They claim that pre-made teams aren't stacked

Blizzard broke queue dodging, I don’t think you understand what they’re actually doing.

1 Like

Ah good point, I assumed he meant them ditching a BG once they get in, but if he means literal queue dodging, he really has no idea what’s happening.

They have specific instructions on how to queue, when to accept, when to decline, and when to drop.

Did you not read the quote with those instructions above? You’ve been in here as much as I have.

None of which are unauthorized methods.

You still haven’t done this.

What you actually mean is they are attempting to queue sync. Which has very questionable results and also relies on a very low population of alliance actually trying to queue.

1 Like

Okay, sure. I’m not sure I’ve heard that term before, but it seems appropriate. Apparently it has its advantages when it works, yeah?

Also, do you think Blizzard really intended for there to be an order of magnitude difference in the faction queue?

Irrelevant. Hitting a queue button around the same time as other people isn’t an unauthorized method.

Also irrelevant.

Nope but blizzard ignoring the root causes of that in AV is a separate issue.

I know what your beef with AV is. We’ve been through that. But this isn’t the same. This is something that’s being organized outside of game with specific intent to try to stack a team with “better” players.

None of which is an unauthorized method.

And yet you’re acknowledging this is only possible because of the massive queue time disparity between horde and alliance.

A problem which is caused by a horde play style which is only enabled because of the AV map.

But like I said that’s a different discussion, the queue system is working as well as it can given that disparity and using discord to your advantage given that is not against the EULA. If horde suffer for it, oh well.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll concede that when there are only enough Alliance for 1 or 2 AV’s, there’s not much to be done. However, when there are double-digit number of AV’s running, the instructions laid out really come into play. When I queue in the morning, there’s one or 2 AV’s. However, if I queue up in the evening, there are a lot more. While you still have a disparity.

Arguably, the Alliance behaviors last year lent to quite a bit of demoralization. We’d be remiss to ignore that. We had a lot of folks queuing before that, but the pre-made culture kinda ruined things.

The Alliance playstyle of “let’s do this same thing over and over for weeks at a time” is also a problem. Whatever that new “meta” is might work for a day or so… but once it’s been done over and over, we kinda need to change.

As far as SHGY being softcapped… cap it back. All rushing south is dumb. Ignoring defense is dumb. The Horde base is quite accessible while we’re down there, yet it only takes a few Horde to throw us off. The same can be said with SHGY. We won’t know until we try (of course, I do know from my 2007-2009 experience.)

At any rate, the wins should be a lot closer to 50/50 than they are, regardless of the map and racials.

None of the instructions are against the EULA.

Did Blizzard actively try and prevent AV Premades, even ones coordinated purely via Discord or other means external to the game already in Classic?

(The answer is yes, twice at least.)

Why even try and defend this behavior.

2 Likes

No. They actively made two changes: put in a slight variation in how you’re queued into line and removal of BG numbers. Neither of these prevented AV (or any other BG now that we’re limited to 5 for them all) “premades” from forming.

Find something wrong with it first.

Why did they do this.

He’s an avoidance tank, man.

To prevent games from beginning without a lot of people because they dropped queue early.

Name the unauthorized method or shut up.

And guess what when there’s double digit AV’s up they’re getting a lot less people into the same games. Which is exactly how the queue system is designed to work.

rofl ok.

Intellectual dishonesty is a poor form of trolling, up your game.

1 Like