They just keep nerfing shadow

Yes it was the best choice for pve I believe. Shadow will hurt the most in pvp with this change though.

Although the change is dumb. Don’t think shadow pvp will be bad. The damage is still intense. Try out bonesmith with all that extra int. And having the ability to run twin sun’s or big mend into some comps makes u a nightmare. Splay with twin pi will be a monster…or almost unkillable with shadow mend.

Oh yeah I’m sure shadow will still be fine. Even if it has weak damage, the instant cc and purge spam is still really good. I do wish other covenants were more appealing but it’s not worth getting kicked on MG and necro is just too good/tanky.

These nerfs are particularly bad for m+ as well. Our m+ utility is subpar at best, our priority damage was nice but a chunk of that is lost with the 40% nerf to pallid command. And why bring a shadow priest when you can bring a sub rogue? The 4-piece was going to boost our poor AoE profile, but with another 40% nerf to it as well… again, why bring shadow? Frost mages or warlocks bring better utility and do more mass AoE. The issue (as was pointed out already in this thread) is that shadow has no real niche. This is true in raid but I feel even more so in m+.

1 Like

just when shadow was looking ok again in raid and M+ blizz makes drstic nerfs that now have me main changing for mythic raiding. gg blizz way to ruin a class in raid and M+. shadow now has nothing they are good at…single taget nope not any more…aoe nope not all of shadow lands. at this point why even have the class/spec if you are constantly going to ruin it

1 Like

If anyone else is wondering how you mute cringe people with their account hidden I discovered this today! :grinning:

cheers

1 Like

Affliction make look shadowpriests like an S tier spec! that bad is affliction for 9.2

Yeah necro is both the pve and pvp cov but now pve is nightfae and pvp venthyr

More like NF is an option the first 3 weeks of 9.2. Necro is still doing the most damage but the amount of damage between NF and NL early in the patch is negligible for how much utility NF gives.

Assuming no other tuning is done it will be exactly like 9.1. People will be NF for prog and immediately switch to NL for reclear.

Venthyr is the arena cov for 9.2 now?

Actually I did some testing and necro is still probably the best. Mind game damage is very low unless they heal into.

The gaps smaller between them now and it’s perfectly fine to play either but i’ll likely play Mind Games myself though i think necro will remain best all round.

im staying necro for the soul reasons of a. i hate vampires. really really hate vampires. 2. Bonesmith passive is so ridiculous on the ptr. its like an additional 100 int and u can def feel the difference. Even without kevin. 3 this priest has never not been necro.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I really only play 2s, so I’ll probably stick with the instant pallid. Mindgames can be a pain to get off when i have 2 melee mongos hacking away at me.

I abandoned my priest. It’s clear to me that Blizzard doesn’t know what to do with shadow since the rework

Is it good for aoe? Meh

Is it good for single target? Meh

Nope, I went back to frost mage. It’s nice to be a strong spec AND bring strong utility.

Shadow just seems to have all the downfalls of a sub par spec and doesn’t really bring anything good to offset it.

1 Like

my DPS sux on shadow, I don’t know how people top the charts with a priest, I’ve seen it a few time but my DPS is in the toilet. I more or less stopped playing him until recently… it’s such a complicated cast sequence compared to my BM hunter. The last time I saw a priest top the charts… his top DPS items were not something I can cast… I guess it was gear or coven.

this did not age well… sry for your loss

This idea that Spriest scales well with gear so needs to be nerfed is nonsense. In Castle Nathria, Spriest was roughly 3rd/4th place for single target. It was the nerfed because “gear scaling”. How did that pan out? Check out warcraft logs:

[Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft](h ttps://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/28#dataset=90)

Spriest is a dumpster tier, unplayable spec after the 9.1 nerfs.

And now there is mathematically, absolutely zero logical reason that further nerfs can in any way be justified.

5 Likes

Spriest is a dumpster tier, unplayable spec after the 9.1 nerfs.

Priest is the lowest-damage class in the game currently. Literally at the bottom, looking at overall logs. That’s not an exaggeration or hyperbole.

Note that I said class and not spec. That’s because every other class can spec into a damage spec that out-performs shadow. And they very regularly do.

I’m not trying to say spriest lacks strengths - it clearly has them. Single target, execute, survivability, and dispels. And I enjoy shadow. So I wouldn’t, for my experience, call it unplayable.

Like many priests here, however, I am “making it work.”

2 Likes

Imgur

I’ll probably be playing casually in 9.2, but considering the state of shadow I probably won’t be playing my priest. :confused: