They should remove level scaling

Why would I be able to 2-tap mobs from level 30-45, but not out of that range? Next time I’ll just lock my mistweaver to level 44 and be able to 2-shot all mobs.

Speak for yourself, I have leveled multiple characters since scaling became a thing that I would not have leveled otherwise, because pre-scaling leveling was a massive chore.

Maybe don’t try to level in a spec designed for healing and you’d have a bit more fun with it.

LOL.

Clearly you haven’t leveled anything in a long time. Level scaling means nobody “two taps” anything. Nice try.

No doubt you read it on the internet so it must be true, just like with that anti-LFR thread you started where you even opened by saying that you never did LFR but [copies and pastes complaints he read on the internet so they must be true].

Usually because at 15 30 and 45 you get talents that will more than likely yield higher damage as dps as well as every other damage ability and passive you don’t have

Level 45 just might be the break point they decided on

Leveling is better now than the dull curbstomp it used to be. If you suck too much to handle some at level Darkshire mobs then the problem is that you suck

2 Likes

At least in 9.0 a bear in Kul Tiras won’t be stronger than BC Kil’jaden.

1 Like

I want people to be able to choose if things are hard or easy.

Personally, I get joy from going through a zone that starts off hard, and then gets easier and easier. I like it because in the end, all the zones are easy and fun, and that’s why I play: to get levels and have those levels mean something.

3 Likes

I highly agree that level scaling is a terrible thing. Just a quick search on will get you so much evidence against level scaling and how much rpg players hate it and are tired of it being in rpg games as it just ruins it for the player.

Salutations.

I’ve been leveling up a Hunter. Just by killing Animals for leatherworking and cooking… (I also do fishing)

Anyways at the start it was pretty challenging as each time I went to search for new skins it would take me to higher and higher zones…

but by around my mid 40s the world started to petter out by that point everything would be at my level and was so easy to kill… kinda took the danger and excitement out of my leveling experience.

Still leveling this Hunter he’s level 77 now. Been a long journey.

Anyways I say from experience that Level Scaling does have its draw backs and I hope that it is fixed in the future.

1 Like

This is the Character Howdy o/

1 Like

My warrior 3 - 4 hits everything in the 50-60 range

Maybe I’m just better at hitting buttons harder to do more damage

And the point of complaining about the LFR was more so because of the fact we had a dps call to arms, the wait time is insane for getting loaded into 2/3 bosses dead and the fact we don’t have higher level players stepping foot in their anymore

I think this is the key point. Scaling removed player choice.

3 Likes

Warriors are well known to be OP at low level. Get him into bgs now before reality hits home.

Well the thing I found odd is that in the old World there legit is no 50-60 zone.

once you hit 40 pretty much everything is 40-60 in the old world. Ironically the 50+ experience happens in other zones in BC and Wrath for some reason… :confused: Weird because you can level in those zones but you wouldn’t be able to do the dungeons I’d imagine.

There used to be when level scaling was first implemented, but they lowered the starting range for those zones. There were people asking, but it’s hard to say if it was part of their plans all along.

How dungeon scaling works is that queuing for a random dungeon, you are normally put into one of the ones that you always would have been put in based on your level. But the fact that there is level scaling means a higher level player might be put to fill into a lower level dungeon without smashing it.

This gnome gal took down Deadmines at level 13 (alone) in MoP. I’d like them to stop giving lower level players so much power.

Also: Why level up, even, if everything will scale to match you? Just let the levels of everything else come down to you and enjoy your days.

2 Likes

Seems more like an idea the implemented and tested but then didn’t tinker with past there initial update on it. Hopefully Shadowlands fixes that.

What? Uhh… no. No it didn’t.

This is how leveling worked before scaling: Start in vanilla zones (unless you were a Demon Hunter or you boosted, but for the sake of this example, I’m ignoring them), grind through specific zones, with very limited choices as you could only choose zones that actually granted you experience. Then go to Outland, then go to Northrend, then go to Cataclysm zones, MoP, WoD and then Legion…

Your zone choice was extremely limited. You couldn’t say, skip Outland entirely unless you devoted yourself to leveling with gathering like Doubleagent or focused on PvP.

With scaling you have a LOT of options. Want to level in Redridge because you like the quests even though you’re level 40? You can do that. Want to skip Outland and go straight to Northrend because you despise the way that outdated expansion plays? You can do that. Want to mix and match between expansions because you really like Cataclysm content for Hyjal, but MoP is just better overall for almost every other zone? You can do that!

You have so many options with scaling that it dwarfs the options you had without it.

3 Likes

Yes it will. He was in a group with one other player at about his level, they were struggling. Then I come in on a newly made level 23 and wreck those mobs.

I kill them in a few hits. These guys kept trying over and over again and could not do it. And now many of the world PvP guards have been prematurely scaled for Shadowlands release so you have level 55 guards that do nothing to stop the attacking level 120s, and are too difficult for the low levels, and there are other cases where that is happening as well.

The vast majority of players and even multiple devs greatly dislike scaling. Many see it as the dev teams in these MMOs being too lazy to create proper NPCs that are zone specific.

And the fact that some NPCs now stop at level 55 for scaling and still other even in the exact same zone do not goes to show that whoever was in charge of the scaling had no idea what they were doing and really messed things up.

My level 120 DH can clear out every level 120 PVP NPC in one shot now becuase those that do scale to 120 do not do so correctly. So yea, no scaling. Just make things back to the way they were.

1 Like

When I binge on content for lore reasons I prefer curbstomping everything. I recently did the cataclysm hyjal arc and it was lengthy even though I was one shotting everything.

Slogging through things at appropriate levels is yuck to me. It just exacerbates the whole “kill x 20 times” “pick up x 20 times” over and over.

1 Like