They should remove level scaling

Im not saying just Blizzard should becuase this company is owned by Activsion now so they will have to get their permission first in order to do anything. But the scaling that they tried to implement is making things really bad for some of the levelers.

It is simply becuase they have no idea how to do it. Just earlier today, there was a monk who was trying to kill mobs in Duskwood, but they were all scaling up to him. He was a level 58 and was unable to kill them and I watched them drop his HP in a matter of a few seconds. His attacks did very little to them.

So I am on my level 23 mage. And… I target the mobs that he is unable to kill, and I kill them with ease. I kill them in a few hits.

Just made this toon. This is my mage.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/illidan/zaraedeysong

And this toon had to be brought out to aid a level 56 monk. A level 58 druid also tried to help him, but the mobs scaled to him and they failed. Male toon so I called it a him. But yea. Totally happened.

When WoW had more subs, you know about 15x as many subs, there was ZERO scaling. They should remove scaling as it is horrible implemented, is being exploited and that is not the point of an MMO.

Just bring back our old leveling system and have it labeled on the map again what zones are best for what levels. The scaling that is in game now is very fail. And I also dont want the guards to scale to me either. I saw this multiboxer exploiting the scaling feature. he was attacking scaled level 15 guards and then one shottting them on his 120 toons with AoEs and all the corpses said 15. So his level 15s engaged them, they all scaled to him, then his 120 one shot them all and he went in SW and began killing. He somehow figured out a way to make them not scale to his mains. So does that mean that the faction leaders can also be one shotted the same way? Doesn’t seem fair.

So yea, old system fine. Why change what was not broken?

Idk, but when my level 23 mage has to go and help some level 50+ toons, then you know that the game has a bit of a scaling problem.

The current dev team has no idea how to scale. And for my max level toons in super good gear it feels like I am a Jedi fighting battldroids because nothing ever hurts me. I see other 120s having the same issue. The vast majority of players do not like scaling… they really dont.

If it were so great then it would have come in when WoW was first released.

Critics of scaling say that it reflects the laziness of the development teams as it is the easy way of not adding fixed levels to the zones. Yea.

Just remove it. You tried and it is failing. Mobs are way too underpowered at low levels and at high levels but at medium levels they are way too overpowered.

And if I want my NPCs to get harder, then I will go to a new zone where they are harder.

19 Likes

The problem isn’t that level scaling is an issue, the problem is that low level characters have too high of a base power level.

2 Likes

No, scaling is the issue, that’s why OP mentioned it.

9 Likes

I was unaware it was possible to die in any zone before level 60 with out doing something completely insane

Am I missing something here?

4 Likes

OP isn’t always right you know. People aren’t always right. Low level characters definitely have too high of a base power level. Why else would they one shot everything?

I agree. They should truthfully just get rid of levels and replace them with a tutorial. Nowadays a character is either at max level and ready to grind other things or it’s useless and needs to be leveled.

1 Like

My son is nine and he doesn’t really dig too deep into his abilities, nor does he bother to pick talents. He made it to 110 just fine.

I would hope the world content gets harder overall actually.

Now that we have a levelling revamp coming out this year, there is no way to remove scaling, as people will level up in just one expansion.

2 Likes

I understand what you’re saying. My Mistweaver monk was able to 2-shot every mob on the planet at level 35, but turned into a turd by level 55. That’s reason enough to say that something is wrong, but I can’t express what is wrong at this point.

What’s wrong is that no low level rookie adventurer should be able to one/two shot anything.

Let me help you here

You were playing a healing spec for killing open world mobs

Well I was gonna express what was wrong with a lot of cussing, but what you said works too.

They did a cool and mathematically awesome thing with level scaling, but I think that it takes the whole idea of leveling and puts it in a blender. Some people like smoothies, but I’d rather eat the pizza than drink it, thanks.

6 Likes

Great analogy.

There are a lot of end storyline quests that are buggy, overtuned, or require abilities that characters at that level don’t have. Also, a lot of vehicle or item quests are totally borked.

And nobody can help someone who is phased into one of these long convoluted storylines (which have been constructed to be required in level scaling, and were optional before) because there is no way of picking up the questline to help them. I’ve helped a number of low level guildies abandon a zone that had a quest they couldn’t complete.

I think they did their testing on a max level character.

1 Like

Thank you!

Not only is this not remotely true, but even if it was, scaling doesn’t hurt any leveler at all. Scaling is actually a huge benefit to most levelers.

Then he’s not a good player and he needs to change how he plays his class. Removing scaling won’t change the fact that he’s getting wrecked by a mob that is his level. It just means he’ll be in a different zone while getting wrecked.

2 Likes

Before level scaling it was possible to quest to level on a healing spec. Are you saying healers should no longer be able to do any world content? Where are you planning on getting a healer for your instance? Are you planning on carrying them so they can get required world content completed?

Scaling is no help to levelers.

Scaling actually is wonky.

I know it makes you feel good about yourself to trash players and call them bad. But yeah. It’s wonky.

1 Like

I’m saying if you can’t 2 tap mobs anymore you should more than likely have worked out at that point you’re a healer and they don’t get to 2 bang mobs and if they want to do that they should more than likely go dps

I don’t need to carry them, there is this button you hit and it will spike your damage up by a large margin and at no cost

I have zero issue with level scaling. :woman_shrugging:

I can’t tell if the issue they’re facing is the scaling is broken in some areas but I thought every mob was face roll until wod content