I’d go so far as to say the last thing mortals want is a physical plane without magic.

Peace is the ultimate goal. Literally. The only reason Azeroth is trying to deal with these cosmic forces is because they keep trying to destroy the world every Tuesday.

1 Like

I’ve personally never been a fan of “the magic goes away” as a plot point. I like fantasy elements for magical themes and stuff like that, so having an ending that’s “and now the world’s going to be all boring and normal” feels like such a downer no matter what the story’s trying to entail. Not that I think WoW’s doing it, but I remember getting that kind of vibe from the ending of Cataclysm about “the age of mortals” and it rubbed me the wrong way.

3 Likes

It was positive to me. It meant that the Dragons were no longer going to be surrogate parents to the mortal races and that their fates were fully in their own hands. (not of course counting other cosmic busybodies such as the Old Gods and the Jailor )

1 Like