They should remove level scaling

Are you dying to mobs your level? If the answer is yes, then yes you do. If the answer is no. Then you’re good. You may however need to reevaluate what spec you play, because, and this is true, healing specs with perhaps the exception of Disc priests were never designed to allow for efficient solo play.

Well, that’s convenient, because my main is a disc priest.

This is not true. Healers were able to level in questing without issue until Legion, when their damage was nerfed after a long forum campaign trying to remove all damage from tanks and healers.

that’s the problem, you weren’t playing this game like an rpg, an rpg is about starting out a weakling and growing into something strong enough to where the enemy’s fear you instead of you fearing the enemies. The rpg genre came about from the dungeons and dragons concept. Questing, leveling up, becoming strong enough to take on anything because of your level, thats an rpg, you were more playing like this is crafting sim.

1 Like

No, they weren’t. Again there were exceptions, and Blizzard did buff their damage a bit, but they were never designed for efficient solo play compared to DPS or Tank specs. The efficiency for solo play varies depending on how you play, but generally it’s like this:

DPS > Tank > Healer

If you like to pull multiple mobs at once, then it changes and becomes Tank > DPS > Healer but healer is always at the bottom. Always.

So only at level 35-45 is healer allowed to be powerful?

They can go for it, I could still 2 shot them with 2 TD procs.

I think RPGs games can mean a lot of things to a lot of different people. While I do agree that yours is certainly one of the primary ones.

But any man who matches themselves against any beast or monster and knows what they are capable of isn’t the least bit scared whether it be the first time or hundredth… they are either stupid or a liar.

Role-Playing can work in a sense of better competency rather than through just straight power. Improving my abilities alone. (granted I don’t think that quite work necessarily in WoW’s case I mean it does and doesn’t least no way to implement in a meaningful way in the open world too much work.)

A Lion doesn’t become any less formidable than any other Lion it remains at the same state of being a threat. But if you’ve handled lions before you know what to look out for you can still be physically weaker just smarter… that in its own way is another type of role-playing.

Coming from a DnD Background I figured you’d know that. :thinking: I don’t even play DnD but even I know somethings can be settled without a sword or being the most powerful.

Besides in my mind that ruins the immersion a bit that our WoW characters which are literal demigods are still errand boys to people not anywhere near as powerful. Best to be a simple hunter the catches what he needs to make ends meat not beholden to any quest or faction but self reliant.

Hey, everyone will be able to get those soon. As in, when RNG puts them up for sale at tier 3.

Yeah I can’t wait so I can get even more of it, have rank 3 and 2 equipped atm.

I bet that’ll make your … wait , did you even make a point in this thread?

It was to your “lets scale 120 mobs to 1.2m hp” when we have the ability to crit for 1 million already, I’m not actually sure what your point was.

I agreed with this post so much I made my own and took it just one step further. I hope you’ll look at it and support it enough so we can get these levels removed!!!

Oh, it’s all about maximum efficiency for you. Silly me, I quested 2 healers to max and had no idea I was supposed to have to choose between powerleveling and suffering.

Not sure what you’re talking about.

Solo efficiency wise, DPS are always on top. The exception is if you prefer a playstyle where you gather mobs up in groups, at which point the Tank is more efficient. There is also a smaller exception for disc priests, but that’s mainly because shadow DPS is horrible without gear.

If you were to measure a Ret Paladin against a Holy Paladin in how efficiently they solo enemies. The Ret Paladin will win every time (unless you rig the fight by making them fight an powerful elite, at which point the holy paladin wins because they’ll survive longer than the Ret Paladin). Same with Druids. Measure a Resto Druid up against a Balance Druid and the Balance Druid wins every time.

I guess 100% of the time we’re supposed to be min-maxing, even while leveling. If you go 1% slower than the fastest leveler, you’re doing life wrong. This is a game, it’s not about fun, it’s about proving you’re superior to people who are having fun.

Creatures do become less formidable in d&d, a lion when your level 1 is surely a threat. Once you outlevel that lion though you become the threat, the only thing that wont change is what that lion is capable of.

1 Like

There are still different ways to approach Role Playing I think. Obviously there is that version but there are other interpretations I think.

there are but they do not work for WoW. WoW was based on the hardcore roleplaying content, That’s why its first few years everyone thought it was just a games for geeks and nerds and others outcasts. Focus on Item level is more an arpg thing from my experience and trying to blend them together likes this just leaves the game on life support.

That is literally not what I said. You’re free to choose whatever spec you want, whatever talents you want. But you should be well aware of your limitations, and those limitations are imposed by Blizzard, who specifically did not give healing roles powerful DPS abilities.