They just keep nerfing shadow

I just don’t even understand anymore. We’re not even a top performing class.

Pallid Command’s (Necrolord Runecarving Power) Rattling Mage’s Unholy Bolt damage has been reduced by 40%, and Brooding Cleric’s Stitch Wounds healing has been reduced by 5%

4-piece: Your Shadow’s Torment Mind damage has been reduced by 40%.

Like you reworked the set bonus. Now nerf it to the ground. Meanwhile the 4 button frost mage spec is just burying everyone in keys.

11 Likes

They couldn’t even fix the ghost targeting bug without recoding it to essentially copy mind flay so now the tier set is super bugged on ptr and procs dark thought pretty much infinitely. :clown_face:

It’s around a 10% ST nerf and a massive AoE nerf for pretty much no reason. They hard nerfed our only decent covenant legendary and did nothing to fix the fact that both Kyrian and NF legendaries are infuriating to use and the Venthyr one is extremely unreliable and also not fun to use as well. At least remake the NF legendary it’s not salvageable in its current form.

1 Like

I saw these and was immediately saddened. I was just thinking about what toon I was going to push forward with for 9.2, and I was like you know… Maybe I’ll just keep going forward with my priest, since they’re looking pretty decent! Being able to pair Pallids with Mindbender legendary will be wonderful for M+.

And now I’m just like or… once again… spriest will get slapped. :frowning:

I just dont understand the logic, i give up! We were good on PTR but there are so many different classes with better dps and option to change specs and everything.
it’s like lets slap and make spriests life miserable and lets see how much more they can take at this point. Something good starts to happen and when its time to go live we are thrashed again to mud.

1 Like

Early PTR testing showed that spriest was outperforming most other casters by a country mile in raid.

The nerfs were justified. Spriest will still be a top pick going into 9.2. We scale the best with gear out of any class, so nerfs this late into an expansion should be expected.

1 Like

It wasn’t out performing other specs by a country mile. Not sure what ptr testing you’ve been doing? The ST was good yes but it did not deserve a 10% nerf.

After this nerf it puts it middle bottom in ST and even worse for AoE. For a spec that brings virtually no utility or immunities it needs to be doing really good damage to be worth bringing at all in high end mythic guilds.

5 Likes

Yes it did.

Too early to tell.

-Leap of faith
-Vampiric embrace
-Power infusion
-One of the tankiest casters
-Insane execute damage
-Stam buff

Nice try. Shadow priest will be fine after these changes.

Exactly, like there is nothing special about spriest now (I dont know if there was any). No matter how hard you try to think from dev’s point of view these changes doesn’t make any sense.

The fact you mention PI like its a buff we give to others shows you are hard trolling and have no clue what you are talking about. Literally all the other utility can be done by disc more effectively and you’d be insane to bring shadow in over that.

8 Likes

PI is a buff you sometimes will have to give to others, if you are optimizing correctly, that is.

Does disc have vampiric embrace? Does it have insane execute damage? Is it one of the tankiest range caster DPS specs?

The small nerf will be fine. If it isn’t, Blizzard will just adjust.

1 Like

With the nerfs and all the mediocre damage we will be doing in 9.2, you want us to use PI on others ? And you think raid leaders will invite spriests for their PI ? Vamp embrace is not that strong anymore.
Healers are there for healing no one wants slightly tankiest range casters
And at the end you are saying 10% dmg nerf overall is small ? I guess this is gonna be my last reply to you. I dont think it is worth replying to you anymore who clearly has no idea about shadow priests.

5 Likes

100% wrong lmao. There is absolutely no situation where giving PI to anyone else in a raid scenario is a dps gain ever. At least know how the spec is played before you come in here and start telling others to get over it.

When was the last time you played Spriest 2 xpacs ago? VE while a healing cd is no where near as effective as you think it is or remotely close to a valuable cd it was quite a few xpacs ago. We weren’t even running our execute talent on ptr because of gcd problems caused by the 4 set it’s actually an overall dps loss to run it pre-nerf.

10% overall damage loss on single target is not a small nerf. Get out of here with that.

11 Likes

Shadow needs a distinct damage profile strength. Whether it’s single target, multidot, or whatever. It’s obviously no longer multidot, nor cleave or funnel or ST burst or AOE burst or ST swap burst, nor even really sustain at this point. It seems to be middling at best in some of these damage profiles, and non-existent in others.

I have heard as well that Shadow was doing incredibly good single target damage on the PTR. I hope they didn’t overnerf it (again). I’ll wait to see what it looks like on live or wait for some real thorough numbers on the PTR. I just hope they haven’t gotten so wishy-washy with Shadow that they are neglecting to give it a real damage profile strength.

1 Like

Really? Because Max, world first raider, has said so himself that there are other classes that benefit more from PI in certain situations than Spriests. There are entire spreadsheets that prove you wrong. Google is your friend.

I’m glad that we have finally admitted VE is a healing CD and it is utility that Spriests offer.

Historically, Shadow priest has always outscaled these nerfs anyway. Did we forget about BfA and Legion?

Shadow priest will be absolutely fine.

I am not going to disagree that ST was probably too strong but a 10% overall nerf to that is mega overkill. A 3-4% nerf would have been justified.

I am also not going to disagree that Palid Command was performing the other options by miles due to the fact the other 3 options are flat out designed the worst way possible.

You mean the tweets that max was clearly trolling? Yeah okay. The spreadsheet that was specifically made by high end spriest says otherwise.

Historically, Shadow priest has always outscaled these nerfs anyway. Did we forget about BfA and Legion?

Shadow scaled especially well in BFA and Legion because borrowed power gave their base dots incredible damage multipliers that do not exist now. Also, BFA/Legion Voidform was entirely different, with Voidform topping out at incredibly high damage by adding its own multipliers.

Anyone who has played Shadow consistently should have noticed that Shadow has not scaled nearly as well between tiers this xpac as it did for BFA and Legion.

That’s not to say the sky is falling with shadow. It’s just that if there is an argument to refute that the sky is falling, shadow’s historic scaling doesn’t appear to be one of them.

6 Likes

No, I mean the countless amount of times he has said it on stream.

You mean the one with fake math that was disproven by every other high end non-shadow priest?

Max has literally been calling in people on his stream because he doesn’t know much about the spec.

It’s very clear you just want to troll.

1 Like

With the nerf to the Necro Legendary I am genuinely curious what the new meta covenant is going to be for the Shadow. In CN it was NF and SoD it’s been Necro.

Kyrian and Venthyr really aren’t that good for raid damage so I guess it’s going to come down to between staying Necro or NF again.

NF SFP until second legendary or SFP NL if you want the small extra damage with the loss of utility. Double legendary and 4p is still NL.

Kyrian is not even an option. It’s that bad. Venthyr could see some tuning that might make it worth taking.