They should remove level scaling

that’s just it, going from weak and squishy to strong and mighty, that is what an rpg really is gameplay wise. We no longer get what an rpg player truly is looking for, merely watered down bull for people who are just going to play for a month or so and then leave.

2 Likes

Scaling removed my ability to out-level a zone and then feel powerful while going through it 2 levels above its cap. That’s what I was referring to, because now there is no player choice. Where ever you quest, you have no choice in the matter when it comes to how easy or hard it is.

3 Likes

Because he’s a noob, and he’s going to get wrecked regardless of where he is. Let’s use an example right. Level 52 - 60 mobs were found in the Blasted Lands traditionally, so let’s pick a Blasted Lands mob… The Helboar, that will do.

If he’s getting wrecked by a level 58 skeleton in Duskwood, then changing locations to the Blasted Lands and making him fight a Helboar won’t change the fact that he’s getting wrecked by a mob that is his level. The only thing that will change is the type of mob he’s fighting.

The fact that he had a friend makes this even more unrealistic. Either they really really suck, or you’re lying and pulling this story out of your rear.

I believe the concept of level scaling - or as I have heard it often told by the devs was to fix the issue of the fact that players were leveling too quickly through certain content zones so people couldn’t enjoy “the story”

Therefore Level Scaling was introduced so that if you wanted to stay in a zone longer you wouldn’t be detrimental in your leveling experience for doing so. Also maybe it was an attempt to allow “higher level” (A level 40 player could play with his level 15 friend in the red ridge) players play with lower levels… (Always a nice thing to see… I like the idea more of LEVEL SYNCS Then LEVEL SCALING… if you follow me FF bois help me out)

That being said… UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT My thinking is… if people are leveling through zones too quickly to not even complete the stories contained within them… increase the amount of experience necessary to attain each level till it does match. (I apologize for the people with 30 alts who had to read that… Seriously the character cap is 50 and there are 12 classes and 2 factions how many alts do you need!? and if you’re leveling them… aren’t you just doing it to pass the time at that point??)

EDIT>> Honestly if someone has a max level on a Server they should just get a “Veteran Token” they can make like an heirloom to give to fresh characters so they can bypass leveling.

1 Like

He had 560 account achieve points. So yea. Thats the type of player who is going to unsub before ever reaching max level and then never come back.

i remember having this exact same issue when i first started in burning crusade, changing zones helped me because the monster’s changed thus their attack’s changed and I was able to kill them without dying as often, changing zones helps, your the real noob if you don’t know that

And? Removing scaling won’t change a thing in that scenario. He’ll still be getting wrecked by mobs that are his level without scaling, since he’ll be wanting to do quests for experience and those quests will send him against mobs his level unless he deliberately chooses to do quests below his level.

Either way, he’ll learn to play his class, or he’ll quit. Blizzard should not be changing the game because one person can’t manage to play the game well enough to kill a single mob that is level 58.

I hope they scale every mob ever to 120 with 1.2 million health just for you.

1 Like

Okay? I mean they’ll never do that, but if they did, you’d be just as inconvenienced as I am because Blizzard doesn’t do selective scaling like that. If it’s 120 with 1.2 million health for me, it’s 120 and 1.2 million health for you.

You don’t suppose anything has changed since mop, do you? Like, maybe, level scaling was implemented during Legion?

We could just get rid of levels. I love this game so much, but with all that they’re doing, levels don’t have any purpose anymore.

1 Like

MoP is worth being delusional about. I wish I could pretend I still had 524K health.

That idea I like unironically.

I never liked the idea of a number being behind the power… it makes gearing out more exciting then. ilvl is more important anyways well among other things.

I’d just like for mobs when you level to hit you as they do if they were about 7 levels higher in the current game for early leveling… I think once you get to about 90 and beyond such a condition can be mellowed out and reduced to be 1 to 1 scale with level.

1 Like

Yea it would. I watched him. It was entirely 100%impossible for him to overcome the scaling mechanics. If everything just levels up with us, then they should just remove levels entirely. Becuase my level 23 could do what his level 50+ toon could not. That is not skill on my part becuase my rotation was Frost Bolt, then Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance and the NPC was dead and same rotation for the other, same exact number of Ice Lances.

His rotation with his friend was throwing everything he had at the NPCs with massive burst and he stil lost. I pressed two buttons and outdid a player who went in full rotation who was more than double my level. That right there, is proof that scaling is very broken.

Point of an MMO is to get the satisfaction of out leveling a zone and then moving on to level up someplace else.

3 Likes

You can choose more zones now, but no matter what you choose you get the same challenge, the same time-to-kill. Only for a few brief levels can you do green quests for good XP. It’s not like choosing an unusual route through Dragon Quest or Dark Souls.

1 Like

If he’s dying to a mob that is his level, he will continue to die to mobs that are his level no matter where he goes.

He needs to learn how to play his class, get better gear for his class and he will improve. Chances are he was RAFing with his friend, was very undergeared and was trying to kill a mob that outclassed him. This is not a fault of the game, that is a fault of the player.

then rpg games are not for you, its that simple

brother as I said in this thread.

I was leveling a hunter with no quests just simply going after what I needed to level leather working and cooking.

That’s about as immersive role playing as it gets without doing the former in real life yourself.

2 Likes

you forget back before level scaling we could change zones and fight slightly weaker monsters and still get exp for it, no more green, orange and red monsters with level scaling

2 Likes

Do I need to learn how to play my class as Mistweaver monk after not being able to 2-shot mobs anymore?